1. Joe_

Joe_ Member

Hello. Isn't it a grand day now that I've arrived?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Joe_, Aug 24, 2014.

Bobbie was surprised when she opened the forum door to see the handsome man standing in the rain. She looked him up and down and politely asked, "With whom am I speaking?"

"Let me introduce myself. I am Joe_ of Kentucky my lady. And I would consider it an honor of the highest degree if you would allow me into your fascinating Writers Forum today."

Bobbie was taken back by his request. She wondered how she would be able to write with such a handsome gentleman always coming in and out....and in and out and in and out. Stop it you silly fool!, he's not that cute."

With a kind smile she replied, "of course, please come in."

And so from that day forward, Joe_ spent his days carousing the forums, reading and critiquing and posting knowing one day in the not so distant future (14 days, 20 post and at least 2 critiques per offering) he too would be able to post his work and receive much sought after critiques and advice.

And as for Bobbie, she would go about her business as she always had. But she would always remember that rainy August morning when she opened that forum door and that pompous ass blurted out those words, "Hello. Isn't it a grand day now that I've arrived?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  2. Joe_

Joe_ Member

I guess I need to say a little about myself. I did not see where I could edit my post, so sorry.
    I live in Burlington, KY. with my lovely wife of 21 years. I am an Airline Pilot/Instructor by trade.

I have been working on my novel since 2009. For all but the last 11/2 years since I have been flying the line. I had a lot of down time in hotels and did a lot of my writing while sitting in said hotels.

Now I teach in the flight simulators and am home almost every night. I am finding myself having to make time to write now. Before it kind of fell into my lap.

My novel is a political thriller/murder mystery all rolled up into one. I am at a point now where I need to come up with an ending so I can move forward. And that is the trap I am in right now.

I look forward to meeting all of you. Thank you and...
    "Isn't it a grand day now that I've arrived?

3. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

I am so telling Wreybies you said he was a woman named Bobbie!

Welcome to the forum. You've now reached a cruising altitude of 30,000 feet. Feel free to move about the cabin. :agreed:

4. Joe_

Joe_ Member

Hey! That's my line!

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Joe! I like your introduction, very creative. :D Yes, our @Wreybies must be this Bobbie. :D

Anyway, here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you properly started, although it seems you might've already taken a look at it. :)

Have fun!

-Kat

6. Joe_

Joe_ Member

Thank you, I appreciate it.