Brainstorm!! - need a good blog name! Please help :)

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by barcelonic, Feb 8, 2013.

1. barcelonic

barcelonic Member

I can't help but feel I'm being unfairly misrepresented here.

I have posted FIFTEEN names and I'm just looking for a little feedback, which thankfully some people have been happy to give (eg, Greg thanks :) )
    I would expect more senior members to perhaps be more accomodating and opt not to post at all rather than make such comments.

Further, I get the distinct impression that if I am indecisive I am somehow beyond help? Is this the case or am I now misrepresenting?
    I already explained how my indecision is intermittent and a symptom of a wider medical condition. There are certain times of the day when I don't have the 'brain fog' and can think perfectly clearly - unfortunately we're only talking a couple of hours a day, as said, provided it's daytime and I'm not asleep.

Anyways, I don't have much time for explaining my disease to anyone or any jokes at my expense, but I do sincerely thank those who offered their thoughts and advice! :) :)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The serious feedback is this: You're a writer. Specifically, you are a writer of a blog which is founded upon reason and evaluating alternatives.

A writer should always rely primarily on his or her own creativity and reasoning to come up with storylines, conflicts, premises, - and most basic of all, names. We would not be doing you any favors by encouraging you to fall back on others, especially for the simplest decisions.

You have two decisions, and only you can make them. The domain name can be somewhat more vague, because you could at some point alter the focus of your blog somewhat. The blog title you could change at will with no restrictions, other than a desire not to confuse subscribers.

3. tionA

tionA Active Member

TheBarcelonic.com?

4. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

This one.

And don't worry about the other posts too much, regardless of the apparent negativity. They are trying to be helpful by expressing their opinions about the need to ask for advice. Some people here think it's a good thing, others don't.

For my 2 cents there's nothing wrong with asking for feedback in a forum where people can decide if they reply or not.

5. Em_Anders

Em_Anders Member

I like this one. I think this should be in the list of possibilities.

6. captain kate

captain kate Senior Member

Unfortunately, there are reasons why people, including myself have issues with being asked stuff a writer needs to decide themselves. Writing IS a solitary endeavor for a reason...

7. Selbbin

Yet here we are on a forum.

8. barcelonic

barcelonic Member

Thanks tionA and Em
    Lol i'm a little skeptical about using that actually lol but it is worth reconsidering for sure.
    My other online alias is redpill243 and i tried to think of a good domain using that which hadn't already been taken.

Thaks for that Selbbin, thats how i feel also. I mean we aren't all rivals here and even if we were the purpose of a forum like this should be to bounce ideas off one another and give one another some advice and feedback. Also, if i were an established writer i would come here to offer career tips as well.

I actually didn't use this forum in quite a while after the last time i asked for advice here, because of the negative reaction so i know what you mean.
    Ultimately though I assume the naysayers in this thread likely have friends and/or colleagues in real life they can converse with. I am stuck on a sofa all day and I dont have anyone for that so I come online.

It can only take one or two to turn me away from using a forum so I'm glad to hear there are some likeminded people on here also.

PS. To get on-topic lol.....

I fear not enough people know what the oracle is, but I only know one person to ask. Do you think the word Oracle is wellknown enough? I personally really like this name but if people don't know what the oracle is then the name's kinda meaningless. What would your thoughts be on this?
    Thanks again :)

9. Carthonn

Carthonn Active Member

The problem I'm having is you're focused on something so petty I'm having doubts that your content will have any depth.

I have an idea!

Your first article: What is a name?

10. Lunatia

Lunatia New Member

I think it's irrelevant whether his blog will be as deep as the sun or as shallow as a cereal bowl. It's not the topic. :)

I vote for depuppetized.com, barcelonic. And best of luck.

11. Typo

Typo New Member

whatcamefirst_theblogger_or_theblog.com

12. barcelonic

barcelonic Member

Lol i like that one haha :)

Thanks Lunatia :)

Whilst I appreciate your concern, surely that's for me to be worrying about, yes?
    I'm quite sure you're life will remain unaffected if I put out trash, so you can smile & relax now :)

13. Selbbin

So you say, but I'll still keep building my bomb-shelter anyway, just in case...