1. mawnstrz

mawnstrz New Member

Everyone needs a hobby

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mawnstrz, Jul 20, 2017.

I've been told by numerous sources that I should take up writing, or even more-so, I've been mistaken as a writer - though I suppose the definition of a writer is somewhat flexible within certain communities. Some figure you aren't allowed the title unless you're a paid writer, though others would provide a counterpoint by exclaiming that the sheer act of writing qualifies. Either way, I enjoy hobbies. I'm most certainly not averse to navigating through several hobbies, though the argument stands that to truly become outstanding in one category, you should devote your time to that and that alone. Personally, I feel as though life is too short and to do so would rob you of potential knowledge, friendships, and creative expression.

Anyway, I didn't come here to preach...name's Zach. When I'm not writing my pie-chart is segmented by wrestling, video games, and D&D.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome, welcome! :)

I think how you approach it and the names, titles, styles, whatever, that one chooses to auto-describe really are up to the individual. I can only live my own life, so how I define it is up to me. ;) You'll find the full range here, from casual hobbyists, to paid professionals and everywhere in between.

You'll have received a PM from me upon joining that contains the answers to most of the more common questions asked about our location.

Have fun.

Wrey :supercool: