1. Branwyn

Branwyn New Member

Help with Research

Discussion in 'Research' started by Branwyn, Aug 17, 2012.

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum to ask this question and if not, my apologies.

Does anyone have any good websites where I can get quality information on ancient witchcraft, occult practices, demons, gods/goddesses, etc? I'm mostly interested in legends from the British Isles & Scandinavia but any starting point will do. I've been looking around and I can't quite find what I'm looking for.

If anyone has any books they can recommend I'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks!

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

creative googling should turn up what you need...

3. greenduckish

greenduckish New Member

"Folktales of the British Isles" by Kevin Crossley is an interesting read. The Pantheon Fairy Tales and Folklore Library has quite a few of these kinds of books, for many countries. I'd suggest checking those out.

Also, I found this interesting site, it's mostly based on Changelings, but those are kind of like demons, right ^^

Finally, this research site on witchcraft is legit, and I think it might be vaguely helpful for you.

But Maia is right, I found the two links on the first page of google, looking up 'English Ancient Witchcraft' and 'British Isle Folk Lore'
    If you use variations of what you want I'm sure you could find everything you need on the first page of google.

I wish you luck :love:

4. Branwyn

Branwyn New Member

Thank you! I had been googling buy I wasn't finding what I was looking for. I'll keep at it. :)

5. sharonwagoner

sharonwagoner New Member

Have you heard of the Kalevala? It is Finnish oral myth.