1. frigocc

frigocc Contributor Contributor

Books Similar To Putting The Science In Fiction?

Discussion in 'Research' started by frigocc, Mar 2, 2019.

Trying to make my scifi as realistic as possible, and if there are any books that help you make more realistic scifi.

2. XRD_author

XRD_author Banned

Fundamentals of Physics by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker.

3. frigocc

frigocc Contributor Contributor

I feel like that'd be a bit over my head Looking for layman stuff, to be honest. Having accurate scifi without going into great detail .

4. EBohio

EBohio Banned

Sci-Fi by definition is not realistic. If you mean making some of the background science seem realistic then you have to read a book on that because it can be so many things. What do you have in mind?

5. XRD_author

XRD_author Banned

That's not true. Sci-Fi need be no more unrealistic than any other work of fiction.
    For example, Heinlein's classic The Moon is a Harsh Mistress was completely in accord with science as we know it. I think the more recent The Martian is as well, although I forget what solution they used to keep the crew from suffering radiation poisoning during the trip from Earth to Mars.