1. CrimsonAngel

CrimsonAngel Banned

Beta Reading In Need of Beta Readers for 50k word Middle Grade Fantasy

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by CrimsonAngel, Nov 29, 2020.

Anyone willing to take that route with me? I am needing to find if there are grammar issues, punctuation issues, any voice tense problems, engaging issues, spelling issues of the like. I will critique to the best of my ability with whatever genre of story you have. (please let that be fantasy or literary fiction or even western) I have a question though: do you have to beta read that other person story just so they can read your story? I used to do this on other forums and I just want to make sure that applies here too. Some things to mention below.

Story: 50,000 words
    Genre: Middle Grade Fiction
    Plot: A 12 year old boy named Joshua ends up in another world where he must rescue his brothers known as the Divine Mystics and defeat the Edgebanes who ride on hounds from reforming the world of Papello.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Evangelos Vlachakis likes this.
  2. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

from your plot summary in this post, I will assume there are grammar issues in your larger manuscript for certain. How long is chapter 1? I can commit to one chapter, though I wouldn't want to commit to a full book knowing there are basic SPAG issues. If interested, send me a PM.

3. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributor Contributor

I'd start by downloading 'Grammarly' or some other free writing tool to check spelling, grammar, and wrong word errors. This will catch some mistakes at least. You may have to divide your text into sections as there is a word count limit.

4. CrimsonAngel

CrimsonAngel Banned

I used to use that but I know for Grammarly you have to have the full version to access more features.

5. Thundair

Thundair Contributor Contributor

Put a chapter in the workshop and see how much of an impact you're talking about.