1. R.A. Blue

R.A. Blue New Member

Blue's Progress Journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by R.A. Blue, Jun 7, 2017.

So, this is probably the best thing for me to be doing right now. Keeping track of my writing progress was never something I thought to do, but I feel that in starting to do so, I will find the motivation I need to bring this story through to completion. So without further delay, let's get down to business.

Where the story is at right now:

The second draft of my manuscript is completed. Its insane to think that, just three months ago, the first chapter's gone from being forty pages long to three pages. When I first started out, I would have thought such brevity would fail to capture what I wanted to show in the first segment. However, the first chapter-and all of the chapters following suit in similar fashion, have seen a dramatic increase in quality.

Some excess characters, events, and other "fat" has been trimmed from the second draft, and now the story flows in a way that I feel makes sense. I have yet to determine if anyone else feels the same way though, and with that being the case, I will need to find beta readers to help tear the story a new one, so to speak, and to tell me if I'm just puffing up my own sense of accomplishment.

Conclusion:

Goals set for this week:
    - Find beta readers
    - Become active on writingforums and learn what I can

Things I'm concerned about:
    - Seeing flow where there is no flow
    - Shallow characters

Things I'm happy about:
    - The main character's dialogue
    - The worldbuilding and setting
    - The villains

nastyjman and Dracon like this.