Bounded Minds: Story Hour!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

At Haleigh's squirms and screams, which reminded Joshua so lovingly of his mother, he took a step forward to come to her aid but after having parsed the meaning over her words, thought better of it. In. Desperate attempt to show some assertive qualities, he stepped between the Spaniard and Haleigh. "Did he touch you?" He asked, concerned.

Kubi rudely interrupted him however, or he her, he couldn't tell.

"baby... I was almost married off at 15,most of my friends where married off at a similar age and now have kids, you are lucky America is so nice. Honestly you can't even handle someone getting close? that's just silly."

"Silly? I'd say some people are just....sensitive. Just like you're probably sensitive about your origins, I guess."

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

"How is that I went to school and find myself with such ominous rumors??..." said a voice that came from behind the group that formed at the Angel Statue.
    It was a soft voice but carrying a strong tone, enough to caught the attention of the students, moving them from the top hat to him.
    Behind them a tall boy appeared, he wore blue jeans and brown shoes, on his top an open brown jacket revealing a red shirt with a tartan pattern, his left wrist displayed a wristwatch colored in gold and silver that could be all but cheap. His face had something characteristic though, he was a blonde man with blue eyes and frameless glasses that gave him an intellectual appearance; and what stood most was a bruise on the left side of his mouth that extended to the borders of his nose.
    The boy placed his index and middle finger of his right hand on his glasses's bridge and fixed its position.
    "Shall I assume this is all somehow related to the murder incident that had been a new of late?" asked the young curious and without waiting for an answer he continued.
    "Oh for those who don't know me, please allow me to introduce myself. Well I think that's only you" said fixing his glance on Abel, completely ignoring the top hat man.
    "I study in the same school as my classmates here, but on a superior grade, still I have some fame on the place, thus I'm pretty sure they know who I am, shame on them if they don't.. *chuckle*... Name is Wilhelm Dietrich" introduced himself revealing a name of an origin that corresponded appropiately with his accent, clearly pointing certain german ascendence.

"My dear classmates, I know that I haven't showed myself for two week, still...how is that no one of you called me when something as exciting as this happened in our city!!??, who was the student that solved the case of the thievering at the teacher's lounge?, me!, who was the student that exposed the lies of one of a police member in the case of the principal's son disappearance?, me!, who was the student that found the identity of the boy behind the murdering of pets?, Right, that was me!... and who is the student that will solve the case of the murderer in the city?... that will be me of course!!" claimed proudly the boy with a tone that was both praising himself and looking down at the rest.

"Anyway, enough of my meaningful but not necessary reminder... As I just arrived today I'm a bit lost in the events that had happened... Who will be nice enough to fill me up with information?... my gratitude will be your recompense, either that or I'll pay you a dinner." said showing a smile

3. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I began applauding the boy slowly, the diaries tucked under my arm tightly. "Oh my, you accomplished small cases, you're oh so talented, oh give me your autograph, foolish wanna-be detective." I said, my voice cold and unamused by the arrogant... 'detective'. "Go back to your little... 'cases', if you can even call them that, and let the professional handle this, I have no time for the ravings of an egotistical arrogant narcissistic lunatic, if you get in my way, I shall remove you from it." I said, glaring at the boy.

4. lixAxil

Wilhelm closed his eyes and fixed his glasses for an instant before replying to Joe's... attempt of offense.
    "Huh?... do you expect me to name the list of all the cases I've solved before?... I would love to me, but I already sacrificed a bit of valuable time and I'm in pain just wasting a bit more. I only named those that my classmates are familiar with, as it's not necessary to mention those outside of their school life."

He then fixed on Joe and continued. "Classmate... pardon me if I don't remember your name. You call me an egostistical arrogant narcissistic lunatic... I assume that you said that to me as an attempt to offend me, hoping me to deny those titles and then turn of this meaningless talk a vicious circle... However you aren't far of the truth with that, I fear I may be lying if I deny them classmate..."

Once again he fixed his glasses.. "Shall we return to topic?... I assume that you don't have anything useful to contribute with as you would rather waste your time attempting to offend someone and failing at it. Would you please stop making me waste more of my time that can be used to solve this case?... I propose you to leave other person to speak, someone brighter, with a more developed capacity to understand a simple petition if you don't mind." replied Wilhelm maintaining the same tone

"I repeat my solitude again classmates. Can any of you fill me up with details of what had happened so far related to this murder case?"

5. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Peter’s eyes widened as he arrived at the angel statue.

His attention immediately going to Haleigh, he’d recognized her scream his chest moving up and down as nervous sweat ran down his forehead.

She was safe!

Thank goodness.

Peter’s looked up at the others and gave a broken smile.

Wow…..this was unexpected.

A Spanish man dressed as if it was different century caught his eye

Haleigh’s death glare directed at the man made him make her way over to her.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

Top Hat let out a healthy laugh.

“Well it seems Mister Dietrich has stolen my thunder.”

He clapped his hands together. “This is a very entertaining group I must say its a pleasure.”

6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Amii plodded down the sidewalks of practically every street she could think of while trying to find the others.

Stupid mom, stupid homework! she grated over and over again, then peeked around a corner only to see yet another empty street. She was on the verge of cursing when a scream shattered the air.

Her feet moved of their own accord, and before Amii was even conscious of moving she'd come up beside Peter and stopped short. A very strange, very Spanish man from a bygone century stood before her.

Amii could only quirk one eyebrow in disbeleif.

7. lixAxil

The attention of Wilhelm shifted and was now fixed upon Top Hat.

"Pardon me.... I don't think we have met before haven't we?" asked with curiosity maintaining a polite behaviour.

"Despite what you may believe I always recognize the face of those I have seen before. This of course includes my dear classmates. To be able to discern between people is a necessary quality for members of the Anzhël family" explained the young man.

"All this leads me to ask, who might you be?" asked

8. Kingtype

“Wonderful!” Top Hat said taking a glance at Amii.

“What a multicultural audience this is.”

"All this leads me to ask, who might you be?"

Top Hat shook Wilhelm’s hand. “That’s a rather broad question.”

His smile faded into a stoic expression. “The young lady seems to think I’m a pervert. Though I can assure I am not that variety of criminal.” He said breaking the handshake.

“As for who I am, well it all depends who you want me to be. I used the names Chuck and Steven upon my arrival here or would you simply prefer one of my more well known names?”

9. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

((My bad guys. I posted an OOC post here. I really need to pay attention more))

10. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

“Are you alright?”

Haleigh gritted her teeth as the question was repeated. Couldn't everyone see that she was NOT alright! The stranger in their midst had been mere inches away from her face! And yet, here they were calling her a daft fool and silly; all while accepting the man's presence. Figures.

But seeing Peter's concerned expression; her own softened. "Yeah, I'm fine...now." Haleigh muttered. I'm really not.

“The young lady seems to think I’m a pervert. Though I can assure I am not that variety of criminal.”

At the mention of herself, she glared at the man once again, her face scrunched in anger.

"Well, if you're not a pervert, then why were you so close to me, huh? And, where did an outdated freak like you come from anyway? Some sort of time machine? Because top hats are like so 19th century!" Haleigh scoffed.

11. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"What is pervert?" Kubi asked getting a little bored again. "and how does standing close to someone make you a pervert?" Kubi hopped up beside Haleigh.

"Am I pervert now? how about you? Are you now a pervert?" Kubi asked in genuine curiosity.

"And you, Chucky Steve are you wanting something?"

12. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

“The young lady seems to think I’m a pervert. Though I can assure I am not that variety of criminal.”

"Hang on," Joshua interjected, "so you are a criminal?" Whatever the man's motives were for publically admitting that he didn't permit himself to be restrained by law, they were probably dark and Joshua had no desire to find out about them.

"What is pervert?"

"You mean: what is a pervert? And, 'Am I a pervert now' and 'do you want something'," Joshua corrected. He didn't dislike Kubi, but he simply couldn't stand the many mistakes she was making. Most would've called him a grammar nazi if not for his Jewish origins.

Wreybies, JessWrite and Exzalia like this.
  13. lixAxil

Wilhelm smiled and replied to Top Hat... "I'll rather have the pleasure to use your real name, but that doesn't seem like your intention, shall I use Steven then?, well names asides. I'll be direct, what is your relation with the murder that happened in the city?, assuming you have a relationship, which seems like that, if you.........."
    He suddenly stopped, Harleigh's behavior interrupted him enough to lightly irritate him, yet he maintained his composture.

"Classmate.." he said referring to Harleigh. "If you consider this man a pervert just by being close to you, I kindly suggest you to avoid contact with people at all. It may be my impression, but you don't seem to be made for that kind of role, perhaps a work in a comfortable and aislated office would be perfect for you" said the young stating a opinion mixed with mockery.

14. Kingtype

"so you are a criminal?"

“Yes I am in fact.” Top Hat replied. "I'm this variety of criminal." A golden wrist watch dangled in his fingers.

Wihelm's wrist obviously naked.

“You may refer to me as Carter Prescott the 3rd.” He smiled. “Wanted in many countries for taking things that don't happen to be mine."

“My connection to the crime is nothing. I’m simply watching the enemy.”

15. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"An identity-flop. Typical." Amii muttered, finally regaining some semblance of self. And upon spying the wristwatch, 'Carter Presctott' immediately found that very thing missing from his own hand.

Amii dangled it in front of his face, eyes narrowed. "I don't like theives. My Padre was one, and he's in jail now. But not after i picked up a few tricks of my own, so don't think that you can just nab stuff while I'm around, comprende?" Amii dropped the wristwatch into Wilhelm's hand, once more taking the position of a mute, albeit female, body guard.

16. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

Connor glanced out the window of the music shop.
    "Looks like some sort of commotion," he said, organizing CD's. "Hope it won't come down here."

17. TheApprentice

Nick was walking the sidewalk toward what would soon be his new high school, with pen and notepad in hand.

He didn't really care if people thought he was weird or what he was doing was weird. He was just looking for inspiration for a story. Since he was just 10 years old he wanted to write novels, but never spent too long working on it due to lack of inspiration and his cousin always bugging him.

Nick now hoped he could work on his writing career in this small town. He was sure it would be a boring experience, but at least he would have something new to write about.

'The town is Great Barrington, Massachusetts. The year is 1996. The sky grows dark...' Nick wrote, looking up to see a commotion in the distance 'Not far off something captures my attention'

18. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Abel had arrived just in time to see the top-hatted man pilfer a boy's watch. Under normal circumstances, he would have done something about it. But today, today was not normal.

"Don't be harassing any of these young people," was all he could muster. He had a sinking suspicion that the idiot from the limo wasn't listening to his orders, and he needed to get back to his crime scene. "I'm a police officer, I'll be over there," he said, shaking his head at the waste of time, then turned, and started heading briskly back towards his crime scene...

His crime scene.

19. lixAxil

Certain interest poured in the face of Wilhelm as soon as the man revealed his position. Then after he heard his words a notorious chuckle came from him.

"Don't mind such meaningless detail policeman. At the contrary... There is a murder in the city and you'll rather focus in the thievering of some useless wristwatch that I won't even bother to reclaim?. The police's priorities surely are questionable" exposed the young his thoughts.

The policeman shaked his head and abandoned the place, Wilhelm smiled..

I see he realize how wrong his priorities were

20. Kingtype

"I don't like theives. My Padre was one, and he's in jail now. But not after i picked up a few tricks of my own, so don't think that you can just nab stuff while I'm around, comprende?"

“Rather poor tricks.” He replied. “I appreciate the effort though.”

Carter gave a bow. “Well you all have been a lovely audience but I must be on my way.”

Before anyone could follow the thief vanished into the night.

After the students were questioned some more by Abel and Kelly before everyone parted ways.

The two detectives returned to the house to find Eugene and the van men gone the house untouched.

Everyone mad their way home to get a goodnight’s rest….if they could.

Some plagued with insomnia over friends parents being murdered and others merely to curious to get any shut eye.

It was foggy day next morning as the students flooded into first period Chemistry with Mr. Forrester.

Peter never had enjoyed chemistry.

The subject was too complex for his liking, besides hard to concentrate when Stella’s kidnapping and the idea Roxy’s terrified face disrupting his thoughts.

Yet Mr. Forrester’s accent always made the class worth even if an F ended up on the report card.

Hitchin' A Ride

Shower, Shave, Suit, Tie, Coffee, Bagel...Woodrow went through his morning routine. Which was a bit more rushed than usual do to his alarm not going off. Thomas glanced down at his watch as he took a swig of coffee. 7:30!? Gar...stupid alarm clock. He took one last bite of his bagel and sprinted out the door to his car. The coffee went into the cup holder and briefcase in the passenger seat. A minute later he began backing out of his driveway.

Nicotine smoke flooded into the teacher’s nose.

“Hey Woodstock! How are the niece and sister?” A voice asked from Woodrow’s backseat.

The man in the Hawaiian pushed himself up into a sitting position a cigarette hanging from his lips and small bags under his blue eyes.

“Damn you had me waiting for a hell of a long time.”

Woodrow's foot hit the brake, bringing the car to a screeching halt. The hair on the back of his neck was raised and his heart felt like it might burst from his chest. He turned in his seat to look at the man who sat, uninvited, in his car. "Who do you think you are? Getting into my car...and smoking no less!"

“Well I’m the man who knows you’re a teacher; I know you've got family in the area, I know you teach at Stickler High and I know you’re Roxy’s favorite teacher.”
    The man took another puff a smile forming on his face.

“I’ll let that sink in.”

Woodrow was starting to have a horrible suspicion of who this cretin was. "What do you want?"

“Well that’s simple Woodstock.” He replied. “I…well, more so Roxy, needs your help.”

"It's Woodrow, and how could Roxy possibly need my help. She's under the care of the state, I don't even know where she is."

“She’s in foster care at the moment. I know the place and when I kidnap her I need someone she trusts nearby.” He said bluntly. “If she saw me, she’d probably freak out.”

Woodrow's face turned white, then red with anger. "What in hell makes you think I'd help, hell...let you kidnap a child!?"

The man’s mouth dropped open at Woodrow’s rage. “WOW! I thought Woodstock was supposed to be all about love and peace!” A thoughtful expression came over his face. “Then again there was an awful lot of rape and drug abuse there.”
    He shook his in frustration. “Dammit. Listen to me carefully, if we don’t go get her someone a lot less friendly is gonna show up on that foster family’s doorstep.”

"So, I'm supposed to believe you're the good guy in this situation?" He shook his head in disbelief. This man was a psycho. He reached his concealed hand towards his pocket and slowly pulled out his phone. "What do you want with her anyway?" Woodrow asked, in an attempt to keep the intruder distracted.

Hawaiian shirt sighed. “Really you’re calling the police?” His tone clearly annoyed.
    “Shit and I thought you were supposed to care about your students. If I get arrested then they’ll get to her like they got to Stella.”

The man finished his cigarette and tossed it out the window. “I’m no good guy, never have been and never will. Good guys don’t exist in this game.”

His eyes narrowed at the teacher. “But that girl is trouble. Now please if you care about her you will listen to me.”

"Whose they? What game!?" Thomas asked, exasperated. "Look, the safest thing for Roxy, if she's truly in trouble, is to inform the police....not commit a federal crime and kidnap an already distraught child."

“These are matters of best covered up and what not. The police would just fuck things up.”

The man face palmed. “Hell if anything they have jurisdiction over the cops. Besides, honestly Woodstock....this would probably be good for you.” He pointed out.

"Good for me!? How would committing a federal crime be good for me?"

“I know your type.” He scoffed. “You probably lived a pretty normal life. Of course you’ve had your struggles everybody does but in a general sense lemme guess you grew up, went to school had a love for it and decided to be teacher then the rest is history.”
    He leaned back as he went on. “Now here you are a man his thirties getting up and doing the same thing every day in and out, which is fine I mean if you love it that’s great!”

His smile returned. “But you mean to tell me you never get bored? Sure the children are the future and all that jazz. But you honestly never crave a little excitement and even some danger in your life? You just wanna keep teaching and die as that or retire and die as that.”

“I can see it in your eyes. You gotta a little taste of danger and excitement very recently.”

Hawaiian shirt produced another cigarette. “And now here a dangerous and exciting person is sitting in the back of your car. Sure you don’t like him but you can’t deny that you’re curious about him; you can’t deny that you’re curious about the murders that took place here and finally you can't deny that you're curious about why Roxy and Stella are so important that guys like the man in the back of your car and presumably nastier folks are out to get them."

The man moved forward stepping over into the front side of the car and taking a seat in shotgun. “So you have a choice kick the man out of your car and wonder what might have been while you live your same life you’ve been living or come on adventure to help out a child. Basically follow the rabbit or stay in the garden.”

Woodrow's knuckles tightened around the steering-wheel as he battled with himself. Why was he even considering this? Why did he feel compelled to believe this man. Was it the story that people inside the government were going after Roxy? Was it his desire to experience more of life than teaching a group of hormonal teens? Was it just because he felt personally responsible for her and wouldn't be able to forgive himself if something happened to her when he could've helped?

Thomas didn't know. Realistically, it was probably a combination of all those things. Finally Woodrow sighed, like he couldn't believe what he was about to say, "First I want a guarantee that no harm will come to her. Second, I need to know what you are planning on doing with her."

“I agree no harm will come to her and what do I plan to do with her? I really don’t know to be honest that step comes later.”
    The man looked into Woodrow's eyes. "But I'll give you this. I'll tell you my name."

He lit the cigarette. “The name is Dexter Craftian and I don’t get paid enough for all the work I’ve put in.” He pointed at the keys in Woodrow’s ignition. “Now let’s get a move on. I got the directions memorized.”

Dexter clicked the radio and Vanity Fare sounded through out the car.

21. TheApprentice

Nick walked through the halls after the front office registered him into the system. This was his first day, and like with every new school he was confused about his schedule, and had no idea where the classrooms were.

"Chemistry. Mr Forresters class." he said to himself out loud. It was a small school and he doubted it would take long to find.

The night before Nick merely walked away from the scene with the detectives and students, but still remembered it vividly. It seemed interesting but serious, and he didn't want to annoy anyone by getting into it when it had nothing to do with him.

As his mind was wondering he happened upon the door to a classroom which had the name Forrester on a little sign on the wall next to it. Being used to doing so, Nick opened the door, knowing everyone was probably now staring at him.

"Hey, Im new. My names Nick Travis. This class is on my schedule for this block." He said to Mr Forrester.

22. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Welcome, good morning, good morning, welcome." Ewan's thick Scottish accent could be heard in the hallway as he ushered the groggy kids in.

"Hey, I'm new. My name's Nick Travis. This class is on my schedule for this block."

"Oh what's that, mister Travis, you've got my class down on your schedule? Allow me, if you would, to check your schedule very briefly to make sure it's double check 'cause it'd be awfully embarrassing if I had to ask you to leave for lacking the proper credentials to enter my classroom." Ewan glared at the new kid with his hand held out expectantly. "I'm just screwing with you, sit down." He chuckled and pointed Nick at an open seat. "Okay, everybody! I know you're all bursting with excitement so let's get started with some chemistry! Today we'll be doing a redox lab!" With crisp clicks, he spelled out R-E-D-O-X on the chalkboard. "Before we begin with the lab, let's discuss the basics. Who here knows what 'redox' is?"

23. TheApprentice

Nick sat down in the chair the teacher pointed at. He kept silent as he didn't know what redox was, but he was ready to take notes. He got a pretty shit grade in his last science class and wanted to do better this year.

The one thing he was glad about was Mr Forresters sense of humor and funny accent. At least he seemed like he wasn't one of those boring teachers.

He wanted to find out more about what happened the day before, but he was tired and decided to just wait till lunch period.

24. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Kubi stumbled into class, she didn't look all too good. Bags under her eye's and a runny nose. She looked miserable, with out even looking at the teacher she staggered up to a random desk and flopped down.

*Ah choo! sniff.* It seemed evident she had a cold night, and from the smell of things she hadn't bathed in a day or two.
    Instantly she put her head down and zoned out of the class room.

25. TheApprentice

Nick was taking notes, making sure not to miss any details. He was extremely bored with what he was doing, and almost didn't notice the girl who had just sat down next to him.

He didn't get a real close look at the people he saw last night, being that it was dark and he was standing at a distance, but his instinct turned his attention to the Vietnamese girl next to him. He couldn't help but think she looked familiar.

"Hey, I think i saw you last night." He said to her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.