1. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Conversation Participants BUG

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Dagolas, Mar 30, 2014.

Hey,

A week ago (and the three years I've been here before that), I've been able to invite 10 Private-Message conversation participants. As of yesterday, when I was trying to send one to several people, I found that it limited me to 2. Why? Is this a bug, or has the cap been reduced?

2. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Anyone know?

3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I'd say PM a Mod and ask. They're the only ones who a) know, and b) can help.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I actually have no idea. This is more of an admin thing, not a mod thing. I just tried a multi-recipient PM to all the mods and it gave me no trouble, but I'm a mod, and sometimes caps and limitations and things like that don't affect me... o_O

5. Wreybies

Ok, so just tried sending under my "dummy account" and yeah, I got the same thing.... Not sure what's up with this. As a mod, our PM's tend to be of the one-on-one kind due to their essential nature and we have our own discussion room to discuss things as a group, so even amongst ourselves, multi-recipient PM's aren't something we do much of.... @Daniel, any help you can give here?

Here's the error I assume you also got, @Dagolas, yes?

*** Not to a be a wiener or anything, but please know that mods have dummy accounts for situations exactly like this, so we can "see" the forum from a regular member's POV for technical issues. Duplicate accounts, or "sock-puppeting" for you internet-vets, is grounds for bannification ***

[​IMG]

6. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Yep, and since this is a roleplay thing I really need all six recipients in the same thing. Any work-around?

7. Wreybies

I'm going to PM you......

8. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

The amount of people you can include in a conversation is dependent upon usergroup. New Members can send to up to 2 (to reduce spam), regular members 8 (previously 10), Supporters 10, senior members 12, volunteers and contributors 14.

I'm unsure why you might decrease from 10 to 2, that is odd.

My best guess is you were still considered a new member by the system and I updated the new member allowance from 10 to 2, but I can't say for sure. It looks like the system considers you a member, so you should be able to send up to 8 now. If this is still an ongoing issue let me know.

9. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

I'm a regular member (3 years now I think?) and can still only get two. Bug?

10. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Are you absolutely sure you can't send more than two at a time? The permissions look correct, which means it's probably a bug or software conflict.