Being a snob

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 67Kangaroos, Jun 3, 2009.

1. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I agree. It just gets really old sometimes being the only person who refuses to give in and just get sloshed regardless of the consequences...

Haha :) I know what you mean, though. Just because a person doesn't run around like a little w***e doesn't mean their a prude or holier than thou or anything like that. It just means they respect themselves and have standards.

2. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I'm a food snob.

I'm boarderline obsessive as to how food is prepared. I won't eat ingredients that aren't fresh, especially chicken and fish. I will only eat chicken and fish on the day of its purchase, and it must be prepared with freshly washed utensils, i.e : I will clean already clean dishes, lol.

Also, I rarely ever drink milk because my brother drinks it out of the carton.. which is just gross, dude.

3. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I'm a snob about that too, and it's a good thing to be a snob about! Perhaps I'm being judgemental, but I have no problem in saying it to someone's face or behind his back --anyone who drinks and then gets behind the wheel is selfish, self-absorbed, rude, and unthinking scum of the earth. I've ended friendships over it; I dont associate with losers like that. It's one thing to do something stupid and endanger yourself. It's another thing entirely to do something stupid and endanger everyone, and that really says something about your character.

4. sophie.

sophie. New Member

I'm a snob about getting paralytic...what's the point?..if you end up passed out, you've wasted your night...and it's dangerous, who wants to choke on their own vomit?! Ugh.

5. InAGreyWorld

InAGreyWorld New Member

i totally agree. when people are like "man, im just having a little fun". its like YOU ARE RISKING OTHER PEOPLES LIVES FOR "A LITTLE FUN". its absurd.
    none of my friends are like that really, because we are kind of young and most of them are pretty respectable, but my older sister has a lot of friends like that. its terrible.

6. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I am a special effects snob. I can't stand bad, cheesy, or fake looking special effects in movies and tv. I also hate it when the special effects are the focus of the movie. How about plot? How about character development?

My sister is a shoe snob. She had $200 slippers. Slippers! She also wears ridiculously high heels all the time...even to walk the dogs. She has had serious reconstructive surgery on her knee and was told to stop wearing heels, but does it anyway. She has back problems and her chiro told her to stop wearing heels, but she does anyway. Now she is pregnant and still click clacking around in her designer heels. If she falls, that would be a very bad thing. The shoes I am wearing today cost me $7. I just don't understand.

7. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

that part in Lord of the Rings where Legolas jumps on the moving horse.... ugh. (did the cg guy have the day off when they made that part?!)

8. KP Williams

KP Williams Active Member

I frequently use "IMO," and "lol" escapes through my fingers once every other blue moon. And while I've never taken an "official" IQ test, the ones I have taken tell me I'm anywhere between 117 and 132. :rolleyes:

The closest thing I can think of concerns people visiting guitar shops. If I go into Guitar Center, etc. and see someone playing Metallica's "One" or Guns 'n' Roses' "Sweet Child o' mine," I instantly assume that person only got into playing guitar because he tried Guitar Hero and thought he was oh so amazing. This goes double if the person is playing a horrible interpretation of whatever Guitar Hero song.

9. M9A8E6S4TO

M9A8E6S4TO New Member

I hate when people say their IQ. It is just a number to give you false hope or low self-esteem.

Sorry FMK :/, you just reminded me and all...

10. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

I love bad special effects. They are often the most entertaining part of action movies. On that note, I might just be a bad movie snob.

Related to this, people who claim they are metal fans but when you ask them what bands they like they only say Metallica.

11. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I totally agree that it says something about your character, and I also have no problem telling someone to their face that I think it's selfish and irresponsible to drink and then drive. Some of the people Joel works with are especially bad about it, and when I say something about it, they start giving me a hard time for being so hardcore about staying sober. I don't understand that. Does it hurt anyone that I'm not drinking? No. Not only does it mean that everyone will get home safely, but I also am much more fun sober than I am drunk...so what are they complaining about?

12. diamonds overun

diamonds overun New Member

I am a pronunciation snob. I hate it when people say “use lot” instead of “you lot” or “Mant” instad of Mount and “Stralya” instead of Australia. There are other but you get the point.

It makes me think they are stupid bogan, and the sad thing is they usually are, so it just reinforces my opinion.