1. Vaughan Quincey

Vaughan Quincey Active Member

Currently Reading::
    JG Ballard - Concrete Island

Change email address not working

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Vaughan Quincey, Sep 12, 2021.

Hello everyone, I'm back after a long absence. It has been a mad year, so I'm grateful you are still around.

Ok, so here is the issue - I've decided to change my email provider and this means to update my Info here.

So far my new provider is working well, however as I decided to update my email on this forum, I did not received the Confirmation Mail I need to 're-confirm' my account again.

Yes, I know email systems are not working with quantum computers yet, but with conventional computers and conventional internet infrastructure - In other words, I am well aware it won't be 'instantaneous', but after giving two generous hours, the expected email still had not arrived.

Yes, I looked at the 'Spam' folder - Nothing there.

Yes, I wrote the right actual email address.

Yes, I clicked on 'Resend email' at least three times, after proving I'm human.

Yes, I am not under the influence of any narcotics, legal or illegal, except a bit of caffeine.

I suspect either your forum has blacklisted my provider, or my provider's spam filter has blacklisted you.

No, I won't have the nerve to request from you a full list with all email providers you have blacklisted (I won't insult your intelligence), but at least, can some of you guys PM me so I don't have to write down here whom I'm trusting my emails with, plain for all the lurking trolls to see?

I had to temporarily downgrade to a nefarious email provider so I'm able to type this email.

Regards

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

we don't blacklist emails or email providers... our black list system works on IPs... that said the spam filter we use does block users based on using email addreses (not providers) that have spam associated with them but there's no sign in the back end of your new email ( I can see both accounts in the change log) being picked up by the spam filter.

i suspect theres some sort of ghost in the machine with sending confirmation emails because this has come up before... but unfortunately those are driven from an area of the back end only daniel has access to and we haven't seen him for months.

the best i can do is to change your account to your new email and then manually set your account to valid so that a confirmation isnt necessary

3. Vaughan Quincey

Vaughan Quincey Active Member

Currently Reading::
    JG Ballard - Concrete Island
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    Sorry to hear Daniel is kind of MIA. Hope the guy is ok.

The workaround you suggest is fine by me - I'll change it back to my 'good' email address now.

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Okay thats set to Valid - it might take a little while for the forum software to update... let me know using the contact us if you still can't post