1. James Robinson

James Robinson New Member

The Black Man's Answer: A Common Man's Perspective on the Black Struggle

Discussion in 'Blurb Critique' started by James Robinson, Jun 26, 2020.

"The Black Man's Answer", is a personal spiritual and reflective journey through the eyes of an African American male who has witnessed, and questioned the social inequities that came together to become his life. This book enables those inside, or outside of the culture to experience what it means to be self-aware of the short comings of themselves and their people, as well as offering potential solutions to correct or improve the situation so that the cycles aren't repeated for future generations to come. It covers a variety of topics such as love, religion, spirituality, economics, patriotism, health, family, and communication to name a few. This book was written without the help of any official experts as the author holds no formal education on any of the topics mentioned. The situations were conveyed from the standpoint of an average brother in America who is trying to find his identity and in the process was led to contemplate the salvation of his people as well. The message is relayed this way intentionally in order to meet the reader on a more natural level. All accounts mentioned in this book are taken from real life experiences that the author has endured during his life.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I'm kind of like.. so what ? Not so what to the book, but why are you telling us this ?

Are you asking for feedback on this blurb ? If so it's far too long and wooly, and there's no hook to make the potential reader go on reading, remember that on amazon only the first three lines of a description show unless the buyer clicks read more... i'd also be inclined to lose the line about being a non expert since that will put buyers off
    ---

Have you ever wished for a book to help you understand the Black American experience ?

The Black Man's Answer", is that book. a personal spiritual and reflective journey through the eyes of an average brother, who has witnessed, and questioned the social inequities that make up his life, this book will enable you to experience what it means to be self-aware of the short comings of your culture.

It also as offers potential solutions to correct or improve the situation so that the cycles aren't repeated for future generations to come.

Covering my experience of love, religion, spirituality, economics, patriotism, health, family, and communication, all accounts mentioned in this book are the real life experiences I have endured.
    ---
    If i've misunderstood and you were merely advertising your book - we don't do that here

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Xoic, jannert and Iain Aschendale like this.