1. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

Calling all Elementals!

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Seraph751, Apr 8, 2017.

The goal is pick an element and have an unusual but practical application.

Ex: Water is great for sneaking through the corridors at night to get out of the castle. I get my free time and the maids assigned to my living quarters are always on the house keepers good side. Win win.

zoupskim likes this.
  2. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Flesh. :D

All life would be mine to control, reshape, and remake. Grasping, twisting, contorting and spasming, I would live as a warp of fluid life, gristle and fat, merging eternal. I would use this power over the physical manifestation of life to tear down the numberless droves of humanity that wander alone, chasing false dreams, and faux pleasure among the disjointed nations of the Earth. Individuality, greed, and pain would purge themselves away as I remade mankind in an image of pure, solid, massive gore.

The disconnected fragments of human waste would finally unite in perfect, glorious harmony, under my throbbing will, and for the first time in our existence, we would be one.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    truthbeckons and rktho like this.
  3. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

[dials asylum]

zoupskim likes this.
  4. PilotMobius

PilotMobius Active Member

That's the grey goo scenario.

zoupskim likes this.
  5. Apollypopping

Apollypopping Member

Sign me UP.

zoupskim likes this.
  6. Orihalcon

Orihalcon Senior Member

It was customary of all children of a tiny leafy village to play the wind instrument they had inherited when spring festival approached. They would all practice on their flutes and recorders and ocarinas. Ola, however, couldn't play, because her fingers didn't really work. She could hold her little wooden tube up while she pressed it against her lips but she couldn't use her fingers to cover all those holes. And Ola sang horribly so she refused to use the instrument she was born with!

But Ola was an observant and curious child. When everyone had gone to bed, and the quiet fell over the village, the wind would dance gently and whisper softly. And Ola, who hadn't spent all day tiring her ears from practicing on her woodwind, could hear the wind sing. She would often stay up and listen to the creative tunes that the wind conjured. Sometimes she went outside and danced to a little wind minuet. She became friends with the wind.

One day, the wind whispered to her. It asked why she didn't play at the festival. She said her fingers didn't work and that her voice sounded too coarse and grainy to sing with. The wind decided that once a day, whenever she wanted to, she could blow on her woodwind and the wind would go in and out of the various holes of the instrument and push the air she blew in other directions, and together they would make music. All she needed to do was to control how hard she blew air.

So Ola and the wind sat and practiced and once a day Ola played tunes that no one else could play.