Books You Read More Then Once

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Cacian, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kallithrix

Kallithrix Banned

When I was a kid I had some absolute favourites that I could read again and again - 101 Dalmations never got old, same with Fantastic Mr Fox, The Twits and Charlie and the Chocolate factory. In fact most of Roald Dahl's books are well and truly tattered in my house :)

Since I got all growed up I don't tend to re-read books anymore - I don't know if it's because I don't have time, I don't feel the need because I remember books fairly well, or I just don't have that same childlike attachment to favourite things anymore. I'm trying to think of a book I've read twice in the last 15 years and I'm not coming up with anything - oh, wait, that's a lie. I did track down and read some of the trashy romance novels I'd stolen from my mum's bedside drawer when I was about 10, just to see if they really were as racy and mature as I thought they were then.

God they were awful.

(I still loved them though)

:D

2. RoseTHuman

RoseTHuman Member

It's a tad embarrasing, but I've read several of the Series of Unfortuante Events more than once because there are so many delightful references to other writers or historical events and the like that I'm always finding new ones.

3. cold grave

cold grave Member

The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman. An examination of the beginnings of the Great War.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.