Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Not Ready to Say

Not Ready to Say Active Member

Hellat: I'm confused, does this Phd have any purpose? As to the previous question posed, the answer is that that spell can be used for a multitude of purposes as it is a utility spell, one of the purposes being moving objects you can't yourself.

Cutler: It sounds useless. Something only scholars would spend their time on.

2. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Vanna: Ooh! New people! Hallo! I'm Vanna, I'm fifteen years old, and I go to St. Edith's Academy. I was brought up in the 21st century, but I was born in 1920, and 1935 is where I am now. It's where I spend my book, undercover as an ordinary schoolgirl. I'm a witch, but I only found that out last Summer. I've been here since the beginning of the thread, but my friends have been here for a while, too. Who are you? Oh, and to answer your question, Grier, I'm from Kashmir, but I grew up in Britain. We moved around a lot, so give me a place name, and I've probably lived there.

Elsie: I'm Elsie, I'm fourteen, and I'm from one of Esther's other books. There isn't any magic in it, it's essentially me just picking on people because I don't get on with my mother. My book is set in 1911, in case you were wondering. I like reading and playing with my puppy, Vina.

Henrietta: Good day, and I am Princess Maria Henrietta of Cavallia. My book is set in 1732, and it's a mystery novel. I live in the Palais d'Or with my family - since we only have one palace, that's my whole family, mother, father, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmother, and all sorts of other people. I am incredibly fond of all of them. I think a lot of people here don't like me, because attitudes to all sorts of things seem to have changed a lot between now and when their books are set. And yes, what is your book about?

Jasmine: And do you really have a horse? Oh - I'm Jasmine, and I don't have a book. I'm Vanna's friend.

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  3. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Jade: ...okay, I guess we'll talk if nobody else will. I'm Jade, I'm fourteen, and Cara and I are the protagonists of the same book. It starts the day we neet in seventh grade and ends when she finds a sixteen-year-old me with no pulse, an empty pill bottle, and a messy note. *beat* Oh, and they/them. That's an order, not a request. I do not respond to she pronouns or being called a girl.

*awkward silence*

Sapphire: Well. Anyways. I'm Sapphire. I'm sixteen.

Kathryn: Kathryn. And...same.

Sapphire: Our book covers a variety of topics. For a brief summary of me, one of the author's friends described me as the "fire-traumatized lesbian." *beat* It's a gross oversimplification, but she wasn't wrong, per se.

Kathryn: She didn't say tawagoto about me, on the other hand, so I guess I'll have to do it myself. I'm generally peaceful, unless you do something to hurt someone I care about. Then I'll have won the fight with you before you can realize anata wa okasa reta.

Sapphire: Kath, not everyone here speaks Japanese. Even I don't speak Japanese. Our author used f**king Google Translate for this. I don't even know what Google is.

Kathryn: Well, can't the other authors use that Google thingy?

Sapphire: Fair point.

4. Not Ready to Say

Hellant: You certainly are a strange lot, a bit lacking in sanity. And why would you reference such a large value? If proper introductions are in order, just as well.

My name Lord Arin Hellant, proprietor of the shifting forest and the Hellant manor and surrounding estate. I am a half breed between an alv and a human that became one of the most notorious sorcerers in the history of my world. I am currently an unknown age as I was found as a child by Cutler, I am somewhere around 25 years of age and am destined to destroy my world and any others I come across.

Now that is done, you said you were killed? Wouldn't you being alive create a contradictory statement? Many worlds wouldn't be able to handle that.

Cutler: I'm not going to introduce myself, but killing yourself and being alive aren't contradictory. I've read about people who were thought to be dead being resurrected by use of lightning. There was a imperial report I read that said someone died of asphyxiation, was subsequently struck by lightning and came back to life. They choked to death again after that, but that's not the point.

5. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Jade: I’m one of the main protagonists. The author can’t just leave me out of this. I’m not dead for another two years.

Cara: …how are you so calm about it?

Jade: *shrugs* I dunno. Maybe it’s because once we get back to our world, I’ll have no clue any of this happened. *beat* That’s actually kinda weird.

6. EstherMayRose

Vanna: I don't think they're coming back.

Jasmine: And after we all introduced ourselves so well as well!

7. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Jade: …welp, it’s just us again. Now what?

Cara: You know, I don’t think we’ve actually talked about ourselves much. I mean, there’s been a lot of discussion about our books, but we’re more than just what happens to us, right? *beat* Right?

Kathryn: Huh, you’re right. We actually haven’t said much about ourselves. Maybe we should fix that.

Isabel: So, anyone got a cliche tragic backstory for us?

*Sapphire discreetly slips away*

8. Not Ready to Say

Hellant: Tragic backstory, I might have one, but I have very little knowledge of my origins. Cutler found me in a forest one day and that's as much as people have told me.

9. The Broken Soul Project

The Broken Soul Project Active Member

Faith: Members of a resistance have no time to join something like a chat room.
    Creed: We literally sit at home right now waiting for our author to fix his shit. We have all the time in the world
    Faith: What if Luferion is running this joint
    Creed: I doubt a Christian extremist like him would even join a chat room filled with people of differing perspectives. Cassio might considering he's always on his phone.
    Cassio: Am not
    Creed: what are you doing right now
    Faith: Not talking to a demon in his head.
    Creed: At least I have someone to talk to

10. Not Ready to Say

Hellant: Resistance? I was part of a resistance once, I was the key "piece" as they called me. If you have a demon in your head, I'd happily try to remove it, though I'm not sure it would be permanent.

11. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

Kristol: Resistance! I have no time for such nonsense, only my opinions matter. Now submit to me or I will bring down the Warden of Hell himself, onto any who opposes me.

Maximus: You have to pardon, Kristol. She's usually in a pissy mood before her morning coffee.

Kristol: Ah, Coffee, Sweet, Sweet nectar of the Gods.

12. The Broken Soul Project

Creed: Not sure you'd want him removed. If he get's out everyone is in trouble. It's safer if he's inside me.

13. John-Wayne

Kristol: I can summon the Warden of Hell, he can drag your deamon back to hell for you...erh... I mean, I fear no man nor deamon, I slay all who stand in my way.

Bryndol (The Warden of Hell): I can take care of that deamon problem for you.

14. The Broken Soul Project

Author: Yeah, uh... no thanks... he does that he'll never move forward in his life, for various reasons I can't explain.
    Creed: who the fuck are you to tell me what I can or can't do.
    Author: I mean don't you like shapeshifting?

15. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Kathryn: *mutters* Kore wa mechakuchadesu.

Sapphire: Okay, this was cool and all, but I think our time is up. Water doesn't do much against a demon.

Kathryn: Sapph, there isn't a door. We're stuck here.

Sapphire: …you've got to be f**king kidding me.

16. John-Wayne

Kristol: No one holds me captive, if there is no door than we shall make one. You there, Creed is it, summon your deamon and make us a door, post haste. I have important matters of state that need my attention.

Max: Uh, Kristol, I don't think you can command anyone here.

Kristol: Of course I can, now move, Mr Creed. Chop... Chop....

17. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Oh! New people while EMR's been busy! Hallo, I'm Vanna. I'm fifteen years old, and I go to St. Edith's Academy. I'm a witch. My book is set in 1935. Who are you, and what is your book about? And don't worry, Sapphire, I've seen some horrible fights, but no-one's died. Besides, that was before the Bar opened.

Henrietta: Good morning. I'm not entirely sure demons are any more qualified to build doors than ordinary humans. And quite besides that, Kristol, you should know that I am a Princess, and if anybody does the ordering about in this room, it is me.

Vanna: Why don't you just stick to introducing yourself?

Henrietta: Very well. Princess Maria Henrietta of Cavallia at your service. I am sixteen years old and the ninth child of King Rodolpho and Queen Tryphaena of Cavallia. What else? It is 1732. Anything else that Vanna said? Oh, yes. I am a perfectly ordinary human, thank you very much.

Ophelia: As are we, thank you. We just have a few...extra talents. My name is Ophelia. I'm Vanna's friend.

Elsie: And you put her in mortal peril with your magic.

Vanna: I wouldn't say "mortal peril". Besides, all things considered, I'd say that spell did more good than harm. Why don't you just introduce yourself and your book?

Elsie: Fine. I'm Elsie Fox. I have a friend called Cecilia. I'm fourteen. It's 1911. I go to Willowdown School. I have a puppy. Happy?

18. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Jade: I think me, Cara, and Isabel are the only ones from the 21st century.

Cara: Well, not everyone's been all that open with when they come from. They could come from the f**king future for all we know.

Jade: Fair point. Well, I don't think anyone actually wants to hear from the 21st-century kids who probably shouldn't even be here.

Cara: Yeah, probably not.

19. Not Ready to Say

Hellant: If you want a door, just ask. I'd be happy to oblige, or this area we are in will do it. And as for your 21st century, it seems interesting enough, but you've only seemed to talk about its school system. What do you do? What sort of technology do you have? If you are from such a far off century, you must have advanced technology.

Cutler: You'd best answer him, his hunger for knowledge is not even close to what the libraries of our world have to offer.

20. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Jade: That’s because that was all that ever came up. Nobody ever expressed an interest in anything else…actually, nobody even really talked to us. But anyways, we now carry computers around in our pockets. We have devices that let us communicate with each other from far away at any time. Women have gotten their equal rights, and segregation's gone. We thought maybe the LGBT community would be next to get equality, but then the 2016 election happened. *beat* Did any of that make sense?

Cara: Jade, you started out alright, but then you got into equal rights and it all went downhill. *to Hellant* If you need any of that to be explained further, they can clarify what they meant.

21. John-Wayne

Note from Kristol: As always, found my own way out. Can never relie on anyone. Any ways, Chao, enjoy your limbo prison.

22. Not Ready to Say

Hellant: I think I get the picture. It seems the future is very different in some ways than my time, but similar in others. We don't carry around these computers in our pockets, but we can communicate long distances.

23. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Well, this has been very quiet. It looks like our new friends have pushed off.

Jasmine: That's a pity. I wanted to see how long it would take the two princesses to end up at loggerheads.

Vanna: Jasmine! Anyway, what's everyone doing for Christmas?

24. Not Ready to Say

Hellant: Do you mean the Winter celebrations? Normally I'd travel to meet with my parents, but I was thinking of doing something else instead.

25. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: Nothing, really. I'm a Jew.

Jade: Wait, really? Same! *they hold their hand up for a high-five*

Sapphire: *squints*

Jade: Or…not. Well, for Hanukkah, my parents and I kinda do the expected stuff--light candles, say prayers, give presents, gelt. I guess I'm lucky to be Jewish--if I celebrated Christmas, people would probably pull the "this counts for Christmas and your birthday" shit on me all the time.

Kathryn: I don't know if we've got the money for any celebration this year, but previously, it was a very extravagant thing with my family. They went all out. It might've been the only time of year when they paid much attention to me.

Cara: Well, our family doesn't go into the religious stuff, but we get a tree, and we decorate the tree, and we buy presents for each other.

Isabel: Speaking of which, what do you want?

Cara: Anything art-related is good in my book, you know that.