Books - How many a year?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Lemex, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Viamence

Viamence New Member

I actually place my books on my shelf in the order that I read them, so I know exactly how many books I read last year.

26. The last one I read was the Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman and that was very good.

2. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

I don't really keep track. After I finished school when I had to read several great texts in a single week, I've promised myself not to put any pressure on myself to read and to enjoy myself.

3. Paki-Writing

Paki-Writing New Member

Not counting what I read for school,on-line articles, magazines (like Scientific American), newspapers... I'd say I read 0-3 books a year.

4. Silver_Mystic_Breeze

Silver_Mystic_Breeze New Member

I have about 600 (Maybe more now, haven't re-counted for a while) books in my book case and re-read nearly the whole thing in a year, so maybe about 400. A lot of these however are about 180 pages long. I do also read a quiet a few 800 - 1200 page books, but the majority is 180.

5. RyanM

RyanM New Member

I read 450-500 page books. I never read much during the year before I started University, and this year I am on my 6th or 7th book. Which in one year is pretty good then I have read before.

6. redbaron

redbaron New Member

I'd say that I normally read around 30 (new-to-me) books a year. An extra ten would probably account for the ones I end up re-reading, and about three for those that I read online.

7. lynneandlynn

lynneandlynn New Member

o_O

I read so many books in a week I don't even try to count how many I may or may not read in a year.
    I can sit down and read a 1000page novel in a day, although I don't do that often. I guess I'd say I read about two books a week on average, with five being as many as I read a week when it comes to weeks when I have absolutely nothing else to do. So if you go by simply 2 books a week, then I read about 114 books a year (probably more). I just never thought it that important to keep track of...

~Lynn

8. Lil Miss Me

Lil Miss Me New Member

Let me put it this way I have a three shelved book shelf unit, three drawers beneath my bed, one beneath my stereo, and one in my dresser bursting with books. There is only...I think three of them that I didn't read this past year. :D Yeah I know I'm a total freak, hahaha. That's a freakin' lot though I don't know the exact number.

9. topper

topper New Member

Probably at least 200 a year, with one-quarter to one-half being rereads. It's slowed down a lot since I started college and during finals or midterms, it's mostly mangas so my poor brain doesn't have to do any work whatsoever. In high school, it wasn't unusual for me to read a book or more a day.

10. Polyphonic-Canary

Polyphonic-Canary New Member

About 25-50 depending on time and money. I suspect I'll be reading around 50 this year, due to the fact I'm absolutely skint. Thank god for libraries. :)

11. Akraa

Akraa New Member

Count the number of books I read?

Dear gods, I'm a writer, not an accountant!

12. WashingtonIrving

WashingtonIrving New Member

I'll read over 50 this year, probably about the same last year. I don't read all that fast but I read quite a lot. I'll get through some books in 1 or 2 days but I'm not the sort of person who could get through War and Peace, say, in a week.