1. Augusto

Augusto Active Member

Beta Reading I need help with a novel-essay hybrid

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Augusto, May 18, 2017.

I'm an Spanish writer and I decided to translate one of my books by myself instead of paying someone else to do it for me. So I did it, but I still feel like I need someone to review it.

The book is barely over 200 pages long in its phisical format. It has 20 chapters and most of them are around 7 pages long. I don't need suggestions regarding its content or anything like that, I just need someone to read it and suggest changes wherever some sentence may feel "unnatural" to the native English speaker (also there may be some minor grammar mistakes I missed). Also, you don't need to know Spanish, as the translation was carefully done by me and I am an English teacher in the country I live.

My problem is that I haven't had the chance to be in a country in which people speak English, so I am aware I'm in need of help to polish this work. I really hope someone could help me out with this. It would mean a lot to me.

The book is entitled "The Sage" and it is about a sage who ended up on a mental institution after trying to commit suicide. It is an intellectual story that consists on a series of conversations and doesn't have any narrative at all.