1. Space Addict

Space Addict New Member

Book recommendation

Discussion in 'Book Discussion' started by Space Addict, Apr 25, 2011.

Hi there,

I’m new to this site and a fairly new writer as my introduction post stated.

I have some good ideas and I’m keen to get these down in the form of a science fiction novel, however being the novice that I am I don’t want to throw myself into the deep end without any idea of how to swim.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good books that give tips / general advice on writing a novel, where to start, character development through to getting it published. Preferably free online PDF downloads would be great. Of course I will also be using this forum as a good source of information.

Any finger pointing in the right direction will be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Space Addict.

2. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

I would advise going to your local library and check out their selection of books about writing. Rather than following a single book, you should read as many as you can because what worked for one author may not work for you.

3. Space Addict

Space Addict New Member

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I live in Brazil so I don’t have a local library to take advantage of. I was kinda hoping I'd be able to find some online books that I could download or something.

4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Google "Baen Free Library." Baen is a well-known publisher in the science fiction market and they have a number of books available for free online.

5. Space Addict

Space Addict New Member