1. Joshlyn

Joshlyn Member

Non-Fiction

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Joshlyn, Jun 4, 2014.

Am I missing a section for Non-Fiction in the Short Stories area?

Why is that?

I truthfully feel most confident in my short non-fiction stories. Like I totally understand while you can't critique the authenticity of the events themselves, you can still critique the craft surrounding it, or how it's written, it's style and such.

I'd really like to post some of my Non-Fiction when I'm able to, and get some advice on sound and style and structure. I mean I can attest all events are true, but I'm just curious?

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Non-Fiction isn't in the short stories section but it has it's own thread in The Workshop section. You could post your stuff
    there - it's a bit of a mixed bag.

3. Joshlyn

Joshlyn Member

Oh okay, I missed that! My bad, sorry about that. I'm new!

4. Joshlyn

Joshlyn Member

Oh and now I see it plain as day. I promise you I looked. I hate when this happens. I swear I did look first before I posted, but apparently not hard enough in the right(and quite obvious/visible) spot!

peachalulu likes this.
  5. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

No prob. When I was new I kept trying to post my story wondering why isn't this dang thing loading up... Then I read the rules. Lol.

Okon likes this.
  6. Joshlyn

Joshlyn Member

Yeah, see I've been on various other forms of different sorts since I was YOUNG and so I was aware every forum has their own unique sets of rules so I made a post asking what they were and how to go about posting, while I was waiting for a response I was looking around at some of the other newbie threads(which made me realize I'd posted my welcome in the wrong place as well) I saw an admin's response to someone else w/ the quick start so while I was waiting on my own response I browsed through it. It seemed pretty generic overall but the rules about not being able to post for critiques before those 3 things have been done was something I noted. So I was like "ah okay"

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

actually, joshlyn, if it's non-fiction, it's not called a 'short story'... it would be a 'personal essay' or 'anecdote'...