1. Hop

Hop New Member

Call me Hop

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hop, Nov 21, 2014.

Hello hello, I am Hop full name Vikiro Hop.
    I joined to lurk about and try and get insight on writing in general. I am beginning my journey into writing and have accumulated quite a bit in the way of rough drafts, but nothing I am particular proud of. My constant self editing seems to put a damper on this as does my unfortunate habit of drinking while writing, despite that I hope to some day come up with a semi coherent piece of fiction for people to enjoy. This forum seems to teem with good vibes and helpful information. I'm no stranger to rough language and awful internet short hand, but as I read in the quick start I will try to practice moderation.
    I'm not sure how likely it will be that I will share too much in the workshop outside of odd bits of poetry, though I am glad I will have the opportunity eventually. I look forward to trying my hand at various critiques despite being no expert I hope I can help.
    At the risk of making a long winded introduction that much more I will ask you to view my about for the particulars of my interests.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum. We have a number of very nice poets here. I think you'll fit right in.

Hop likes this.
  3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! :) We aren't one of the most PC forums in the sense that we try to allow members to use language freely as long as no one is directly insulted or attacked. If there's profanity in your future workshop posts or contest entries, it's a good idea to mention it e.g. in the topic line or at the beginning of the entry. :)

Good to hear you already checked our New Member Guide !

Have fun!

-Kat

Hop likes this.
  4. frinkprofessor

frinkprofessor New Member

I write while I drink too from time to time. Sometimes it's brilliant, other times it's just a mess, haha.

Hop likes this.
  5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the forums.

6. Savila93

Savila93 Member

hello

Hop likes this.