1. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

Book page preview from ebook link

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by Catrin Lewis, Mar 5, 2023.

This might be a little esoteric, but I've searched for the answer elsewhere online and haven't found what I need.

I'm revising the file for my first ebook to get rid of some typos, etc., and to add in some social media platforms I wasn't on in 2018.

As long as I had the HTML file open, I took it to the Chrome viewer to make sure the little reaction buttons after my story text were working. Not the blue links where I ask readers to follow me, but the Facebook, Goodreads, etc., symbols the reader can click on and post a review of my book to his or her own social media page(s).

Fullscreen capture 352023 121829 AM.bmp.jpg

I tested the link to Facebook on my own author page. It posted there, all right. And when you click on the preview image, it takes you to the correct book page on my author/publisher website.

But the preview image is just the background for the website in general. It's a nice, atmospheric black and white shot of the Vale of White Horse, fine for layering my colorful book cover on top of on my website, but likely to be overlooked on someone's Facebook profile.

Fullscreen capture 352023 121343 AM.bmp.jpg

I've changed the website preview page in the Wix editor. I've tried using different URLs in the background coding in the HTML. Each time the moody gray shot remains.

Surely, other people here have inserted social media buttons at the back of their ebooks that put an actual picture of the book on people's pages. How did you do it?