1. Back into writing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deleted member 16686, Feb 26, 2016.

It's been five years since I last posted on these forums, and it's eye opening to read excerpts I'd posted back then. I feel much better about how I write now haha.

The Force Awakens managed to resurrect my desire to tell a science fiction story I picked up where I'd left off, but eventually decided to scrap what I had written and just start from a fresh angle while still using the premise of the existing work.

I've been frequenting the Writing sub-reddit for the last few months, so I'm looking forward to also learning a thing or two here again as well. So, hello again!

I picked up a copy of Scrivener recently and love it. Such a great tool and has really made sense of the whole project. I'm up to 22 pages (7,000 words) and I'd love to create a novel sized story. It's a great challenge, but it's so worth it. A little excerpt from a chapter I've just started working on. It's one of the first milestones in the plot.

[​IMG]

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Nice writing, and welcome back. Sometimes a break can be very rejuvenating.

Just a note ...you want 'breath' not 'breathe' in your line "A startled breathe..."

3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

I like it. Evocative.

4. Raven484

Raven484 Contributor Contributor

Welcome back Nick, nice read. I also just started using Scrivener, huge help with keeping everything organized. Look forward to seeing some of your work in the workshop.

5. Thanks noticing that, jannert. Yeah, it's great to have some momentum now.

Thanks Oscar. I'm trying to place her experience at the centre of this larger plot.

Thanks Raven. Yeah it's great and I love the way you can compile into wildly different versions too.

6. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor