1. Acidz

Acidz New Member

Can't live a life derived from your own fruit?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Acidz, Aug 29, 2011.

I had no idea really where to start posting... So I found this section to have the most random threads than any other. I noticed theres two threads, one happy and one not so happy thread, that I found interesting but the things I process within my mind are not always so easily categorized I'm one of those that seek an answer in everything I have to question everything!, and analyze constantly even myself... but thats another story. My point here is starting this thread to share some of my random thoughts... and so encourage others to share their random stuff. I'm open minded and I don't judge although we are all hypocrites, but some are just deeper in the misleading truth of the lie they live, not saying I'm better then others just saying... haha I'm so broken inside. Another thing please question me, I would describe some of my writings and over time I will write about my history, also I have a few lyrics I wrote would love to post them but I have to gain some level before I can, until then :p I start off by sharing my oldest.

This came to me while dreaming in this reality, whilst dwelling plains in the other...

2. art

art Contributor Contributor

I hate to break it to you: you are, very likely, a teenager.
    I don't think anybody here feels that their inner-life can be so readily, so neatly categorised, but for the sake of convenience and for the sake of not wanting to appear unduly egotistical by starting a new thread when they have something to share, folk will post, say in the "Happiness Thread", when they are feeling: really rather proud of themselves; confused but in love baby; all of a sudden, moved by the possibilities of life; strangely ebullient though they can't quite put my finger on why; not happy, but hopeful that their posting in the happy thread will make them less unhappy (profound psychologists these) etc etc

3. Clumsywordsmith

Clumsywordsmith Active Member

Half a moment, which reality is which now? But yes. I think I get the gist of what you're saying and not saying all in the same moment, all whilst existing with you on the same level even if neither of us really happen to exist anywhere at all.

Yet what is it that tears the soul apart? If it is time that destroys the body and mind, and the soul is something beyond that entirely...

To be immortal with no soul, or mortal with a soul. Which would you take?

Pssh, he's not trying to rewrite or overwrite the other threads, he's just bored and wishes to be random.

4. art

Boredom is not the exclusive preserve of teenagers, I imagine.

5. Clumsywordsmith

So the real crux of the issue is: you dislike the thread because it hints too much of youthful questioning and lack of understanding, and thus has no bearing upon your own wealth of experience. And while it can be tempting to repeatedly close the door on others because of a real or perceived gap between their thoughts and reality -- whether due to anything from naivety to sheer stupidity -- it begs the question... what's the point?

You can proceed to beat someone with the facts until they're battered to a pulp, but they're still not going to be any closer to understanding anything until they are allowed to figure it out for themselves.

1 person likes this.
  6. art

Or perhaps better put: I like the thread; like the cut of Acidz's jib; and have managed to beguile the time a little and prompt further discussion.

7. Clumsywordsmith

In lieu of defeat, I concede to a massive case of reading between the lines that weren't even there, considering the one-lined nature of your post.

Sarcasm without the tags? A direct gripe? No. None of the above. Sometimes I do need to be more literal in terms of interpretation.

8. Acidz

Acidz New Member

Now, to call oneself Art I find it weird not to take a belief in those being different than the same old, used to doing the same thing each and everyday??

The meaning for this thread was out of total randomness, Reason for those that feel they could say something totally different than the same old things people say everyday the things most only use to fool them self making and convincing them self to belief in something the world shows them.

To explain the previous post about
    It's about Humans that act like sheep taking all the s**t everyday, being controlled by the flesh, freewill? God? satan? money?... And most never say a word against it they all just follow...

PS. I'm not a teenager I'm past that stage long time ago. I'm only here to speak my mind...

9. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Okay, I have absolutely no idea what this thread is about; I can't decide if it's discussion about the meaning of life or what. I just came to answer one thing.

I prefer to be a mortal with a soul as...that's what we all are anyway, right?

10. Acidz

Acidz New Member

Good point haha... No this thread was originally about random things that pop up within your mind... and sayings, quotes you came up with, things you feel in life things that you think of.... so basically any random piece of writing that the most won't understand something with a deeper meaning to it all...

And yea its a difficult question but to keep it simple I'll say mortal, because I know what I'm capable of doing within myself and the things around me.

PS. Things like this.

11. Clumsywordsmith

Oh, I understood the sheep comment perfectly. But my question was, in essence, how different are you really from the sheep? How different can you really be? A sheep in wolf's clothing at best, but a sheep inside all the same. I offered the proposal of living a life apart: an immortal human with no soul, who thus is not degraded by conscience or even the merest thought of an afterlife. One who, at the end of this world, will simply cease to be. One who can live life without a single one of the fears that makes us all sheep...

Yet to do so, one must lose a soul in the process. You already seem to have admitted that it's not worth the trade. I, in all honesty, find the offer rather tempting. For several reasons. Chief amongst them being that those things I currently hold dear in life -- both animate and inanimate -- will not be following me into any afterlife (if, for that matter, one does exist); consequently, I lose nothing in such a trade.

12. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what the heck is that supposed to mean?

13. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I'm actually amazed this thread is still around.

14. Acidz

Acidz New Member

:) The idea or thought came to me while in church, I was listening to the bloke preaching to us, about giving out your fruit or growing good fruit so that other people can see the good in you... This quote from another site...

found here http://www.ucg.org/christian-living/bearing-fruit-crucial-part-spiritual-growth/

Now back to the saying... " You can't live a life derived from your own fruit? " meaning you grow fruit and you can't live from it you grow so others can see the way and then live from your fruit... so finally people help each other you grow for them and they grow for you... But now question! what if you grow and those around you don't; what then ?

PS. keep in mind this is not a debate about religion or anything about it... Its just open minded thinking, we all have questions and thoughts about everything... So keep it clean I don't wane start crap here or anything like that the main idea was to be random and keep it strange and deep. Like I said its all about random quotes you came up with or thoughts and sayings.

15. Clumsywordsmith

What's to say the fruit is at all dependent upon those people in your immediate area? By your definition of the word, everytime I read a book or hear something on the radio or look at a painting I am, essentially, consuming someone else's fruit.

But to answer the original question of the thread: no, it's not possible to live entirely of your own fruit. You would be a perpetual motion machine, of sorts. Not to mention that every thought, feeling or burst of inspiration that you experience is built upon something you cannot claim as your own.