1. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

reading app for Iphone that lets me take and save notes?

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by 123456789, Oct 28, 2015.

Guys, is there a mobile reading app that lets me modify the pdf/mobi file by making notes? To be clear, I'd want to be able to send that file back to my computer with the changes. I'm not interested in Word so much, because that's not very pretty, in comparison to something like Kindle reader app. Thanks in advance for help.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I looked around, man, and I do not find one that seems to fill this bill. Especially not as regards altering the actual file to imbed the notes within it. You've already mentioned not wanting to use Word (and I'm assuming any other mobile word processor) because that doesn't make for any kind of optimal reading experience - and you're definitely right on that account - but it's the only way I can see it happening.

3. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Thanks a lot for looking!

Marvin (for Iphone) comes closest to fitting the bill. The note taking function is good. Alas, it doesn't seem like you can actually alter the mobi file. You can email the actual edited text though. For now, I'll use use the highlights on my phone and transfer them manually ... -_-