1. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

Book printing

Discussion in 'Print on Demand' started by spklvr, Jan 2, 2012.

A while ago I wrote a story together with my younger cousins who are eight and eleven. We also made a lot of illustrations to go with it. I have now spent some time making the whole thing comprehensible and I think it has become very good, and I think I would like to try having it published some time in the future, once I am a better writer and have more experience. However, I would also like to give my cousins the book in proper book form with all the pictures they drew now that it is finished (or as finished as I can get it at my current skill level), so I thought about book printing. But would that count as self-publishing?

Does anyone have experience with book printing? How does it work? What quality can I expect? How much does it cost generally? Are there companies in Europe that will deliver the books to Norway? Thank you :)

2. joanna

joanna Active Member

I wrote a story for my best friend, and I had it published in a hardcover book with a cover I made. Looked pretty good. Costed about fifteen bucks. Staples.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

yes, a copy center is your best bet...

if you want more than a few copies, lulu and its ilk are a good deal for just print, but may be too expensive for color illustrations... a printing company can run from $200-300 for b/w [25-50 copies] and on up, for full color...

4. AmyHolt

AmyHolt New Member

When you print your book for family members and aren't trying to sell it or distribute it commerically then it doesn't count as self-publishing it the way they standardly refer to self-publishing.