1. rasmanisar

rasmanisar Active Member

Of the rock I asked for the moon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rasmanisar, Mar 4, 2015.

A brilliant short film combining combining poetry and rock climbing. It is especially poignant from around the 10:15 mark. Enjoy!

2. Boger

Boger Senior Member

I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of falling down.

3. rasmanisar

rasmanisar Active Member

Ahh, that's what they all say ;) I always think as thus; People aren't afraid of heights, they're afraid of consequences.

4. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Community Volunteer

Poetry, rock climbing, and kittehs. What more could one ask?

rasmanisar likes this.
  5. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

I'm not even afraid of heights. I'll go up on the highest ledge, but if there's a risk of falling (aka someone's shoving me "playfully") I can't stand it.

I think it stems from when I was little, my Mum used to drive down boat ramps so the front of the truck nearly touches the river and I was terrified of falling in. Otherwise, I'd probably be fearless.

6. Tim3232

Tim3232 Active Member

I've made a couple of parachute jumps. I squeezed into a small plane and knelt down while the other 3 jumped. After each jump the pilot circles back. At my turn I had to edge forward and to the door, reach a foot out onto a small platform above a wheel. Reach for a bar under the wing. Get my other foot onto the platform and other hand onto the bar. Stretch into a sort of star jump position with 1 leg now 'free' - then jump.
    It's amazing how much you concentrate on moving out onto the platform - when you really don't want to fall.
    Can't see how she is hanging on. Must have terrific finger strength.

Nicoel likes this.