Tags:
  1. Memesis

Memesis Member

An island where the weather hates everyone

Blade Runner: Book Vs. Film(s).

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Memesis, Dec 7, 2020.

In your honest opinion, is Blade Runner better as a book, or a film? Discuss.

2. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Are you going to share an opinion?

EFMingo likes this.
  3. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

As much as I enjoy a discussion about Blade Runner and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? , if you want to start a discussion about it I suggest, like Selbbin above, to provide your own starting point for posters to work off of. Share your thoughts on the differences between the two and what worked best for you. People will be more willing to post, defend, or content with your original post that way, creating the discussion. Saying "discuss" without any grapple point isn't going to garner much interest. Know you're new, so I thought I'd give you a lightning fast rundown on effective thread starting.

Xoic likes this.
  4. Memesis

Memesis Member

An island where the weather hates everyone
    Alright, to add on, I'd say that I personally prefer the book, as I felt for the characters more. The movie wasn't as emotional as the book but it had beautiful visuals and general environment/set design, which really showed off the world of the book. So I'm actually sort-of on the fence here. I like both equally but for different reasons.

Also, thanks EFMingo and Selbbin for the posting tip!

5. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I prefer the film, but then I don't think it's a very good adaptation. A film can be great and a poor adaptation in equal measures, and I think it's because it's a poor adaptation that it's so great. The book is nowhere near as dark as the film, and that's why I prefer the film.

6. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I prefer the film too.

Rick 'I just bought a sheep' Deckard in the book just felt weird, but I'll admit it's probably because I saw the film first.