1. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Cancer Survivors

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shreyass, Jan 5, 2008.

Right, I've been diagnosed with testicular cancer, Stage Four. Its spread to te lungs, and a tiny tumour has sprung up in the brain. Thankfully, if oyu can call me lucky, I seem to have got the cancer that is the most curable. My prognosis as of now is above 95 %, and I've already applied to Colleges and stuff.

And this is definitely not stopping me writing my novel, 'A Tale of War', I'm going to submit it for the Advanced Review Process once I'm done, got about 10-15000 words more to go, done about 16000 so far.

So, let this be the thread for all Cancer patients, and people who want to know more about it, or contribute in generally any way.

Shreyass

2. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Wow. Good to hear that you aren't letting this get you down. I wish you the best of luck and this is a good thread.

~Doz.

3. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Yeah well, I'm sitting in the hospital all day for quite some time, so I thougt I might as well start a meaningful thread while I'm at it.

4. CharlieTheUnicorn13

CharlieTheUnicorn13 New Member

Somewhere in this universe... Is there some reason
    I'm so sorry to hear that--you're handling it pretty well. When my grandpa was diagnosed, he was really depressed, but you seem to be okay with it. Well, I hope things go well for you.

5. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Make that 17200 words, I've just finished the Pearl Harbour Chapter, extremely proud of it, will be posting it up soon.

6. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I am sorry to hear about your cancer, Shreyass, and I am proud that you are keeping strong and not letting it be the end of everything. My granddad is battling cancer at the moment so it has touched out family a few times but I cannot begin to understand how it feels. I know you don't need me to tell you this but keep fighting and I hope your novel goes well. :)
    Heather

7. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    At least the long boring hours at the hospital should be good for your writing.
    Good luck with the fight ahead.

8. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

Just your positive attitude will take you a long way.

I'm 8 years cancer free after a battle with breast cancer. Never give up, and if you have chemo and radiation therapy, peppermint and gingerroot tea does wonders for the nausea.

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I am glad the prognosis is favorable. And writing should help you distract yourself too.

10. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

that's a helluva way to get writing time, fella! ;-(

seriously, i'm glad you're looking at the bright side, shrey... it's been proven time and again, that having a positive attitude greatly affects recovery and even cures...

love and healing hugs, maia

11. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Thanks all. Hospital does get boring, but the writing helps a lot, and this forum as well.

12. Klee

Klee New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer, but I'm glad that you're being optimistic about it. My mother's side of the family has a long history of cancer, so it could be probably that I could suffer of it as well unless I take care of myself.

Good luck with your novel~

13. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Regular checkups are the key...don't ignore any tumours, I did that for a bit, but its a good cancer, if there's such a thing....and thanks, will continue working on that novel.