1. Illandrius

Illandrius Member

Brand new writer in indianapolis, in!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Illandrius, Sep 20, 2015.

Hey everyone,

I am a brand new writer with very little experience. I live in Indianapolis, IN, USA. I love my home here. I am surrounded by my family, which is one of the most important things in my life. I am a big homebody. I am 27 and the other night i was on my couch with a cup of hot tea and a book, it is definitely the way I prefer to spend my time.
    I am a brand new writer. I started a new job recently and was able to read a lot in the down time. I prefer fantasy novels and some science fiction. I was reading books and I started formulating an idea for a book in my mind. Really to be honest I didn't start with the book but with characters. I created a character who will be the main character in my novel and based it off of myself, or myself as a fantasy character. After I finished that first character 5 more characters came pouring out. I then came up with the idea of a plot. That is where I am now. I do not have a good support system for my writing. None of my friends are big fantasy buffs or really creative. That's how i came to locate this forum. It would be great to locate some people, future friends, that I would be able to bounce ideas back and forth and help us all grow as writers.
    That's the basis of who I am. I am a guy that has an idea.

Thanks for reading. Happy Writing.

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Welcome! I think a lot of us are in the same boat; not having a real-life support system for writing. I certainly am. You'll find a lot of help and support here. :)

3. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

Yep, many of us are a lot like you! My family supports me writing, but they definitely don't get or like fantasy and don't know why I spend half my time writing fantasy stuff. It can be hard. But this is a great place to come for help and sympathy. What are your favorite fantasy novels/series?

4. Illandrius

Illandrius Member

TBH I haven't read that many. I read Harry Potter of course. The Inheritance series. Lord of the Rings. I'm currently reading both The Magicians Trilogy and A Song of Fire and Ice. Off the top of my head that's it. I am always looking for more series to read.

5. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Welcome, plenty of great writers here to help on your journey.

6. Illandrius

Illandrius Member

Thanks you. That's my hope :)

7. Illandrius

Illandrius Member

That's really good to hear because I am as new as they come :)