Novel Chapters

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Pink-Angel-1992, Feb 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. koal4e

koal4e New Member

I got a welcome message with links in it, including a read the rule link (not in bold). It may be worth putting a few of the main rules in the actual welcome message, I read the message but not the rules (I fell fowl with that one on outbound links!).

To the OP, personally I dont care either way....if its numbered fine I read on, if its named I may read the chapter name or I may not and simply read on. To me its about the content, whether its numbered or named it wont make that much of a difference to the reader, they are there for the story.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Same answer, just because it's posted in the intro thread, doesn't mean it gets read. We have plenty of evidence that those posts are skimmed or ignored by many because they are "form letters"

As the saying goes, "You can lead a jackass to water, but you can't make him think." Or something like that. If I could stand next to every new member with a bullhorn, many would only hear, "Welcome to the Creative Wring Forums blah blah blah. Have fun!"

People hear what they want to hear, by and large.

3. koal4e

koal4e New Member

Lol ...did I somehow get called a Jackass in that post :p your right though, many people do tend to come along and not read whats in front of them, they simply want to get on and make posts...some learn (I hope Im one) and others ignore and cause themselves hardship. The thought of you with a bullhorn near my ears made my eyes water!

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

No, you did not. :)

5. koal4e

koal4e New Member

I know, only messing...its the devil in me that tries to come out now and then! :cool: