Tags:
  1. Beloved of Assur

Beloved of Assur Active Member

Question Can I delete my account?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Beloved of Assur, Nov 5, 2019.

I've realized that I'll never get where I want to go with my writing and thus should probably stop kicking myself and let go of it. From this I wonder it it would be possible to delete my account on this site?

Rockatansky and Tralala like this.
  2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Mod hat on here: I'm afraid not. Our Forum Rules make this very clear:

It is perfectly possible, though, to just walk away and stop participating at any time. People will eventually not see your name on any current threads, so you will disappear, in effect. You haven't revealed your real name, so nobody will be the wiser. And, of course, this also means you can come back, if you change your mind. :) I hope you find whatever you're looking for that will make you feel creatively fulfilled, even if it's not writing. And I do hope, if you do decide to try writing again, that you do come back. You will be totally welcome, no questions asked.

Best of luck and good wishes, whatever you decide to do.

Jan

Rockatansky and Tralala like this.
  3. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Far be it for me to preach, but even if you feel you won't get to the heights you aspire to, (and that's sure not a certainty - like everything else, it's about practice, the whole 10,000 hours thing), you can still enjoy writing as a worthwhile hobby. I think there are few other hobbies that expand the mind as much.

4. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I realised the exact same thing a couple of years ago, so now I just hang around like a bad smell and talk crap. About 90% of my posts are now totally unrelated to literature.

And not that I'd ever encourage 'giving up' (whatever that might mean) but it does come with a great feeling of liberation once you can stop beating yourself up.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    jannert and Rockatansky like this.
  5. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

I prefer the have fun with it approach. I'm not particularly trying for a writing career, but would welcome one if it arose and if I actually got to some level of decency.

As with all things, if you try too hard with it, it becomes unnatural and unwieldy. Maybe just letting the account and goals go for a while isn't a bad idea. I did it when I came to the same conclusion a decade ago. But here now, I have returned after the hiatus, reinvigorated.

If you aren't enjoying writing, then stop. It's a difficult realm to put all your chips down in. That's why I only play a little bit at a time.

6. Beloved of Assur

Beloved of Assur Active Member

I am very sorry to hear that it can't be deleted. But oh well.