1. Vintage

Vintage New Member

Calling all Londoners!

Discussion in 'Research' started by Vintage, Jan 11, 2011.

Hello. I am in the process of writing something where the MC and another character moves from Oxford Street to Biggin Hill during the start of a military lockdown, because they hope that the military will forcus mainly on the central city. I have two questions:

1. How long would this approximately take? On foot and by car. Tube rides are not an option.

2. What does it look like around there? The images I could find show tiny villages and scattered farms. Is this correct?

2. KrisG

KrisG New Member

I havn't a clue, but is there no way you could use google maps? You walk walk around streets using it now.. And use it to find the distance, and time it takes to get there aswell. Albeit, by car, not by foot.

3. Vintage

Vintage New Member

That's true. I will try that suggestion, though Google Maps scares me a little after it suggested that the best way to get from Japan to China was jet skiing, and the huge craters found near Area 51.

4. KrisG

KrisG New Member

Haha! I've seen that myself actually, well, apart from the craters near Area 51! Interesting!
    I've used google maps before, can walk around my street, strange, but it seems accurate enough. Maybe somebody here can confirm the details for you though! Fingers crossed :)