1. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Any cryptocurrency investors/day-traders here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daniel, Mar 17, 2014.

I've been following bitcoin for a while, but I've recently began learning about other crypto-currencies. I started doing a few investments and a little day-trading starting a weeks ago and I've realized there's good returns to be made.

Anyone else involved in cryptos and cypto-trading? I'd love to discuss strategies.

2. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Senior Member

I'm studying the markets right now. Funny coincidence, I didn't expect to see a thread about it here.

I'm currently paper trading (fake money), mostly Forex and commodities, my usual trades are GBP/JPY, GBP/USD, natural gas and even tried oil. The market is now ripe for metals trading due to all the Russia-Ukraine hassle.

I am still studying strategies, I'm looking for some good books.

3. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Ahh, real markets, eh? So you're tracking your fake trades to learn about the process? Do you use software? Are there exchanges that allow you to make those trades online, small-scale?

I haven't touched those markets, right now I'm doing exclusively crypto-currencies - though I've heard it's basically the same thing, except unregulated. I'm actually working on a new website related to this. It's still in development/pre-launch, but if you're interested I'd love to get some thoughts on what topics I should cover and how to improve the site.

I have no books to suggest, but let me know if you find anything worthwhile.

Surely someone else out there is into cryptocurrency trading and investing? Bitcoin at least?

4. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Senior Member

There are some on-line brokers and trading platform softwares that allow mini and micro trading, and since I'm not trying to make a living out of trading that's what I'm going for.
    By trading with fake money I can study various strategies without having to worry about my investment, the problem is that most trading platforms make you start with a balance of 20k£ (£ in my case) and some go over 100k, so it's not a very realistic sum for the average day trader.
    But you can just loose money on purpose until you are where you want to be.

A website about it would be a great thing since most websites about it are just about ego and chest pounding, with the usual "I make millions every week" routine.
    What a beginner really needs is solid advice on where to start, that would mean a list with detailed reviews of on-line brokers, trading platforms and such. Those things can be pretty scary.
    Then I guess you could have a small theory lessons section, covering charts, Japanese candlesticks, trends, and so on.
    Commenting relations between markets and world events can be interesting too.

One guy I found who is really solid is one Samuel Morton, check his blog out, he's even got some really useful free lessons (he's based in England though, so the software he talks about wouldn't probably be good for you).

I lack the required experience to contribute to your site, but I'd love to check it out when you're ready.