1. kmlovering

kmlovering New Member

Hi All!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kmlovering, Dec 10, 2007.

So, I will try and make this as painless as possible. My name is Kim, and I have three kids, all wonderful and brilliant like their mother. Old joke, but still funny? I have just a few hobbies, the one that is most important would be..., you guessed it. Writing. I also enjoy reading. My favorite genre is Horror. I love anything to do with the paranormal, a bit odd in this department. I cook occasionally, when my kids beg me too, and yes, I do work. I work in a bank, and well, it's not the dream job, but it does pay the bills. I am thrilled to have been referred to this site, and I am very much impressed with it thus far. I posted a couple of chapters, and have gotten some very insightful critique! Welcome to the rest of the newbies, and I look forward to reading every one's hard work!

2. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

A brilliant introductory message, Kim.

Welcome to the site, glad you followed the link and I hope you make the most out of our special reviewing system that'll actually have you receive a number of insightful comments,

Bluemouth

3. Good_writer

Good_writer Banned

Welcome to writing forums, Kim.

4. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums, Kim :) Like you, my favourite genre is horror/thriller, so I look forward to seeing some of your work.

5. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

Hey Kim. :) Welcome to the forums! I love stories about the paranormal. See you around.

6. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums, its nice to see that we still have a steady influx of members :) Hope that you stick with us :)

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Kim, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

We New Englanders seem to be a growing presence on the site. :)

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Writing Workshops, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Writing Workshops, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Writing Workshops on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just bulletin boards for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

8. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Hey Kim, Welcome to the site. I am Heather and can be found around here most of the time and if you would like a review, need any help or just want to chat then drop us a line and I'll be happy to help. Looking forward to seeing you around here more.
    Heather

9. kmlovering

kmlovering New Member

Thank you for such a warm welcome! I am glad to find I'm not alone in my fascination for the paranormal. I have already read many of the stories posted. It's going to be difficult for me to critique another person's work, but I will really try and be honest and effective if I can. As far as mine, the field is open. Say what you will because in the end it's the reader's opinion that matters! Thanks again.

10. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

When it comes to reviewing someone else's work, Kim, just do the best you can. Give your opinion on what you liked and what you never, and say why. To begin with that is all anyone could ask for, and gradually work upwards to make them more detialed. Hope this helps. :)
    Heather

11. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

Welcome Kim. I also have a fascination with the paranormal. It seems like most people do or do not. I would love to hear about your thoughts on the topic and will be eager to read what you have written. Have a good time here.

12. kmlovering

kmlovering New Member

My thoughts

Have you ever seen the program on the sci-fi channel called "Ghost Hunters?"

I watch this particular show, because with every investigation they do, they set about de-bunking it first. It quite interesting, and fun to watch. I guess I enjoy horror books because they take me out of the norm. While I enjoy many different genres' horror remains my favorite!

13. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Ghost Hunters is a fictional series made to look like an investigative show. I don't care for it myself.

14. ANT (Bar YOSEF)

ANT (Bar YOSEF) New Member

Hey kim u ok? its ant here - im interested in the paranormal as well. Is that Ghost Hunters like Most Haunted in the UK?

15. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome.

16. trailer trash

trailer trash New Member

Dear Writer,

Welcome to one of the fastest growing writers forums on the web. I’m sure if you hang around long enough you’ll begin to make new friends and enjoy becoming a participating member of the writersforum.org. I am sure each new member will bring something new and valuable to the forum as well as find it an interesting and wonderful place to explore and learn more about the wonderful world of writing.

I have been away for awhile myself, and unfortunately have not been able to keep up with greeting the large influx of new members personally. Please forgive, but except my sincerest and belated welcome to the forum.

Cordially yours,

Trailer Trash

17. kmlovering

kmlovering New Member

It is very similar. Although Ghost Hunters tries to debunk, and they usually can. It's fun to watch, and I agree with what other's in the forum say, they do put a spin on the show, and maybe exaggerate some. Most Haunted is good, and the reason I watch it is because of the the places they investigate. So many castles, and history. BOO!

18. Gunslinger

Gunslinger New Member

Hello and welcome Kim!

19. kmlovering

kmlovering New Member

Thanks! Glad to be here with, so many of the worlds most distinguished!

20. Darksoul

Darksoul New Member

Welcome:)

The paranormal, ey? I'm curious about your work. Will try and check it out soon!

21. kmlovering

kmlovering New Member

I hope you do!

I hope you'll check it out. It is of course a work in progress, and still rough around the edges, but getting there I think.