Black Mirror - anybody watched/watching?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Tenderiser, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ha! She gives him Marmite on toast.

Marmite is the reason I can't hear my British friends make fun of American food, especially chocolate. As long as you all put that stuff on the shelf with actual food items, you've no room to talk. :blech::-D

Tenderiser likes this.
  2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

You know, in my 27 years I have never seen anybody actually eating Marmite. I think it's all a big conspiracy.

But we don't have cheese in a can, so I think we win. :D

Wreybies likes this.
  3. Wreybies

No, no. We don't just have cheese in a can. We have a generous assortment if cheeses in a can! :bigwink::-D

Tenderiser likes this.
  4. antlad

antlad Banned

When I can post in Workshop I will post the beginning of a story I started about this.
    I feel it will be a human nature failing. An amateur will create bots that will end up in a factory as a test, the factory goes under, the bots are forgotten about, rediscovered but can do things they were not meant to do, which will then be emulated and open a Pandora's Box type of situation.

IBM BIOS became the way to start a pc. (IBM makes the bulk of it's money on over 40,000 patents about how a pc starts and runs.)The IBM BIOS has always been buggy. The funny thing is that it is so entrenched in industry, that nobody wants to use a different BIOS because they know IBM inside and out and naturally work around it's flaws.
    (My dad once created a new BIOS. IBM declared it the first complete BIOS to be built with no downfalls. Not one company wanted to use it because that meant learning something new when they already know all the work-arounds in IBM. So a usual story in tech: Why adopt something that works when I already know how to get this thing to work.)

5. Wreybies

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention is that any show that airs on UK TV after the watershed is guaranteed to contain language that's too saucy for regular American network TV. You can show graphic violence here, but you cannot say shit or fuck on NBC, ABC, or CBS... And since networks like HBO and TNT and SyFy (you can shit on SyFy now) are interested in creating, not importing... Bob's your uncle.

6. Wreybies

The woman who greets Scruffy Von Manboobs III at the Hogworts Gaming Factory, I remember her from the second series of In The Flesh, another show that I loved that we would never have the balls to produce on network TV here. The obvious allegory of people with HIV integrating into society is not talk-about-able here, yet.

7. antlad

antlad Banned

When will the UK remake Manimal?