Character Bar (Explicit, 18+)

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Commandante Lemming, May 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Amy: Hey, that's what happens when you take therapy for a few years: you learn the lingo. Yeah, I can classify my symptoms into "Intrusion," "Numbness and Avoidance," and "Arousal" symptoms, but that doesn't change the human story that those symptoms are describing. For about the first year of so after I was raped to within an inch of my life at 15, accused by my entire community of having asked for it, and ran away from home, my life was constant, overwhelming terror. I was jumping at shadows, waking up screaming, and anytime somebody bumped into me, I'd think I was about to have a panic attack, and a lot of the time I did. You can't see, you can't breathe, you can't feel the ground, you can't pull the chains out of your chest that are crushing your heart and lungs to a bloody pulp ... Oh, fuck. Twenty-seven, fifty-seven, ninety-seven, twelve. Thirty-seven, fifty-seven, twenty-seven, five.

OK, OK. That has to be the worst part: not just getting panic attacks because you think you're about to get raped again, but also getting panic attacks just because you're worried you're about to get a panic attack again. And it's not just panicking when you think you're in more danger than you really are, it's also panicking when you know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that you're not in any danger whatso-fucking-ever, but you still can't stop yourself from paralyzing as your lizard-brain goes into overdrive.

Now let's look at the opposite: when you're not exploding in a firestorm of primal terror, you're crippled by the feeling that you're breathing solid rock all day. You don't want to walk, you don't want to eat, you don't even feel like you're living inside your own body anymore. You don't want to do anything, you don't even want to want to do anything.

I spent the first year on my own living with constant overwhelming terror and occasional overwhelming emptiness. Next four years after that? Exactly the opposite: dominated by overwhelming emptiness, punctuated by occasional overwhelming terror.

Then I discovered serial murder. PTSD is about powerlessness, and showing my rapist what it had felt like for me had made me feel a little less powerless, so after being homeless for a while, I decided to take it a step further. Beating random guys senseless and cutting them open never cured my powerlessness, but it certainly kept the worst of the nightmares at bay for about a year until I met Charlie. She gave me a job after finding me in the middle of self-medicating – my 15th project as The Richmond Ripper – and for a few months, having a friend and a stable job as her enforcer made me feel even better than murder ever did. And after I stored up enough cash, professional therapy made me feel even better than that. Burying doesn't work.

Oh, and your sister? I love my baby brother, and if I thought he was in danger, then yeah, I'd kill to keep him safe, but that doesn't mean anything, I'd kill if somebody cut in line at the gas station for a chocolate bar and if I thought I could get away with it. More importantly, I'd die to keep my brother safe.

You planning to get your sister back? If not personally, then finding somebody who can?

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Aidan : don't do that - if you piss him off he exudes big clouds of taxine gas

3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Aidan, shouting "hey tax, buddy, this royal riders thing is getting old , don't you know any other songs"

long pause

Tax from outside "Four and twenty virgins, came out of the wilderness. By the time the war was over there were four and twenty less, its balls to your partner arse against the wall....

Aidan : oh for fucks sake"

4. Commandante Lemming

Commandante Lemming Contributor Contributor

Ortlinde: Tax...I was a roadie for Jim Croce. I knew Jim Croce. Jim Croce was a friend of mine...and you are no Jim Croce.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  5. big soft moose

Tax from outside : "the emperors daughter she was there , the randy little runt, sliding down the banisters, and landing on her..."

Aidan : "TAX, ENOUGH, FFS"

Silence

Blade : we could teach him the words to "Dolores Dolores, shes mighty fine"

Dusty : "is she the one that won't go cheap"

Blade : "yep - I see your universe knows her too"

Aidan : "Please don't"

Commandante Lemming likes this.
  6. Commandante Lemming

Ortlinde: That's it. Enough with the fucking royal riders already.

*feeds quarter into Jukebox*

Cave Troll likes this.
  7. big soft moose

Dusty : after you on that there Juke

8. Simpson17866

Amy: Would you like to hear my song?
    I'm afraid it's rather long
    Of the famous on-to-Richmond double trouble

Of the half a dozen trips
    And the half a dozen slips
    And the very latest bursting of the bubble?

'Tis pretty hard to sing
    And like a round, round ring,
    'Tis a dreadful knotty puzzle to unravel -

Charlie: Wait, are you seriously about to do the whole thing?

9. big soft moose

Tax faintly from outside

"the royal...

Dusty - "that's it" , starts chainsaw

10. Simpson17866

Amy: Oh, boy, I love this plan! [takes M9 bayonet out of her pants] Can I play too?

11. big soft moose

Dusty staggers back in in a cloud of green gas, coughing vigorously "Bleurgh,, JD, Rocks "

Aidan : I did warn you bro

12. Commandante Lemming

*Ortlinde and Rossweisse catch on fire*

Ortlinde:
    How many times do I have to tell y'all not to break shit in my bar?!!!

Maha:
    Fuck yes! I've never been in a real fight before!

Rossweisse: Shut up, wonder-teen.

Maha: You shut up, bitch!

Rossweisse: Seriously kid, you do not want to walk into this.

Maha: What are you, MY MOM?!

Darit: *mumbling* Get me out of here. Get me out of here.

13. big soft moose

Aidan : throws chair through window ... don't tell me what to do, if i want to break shit, i'll fucking break shit

Dusty "Did i mention he isn't good with being told how to behave?"

14. Commandante Lemming

*Ortlinde rushes in front of Aidan at supernatural speed, her whole body engulfed in fire, changing color from yellow to blue as she heats up, eyes turning to black coals*

Ortlinde: *in an unnaturally load roar*
    SETTLE THE FUCK DOWN!

15. big soft moose

Aidan - douses Ortilde with iced water "Don't fucking tell me what to do"
    Cira - turns into a wolf then into a flaming valkyrie "Want some do you ?" (as we established with the dragon she can change into anything she can see)
    Ortho : "Is it fighting time again ?, yeah..." smashes his mace into the bar "bring it "
    Wray : "Don't make a scene he said, don't get noticed he said ... fuck it" smashes a bottle on the floor and leaps onto a table bringing himself up to Aidan's chest height

Dusty : "yeah this isn't going to end well"
    Blade : flourishes throwing knife " you said it bro ... do we join in or what
    Dusty : lets see how it works out ... if it looks like our hot tempered Irish friend is going to win, we'll go help the Valkyrie

Tax from outside " The emperor's vicar he was there, the deviant fucking swine, swinging from the chandeliers and pissin' in the wine"

16. Commandante Lemming

Ortlinde: *still burning strong, and starting to magnetically attract flower petals from the vases on the tables * Water? Are you fucking kidding me?
    Rossweisse: *grabbing Cira by the shoulder as all the dust in the room starts to gravitate toward her* Wow, nice flames - but you haven't got a clue what we're actually made of, do you? Fire is a side-effect, sweetie. I could melt your brain right now, so you probably should turn off the gas and tell your friend to simmer down.

17. big soft moose

Cira : turns into an owl and flies up into the rafters

Wray: He gets like this you can't tell him anything , its his childhood, as a slave y'know, best thing to do is stop giving him orders, he'll behave if you ask nicely but he doesn't do threats. The rest of us don't have a problem so long as you don't threaten our friend.... but you fuck with him you fuck with us all ...including tax if he ever shuts up

Tax from outside "paddy was an irish lad he came from donegal, all the lasses loved him though he only had one ball , for irish girls are girls of sense, and know that one beats none at all..."

18. Commandante Lemming

*Rosseweisse and Ortlinde return to normal form and Rossweisse storms out*

Ortlinde: Okay - Aidan, would you pretty please nicely stop fucking up my bar? Also, if you need help with your childhood issues, I'm sure Little Miss Stabbypants over there will be happy to help out. *cocks head toward Amy*

Rossweisse: *from outside*
    Now to have a chat with this tree...

19. big soft moose

Aidan : spose ... sits down grumpily

Dusty : well that was boring

Tax from outside : "Valkyries are shallow, Valkyries don't fuck....

Aidan : "He really has no sense, even for a tree" , looks at Ortilde " your sister needs to leave him alone... or things are going to get very very ugly... and thats not a threat, its a warning"

Tax: "but this ones not bad looking, so come and try your luck"

Aidan "ahh fuck me"

20. Commandante Lemming

Ortlinde: *Making a call on an iPhone* Yeah, hey girl, this might get ugly....yup...I know...Ten Four.

Rossweisse: *from outside* That's it, you wood-face schlemiel!

*Smell of Burning wood wafts in*

21. big soft moose

Tax charring gently on the outside whilst exuding huge clouds of taxine gas "I'm fire proof you silly bint, I know you're angry you've never been poked, you ought to let ortho sort you out, you'll get nothing from me but choked"

Aidan to Ortilde " he must like her - usually hes tearing them limb from limb with his mobile branches and painting his bark black with their blood by now"

22. Commandante Lemming

Ortlinde: *filing her nails* Oh no, sugar, I'm sure he's tryin'. She's just indestructible is all.

*Helmwige, a valkyrie with long blonde curls that seem to shimmer green, walks in. She is wearing a green cardigan and a prominent silver cross*

Helmwige:
    Seriously, Ross is fighting a tree? That's what you called me about?

*Ortlinde shrugs her shoulders*

Helmwige:
    That one never made sense to me. All she wanted was quiet time with her books, but one wrong word and and THAT happens.

Ortlinde: Look on the bright side, at least she didn't take up Nazism.

Helmwige: Not funny, especially coming from you.

*Ortlinde stares at the floor*

*Schwertleite enters - a valkyrie with frizzy, purple-streaked hair, hipster glasses, a plaid miniskirt, and combat boots*

Schwertleite:
    Hey-hey Orte...So what was it you said about Ross getting in a scrap with a...the fuck?.

Helmwige: Wait a minute, you aren't even IN the book!

Schwertleite: Planned sequel.

Helmwige: Wait a minute, we're bringing in characters from barely-imagined sequels to a book that hasn't been written past Act One? We have some SERIOUS continuity problems here.

Schwertleite: Do you want my help or not?

Helmwige: *sighs* Sure, let's go.

*Helmwige catches fire, unnaturally bright green, unlike the others, causing the lights to flicker and static electricity to pop through the room*

Schwertleite: *catching fire normally, time seeming to slow down as she does*
    FLAME ON!

Helmwige: "Flame on?" Are you kidding me?

Schwertleite: What? I thought it was a nice touch!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Cave Troll likes this.
  23. big soft moose

Bren enters waving way taxine fumes ..... Bren son of Branoc lord of the marshes,...

Bren looks at Blade "There's a tree reciting poetry out there while being attacked by a valkyrie. Should we act ?"

Blade: "leave it Bro, she can't hurt him, and he can't hurt her... they'll work out their differences"

Dusty : "or get a room and make little fiery saplings"

Bren : "but its a tree, reciting poetry"

Blade : "you should've been here when it was singing rude songs"

Bren : "a tree"

Blade "you get used to it, drink ?"

24. Simpson17866

Amy: Oh, oh! Can I sing?

Charlie: You describe yourself as Chaotic Evil, I think the question is "could anybody stop you?"

Amy: I just wanted you to bring up Chaotic Evilness for me.

Charlie: What.

Amy: Now my momma said, "Be a good girl, and don't ever play with knives," but I stabbed some men in Richmond, just to watch them die.

Charlie: ... That actually rhymes better than the original.

Amy: Thank you!

25. Commandante Lemming

Ortlinde: Are you fucking kidding me?

*Rumbling and punching noises from outside*

Helmwige:
    Ross, lay off! This isn't going to go anywhere!

Schwertleite: Kowabunga! Die Tree-Man!

Helmwige: Not helping, Schwerte!