Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave_c

dave_c Active Member

a section for offline writing groups

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by dave_c, May 18, 2012.

Would love to see a section of the forum specifically for offline writing groups or some way to find them via the site.

For example. A world map when clicking on certain areas told you the spec of the groups, who to contact to joinetc

Or simply a thread where people can say "I have a writing group in xxxx we meet on xxxdays pm me for details.

2. GaleSkies

GaleSkies Active Member

I have thought the same thing. It is too hard to find like-minded individuals or people that give a damn about there work out in the real world. At least, not since I left the world of academia. (as if that place could even be compared to the real world) My temporary solution involves email correspondence between strangers met over the internet. Not quite the solid writing group I'm after, but it helps in the meantime while the search continues.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The site does not permit advertising and endorsements.

Such a section would open the door to "writing groups" that are for-proifit sites or scammers.

It may sound like a convenient resource, but given the broad geographic distribution of the membership, I see no value in relaxing the rules against advertising for the very limited benefit that could come from that addition. You're far better off using google.

Of course, as you come to know what other members live near you, you can exchange information via PM with those you feel comfortable with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.