Tags:
  1. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

British golf announcers suck!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NaCl, Dec 31, 2008.

I am having a sleepless night so I watched some golf on one of those late night sports channels, hoping to get tired. The setting was somewhere in China on a 5-star course. Golf is already boring to watch; that's a given. But tonight, I discovered a new low...British golf announcers. Those guys are unbelievably dull, whispering and speaking in monotones like they're attending a funeral. It could have worked in my favor until I heard those idiots calling China...Chin'er. Wake up you guys! I found myself yelling at the TV, "There's no bloody "r" in China, you idiots!" I would expect such pronounciation from some local Cockney soccer announcer but not from world class golf TV broadcasters.

Now that I'm all riled up, I may as well go to the office and get some work done before my employees show up. And here I was hoping some nice boring golf would make me sleepy. Oh well, I'm giving each employee an unexpected 5K bonus to start 2009 so it will be nice to get those checks on their desks before they arrive. It's 4:41 am here.

2. garmar69

garmar69 Contributor Contributor

LMAO!

I might just pitch it all and come work for you Salty!

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

British says ideas as idears.
    They like the r's

4. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

I know plenty of people even around me that add r's to words, especially "idears" like Leaka mentioned. It get's really annoying when they when they do it to several words in a sentence. I also know a lot of people that will drop r's off words that have r's in them. I had one friend that moved from either Rhode Island or Boston and would do that to any word that ended with an "r".