1. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

New Star Trek TV show?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jannert, Oct 12, 2013.

Just saw a great online discussion about a potential return of the Star Trek franchise to the TV screen. The thread asked: 'what would you like to see in a new Star Trek series?'

I almost didn't read on, thinking, oh this is going to be just the usual troll-ridden online 'opinion' guff ...but it's not.

Fans of Star Trek might want to take a look. LOTS of good ideas, and quite a variety of them too. Oh boy. I have no interest in seeing endless reboots of Star Trek, but a completely new take on it? Yes indeedy...

http://io9.com/what-do-you-want-to-see-from-a-new-star-trek-tv-show-1444063674

Let's see. Mine would contain NO time travel, NO parallel universes, NO 'guest star' returns from previous Star Trek Characters. Probably nothing that messes with people's brains and makes them act out of character, either.

I would enjoy seeing something totally different. Maybe rather than a super-ship exploring where no one has gone before, maybe a simple trading ship within the Federation (but still dealing with it), or maybe a sparsely inhabited planet on the far edge of the galaxy having to 'make do.' Or maybe the 'end' of the Federation, where it's just become too big to be coherent, and is now starting to break off into little bits.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  2. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg! I'm so, happy, I don't know what to say!

I love really far fetched sci fi, so would love to see everything we saw so far plus loads more. I'd love to see a take on human evolution, maybe transcendence into a purely technological life-form, under certain conditions, or even pure energy/thought? Factions that have achieved immortality? New hostile and non-hostile species, and definitely loads of plots based on advanced theoretical physics. And Q to be back, for sure :)