Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Truman (Smiles calmly at Anton, as if TRex was as common as a chair): Well, young master Mihail! That's a nice dinosaur you have there! (holds glass to salute Pyotr) I like his name. I never did give my T-Rex a name. It sure did scare the hell out of a big ol' grizzly bear attacking my rescue group, before it turned back into an Alpha. Does Pyotr protect you?

2. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Doyle: Yah, don't get it, Koshka! It's not about whether or not it's the truth, because it is. The problem is that you can't just go around pointing out the flaws of my second-in-command. Whatever, I'll let it slide this one time; because I don't know if I can actually hurt you in here. I'll just leave your tongue where it is.

Nixi: Doyle, that's disgusting!

Doyle: That's the Criminal Underworld, Nix, we've talked about this.

Gabriel: Do I have to follow you guys everywhere? Seriously, why are you picking a fight with people already? Look, Koshka, please excuse Doyle, here. He likes to sound tough and leader-like.

Nixi: May, why are you wet?

May: *Dripping wet and glaring at Gabriel* He dropped me in the ocean. And I think all of the booze in my system is gone. I guess that you're just gonna stop me from drinking anymore?

Nixi: Correct.

May: Hey Anton, Koshka, how are you two? It's been a while since we talked. And what's with the new kid, is he another one of those October kids? *sees the dinosaur* I'm not even gonna ask.

Oh, and, Doyle? Don't pick a fight with Koshka over there, he's a bit more dangerous than your average person.

3. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: The author basically forgot we existed. What'd we miss?

Violet: Well, we exist now.

Cara: wHAT THE HELL WHO ARE YOU

Ella: The characters of her newest story.

Isabel: …explain.

Charlie: You want the simple version, or the complex version?

Kathryn: For God's sake, please make it simple.

Ella: Alright, jeez. Well, Charlie and I are childhood friends, Charlie has a crush on me, I'm a lesbian, I have a crush on Violet, and I don't know how to tell Charlie that I'm never gonna reciprocate his affections.

Jade: Oh. Wow. Well, coming out's a bitch.

*murmurs of agreement from the others*

Violet: Well, this is us. We're the new characters. And I think we'd all like to know what's going on here.

Isabel: Yeah, can someone maybe explain what we missed?

4. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Mihail:*to Truman* Mister, Pyotr is my best friend! I care him, and he cares about me too! That's what friends do. You had a dinosaur too? Maybe they know each other, and are family!

Pyotr: *waves his little arm to Truman and begins to roam around the room, getting closer to Anton*

Anton: Hey, May, welcome back! Now you look way more firm than before. I would recommend in normal circumstances an extra round of beer for everyone, but... *Pyotr sniffs Anton* I mean... maybe Mihail should present himself to you too... *to Mihail* kid, the Dino had breakfast today, true?

Mihail: I don't think so, mister. He looks hungry. *to May* Auntie, I am not an October kid. I am Mihail. And he is Pyotr, my dinosaur friend. I brought him here. Do you like him? He likes you too. *smiles at May*

Anton: *to May* Mihail will be Leonid's son, some decades later. For what I know, Leonid had a quite rough life after his childhood. Lost his wife, too. He lives near my city... I didn't want to mention anything in front of him. I don't know how he would take it. *to Truman* It concerns me that in some future, someone could be so stupid for bringing dinosaurs back to life. Is that no one from your administration saw any Dino-related movie?

Koshka: *to May* Have choco-cake. Be welcome back. Do not worry about puppy bark. I do not. Mihail is a strong kid. Big heart. Listens everything. His Dino pet is okay.

Mihail:*to Koshka* Pyotr is my friend, not a pet! I wanna choco-cake too!

Koshka: Not possible. You will lunch. Leonid's orders. The big Leonid's orders.

Mihail: Boo!

*Pyotr begins to lick Anton, who tries his best to avoid it without success*

Koshka:*to Anton* Let him devour you. Be useful for once.

Iona:
    *to Isabel* I think it's complex to explain what's going on here. We have a President, a Princess, witches, some kids, a lot of warriors and assassins, I'm an Inquisitress myself, the kid Mihail has a 'Pyotr' as friend and the 'Pyotr' has a liking for Anton, our private detective. Or maybe a liking for his taste, should I say? And I presume that you have some sort of dramatic interaction in between, deprived of war, politics or life-threatening menaces?

Mihail: Hahaha! Mister Nevsky is a Popsicle for Pyotr!

Anton: *cleans some of Pyotr's saliva from his coat with face of few friends* Very funny, brat... very funny.

5. Some Guy

Truman (to Isabel, as he gets up, drags chair to wall to sit, leans back and puts feet up on corner of table): Hello, Miss Isabel and company. (to Iona): Thankfully, I'm not a president anymore, just a guy who can finally relax and have some drinks. (to Anton): The dinosaur was actually an Alpha mag-moeba, the first field prototype of it's kind. It was amazing. It was my autonomous medic, servant, and protector. (leans forward to pouting Mihail): Alpha could change into anything it needed to be to help people, 3 dogs, 9 dolls, a T-Rex, mobile surgical theater, toys, even a dragon! My favorite was a pterodactyl, it could fly me anywhere! I even wore it as a cast on my leg, after it rescued us. How's that for a friend? (leans back and smiles, then winks at Mihail.)

6. LastMindToSanity

Gabriel: Oh damn, that "Alpha" of yours is way more useful than Doc, Truman. You wanna trade?

Nixi: Be nice. Doc is a valuable member of the team.

Doyle: You know, Ella, I don't think you can make those stories any more complicated.

Nixi: Be nice! We don't know the full plot of the story. I'm sure it's more nuanced and complicated than what she described.

May: Oh, hey Sapphire. Hey, are we cool now? I don't really feel like being mad at the people here.

Nixi: Be ni- Wait, huh?

Doyle: Well damn, May's being nice. A guess pigs can fly now.

May: Mihail, as long as that thing doesn't try to eat me, I'm fine with it. Anton, I'd love that drink, but... *glares at Nixi* that's not happening right now. I'll pass on the cake, thanks. Gotta keep my body fit so I don't get weaker than Feather-Face over there. *jabs a thumb at Gabriel*

Gabriel: Guys, I've just realized something terrible. May knows way more about the room, as well as the people in it, than we do.

Nixi: So?

Gabriel: Is May technically smarter than us?

Doyle: No. No, I simply refuse to accept that. There's no way that's true. It doesn't count. It can't. I don't want to live in the reality where May is smarter than us.

May: You two wanna take this outside?

7. Andrew Alvarez

Mihail:*to Truman* Wow. Your Dinosaur can do a lot of stuff. That's, ahem...*struggles to find the word* cool! Pyotr can fly, and spits fire, and, and, eats mean people! And he can become little, like a doll. So I can carry him always with me, and to have many adventures! Had you adventures with him? That's good.

Anton:
    *to Doyle* Hey, complicated is a good word! That gives me job. Did you know that I made a nice living with my 'Cheater-buster' package of services? Now with a nice discount by promotion. You would amaze of the amount of cheaters in my city! *to May* Yeah, I know what you mean about passing it. Enough is enough, I guess. *Pyotr keeps licking his hair* Gross...

Mihail:
    *to May* Auntie, why you don't like Pyotr? He is friendly. He only eats mean people. And he is my friend, not a thing. You could hurt his feelings.

Iona: I second that. Pyotr is a sentient creature, despite his wild appearance. He saved my world from the arrival of Magoth'Aron. *to Mihail* Is Jan alright? How has he been? Does he remember his friends from Faerlond?

Mihail: Yes, he is fine. He still remembers you, and he is happy. We talk about there too! He had a lot of adventures on Farlaand.

Koshka:
    *to May* It's your loss. Choco-cake ain't wrong. Still, wisdom from experience is better. Enjoy being smarter.

Mihail: I would enjoy choco-cake!

Koshka:*stares at Mihail while chewing*

ThunderAngel likes this.
  8. LastMindToSanity

May: Your monster's fine, kid. I just don't wanna get licked like Anton over there. And, thank you, Koshka. I'm glad someone finally acknowledges my genius.

Gabriel: Y'know, Anton, I've been looking back at the past conversations and there's some conflict between how you see you and how Koshka sees you. I wanted to know why that is?

Doyle: Coming from a despicable, disreputable, down-right dastardly criminal such as myself, you should never trust someone whose business is to stick his nose into other people's affairs.

Nixi: Oh come on! You really can't talk about "trust." Remember that time when you called yourself a "criminal mastermind?" It's a wonder that I even trust you.

Doyle: Hey, you can trust me. At least with me, if something bad happens to you, it's your own fault for getting mixed up with me. But you can't trust an honest man, cause they're stupid. They try to fit everything into their idea of good morality and, more often than not, end up causing problems for everyone! Criminals are like a bomb just sitting in the open; it's your own fault for messing with us. "Good guys", however, are like landmines; you don't know if they'll hurt you, but you'll never see it coming if they do.

Gabriel: Calm down, drama-queen, I think we got your message. I'm gonna need a drink with all of this crazy stuff going on. *Looks at May* Or, maybe not.

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  9. Andrew Alvarez

Mihail: *put half-closed eyes to May* Pyotr is not a monster, he's my friend, I told you auntie.

Anton: *walking away from Pyotr and being pursued by him, answers to Gabriel* Koshka is the one with the issue! It looks like he can't stand people that tries to help other people! Probably his parents didn't give enough huggings while a baby or something like that! And the amount of money he spends in stupid luxuries is astonishing! He wouldn't help anyone unless that brings him some sort of profit, and by the other part, he doesn't have scruples to 'body-guard' people, as he call it! If you knew the things he has done, you would-

Koshka:*interrupts Anton* Helping people? You threatened that brat with a gun. That was helpful. You traumatized him. You can't control yourself enough to be helpful. Scumbag.

Anton:That's out of context! There's a whole explanation about why that happened! And you can keep that 'poor boy' comment for yourself, you enjoy to watch other people's suffering!

Koshka: Your context was cocaine withdrawal. Pussy. Never trust a sissified junkie to be reasonable. Much less if he has a gun.

Anton: Fuck you! It was not just due my withdrawal-!

Koshka
    : At least you made a service. His trauma was good to happen. That will make him a man. *to Doyle* I'm glad we coincide at least in a point. Anton is a 'good guy'. He spreads shit towards everyone. Like a baby. Suckles and drools worse than a baby. He'll eventually stick his mouth into a power outlet. Funny to watch.

Mihail:
    Why mister Nevsky has 'coconut withdrawed'? Can't he ask for a coconut for himself? Papa once brought a coconut to home, and it had juice inside!

Koshka: Anton's 'coconuts' are too expensive for him. And don't fit upon his nose.

*Mihail glares puzzled at Anton, who reddens himself in shame*

Anton: Anyway, I would like to know more about your backgrounding, Gabriel. Since you appeared recently, I don't think to know with accuracy about how you get in association with your team. Maybe that could explain a perspective of why Doyle is so self-berating, or why is he so proud of recognizing himself as a criminal. I'm sure that there's more than simple vanity about that... *Pyotr reaches him and continues licking at him* Cut the shit out, Dino! This is harassment!

Koshka: *smiles* Come on. Let him feast upon you. Do something good for once.

10. LastMindToSanity

Nixi: Doyle's not self-berating, he's just poking a bit of fun at Gabriel. You see, Gabriel used to be one of those "good guys." When he found out what Doyle was, he instantly wrote him off as no good. He used to throw around words like "despicable" and "horrible." It took a while to convince him that he has at least a little bit of morality inside of him.

Doyle: I have tons of morals; they're just different than your morals.

Gabriel: I come from a world where, as far as I can tell, it's all basically the same as The Author's reality, except things like supernatural creatures and items that can grant powers exist. I actually have a pair of gloves that can create fire if I want, but that's not what you asked. Doc picked me up because I'm the most experienced in this kind of work. You see, our goal is to hunt down our enemies and eliminate them without being noticed by the realities we are in. I am a Spirit Hunter, and spirits an special items are a secret, so hunting in secrecy is my forte. Yeah, I didn't like Doyle at first, but he's a trustworthy ally and his brain has been far more useful than any punch May could throw.

May: Hey!

Gabriel: So, if, for some reason, Doc were rendered unable to lead the team, I would take over. Like, I don't want him to die or anything, but I wouldn't be against someone incapacitating him. Heaven knows he deserves it. Anyway, Anton, why are you and Koshka together? If he's a bodyguard, does that make him your bodyguard? No, I can't buy that, he's way too abrasive with his language. He's gotta be a partner, does he help you with your cases?

11. Some Guy

Truman (Whispers to Koshka): Y'know, you could just wish something good for him to eat, and make it look and taste like choco-cake. He won't know. I won't tell. (winks)

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  12. Andrew Alvarez

Anton:*to Gabriel* Koshka, to help someone? Not in absolute. Unless it's about his family, he won't help. As far as I know, he was hired to steal evidence from me. He couldn't, because I hid it well enough, so he kicked the shit out of me. Can you believe he had the audacity of throwing me from a bridge?

Koshka: A tiny bridge.

Anton:
    It's the intention what matters!*to Gabriel* Believe me, our relationship is purely accidental! And when I say he's a bodyguard, it's an euphemism for murderer!

Koshka
    :*to Gabriel* A good job while visiting family. Got bored. I took the job. Shook Nevsky a little but didn't kill, that's obvious. Get disk. Family life can get boring. I'm bodyguard of my cousins most of time. *to Doyle* Multiple morals conflict in between. Utilitarianism is a moral by itself. Doubtful loyalties. People spot such characters. They end dumped at the edge of the road. Honor is a tool. Family devotion, the only moral that matters.

Anton:*to Gabriel* Well, I have to recognize that at least Koshka's limit is the family. Is the only good thing about him. Other than that, will depend of how much do you pay. How about you? Do you have an ethical code to rule you while doing stuff? Or any teacher, or master... I mean, I'm quite puzzled about how you people gets instructed in your skills, or even in your lives. By example, I had studies in Criminology and Forensics while attempting to be a cop. Went to school until my seventeens. Apart of that, I have been detective since I was able to walk and pursue my grandma's cookie jar.

Koshka: *to Truman* I wont feed Mihail. I'm teaching discipline. Resilience. Protocol. Self-countenance. His life has been too easy for a kid. Real life is hard. His Papa will feed him.

Misha: Boo! I wanna choco-cake! Choco-cake! Choco-cake! Choco-cake! Choco-cake!

Koshka:*to Mihail* Behave. Don't be a pussy. You'll end being a private detective. I can't figure out a worse fate for anyone.

*Pyotr gets close to Truman and begins to cough. After some strange gurgling noises coming from his belly, the T-Rex throws up an old man with ragged dark clothes and half-chewed mask, amidst a ball of goo and saliva, plus undigested remains of a giant centipede.*

Mihail: *looks disgusted* Gross! I'm not hungry anymore.

Grand Master: ARGH! *spits dinosaur saliva for a long while* Damned beast, ptui! Ptui! Go away, you horrible monster! *the old man attempts to stand, but Pyotr roars at him, showing his teeth in threatening way.*

Pyotr:*to Grand Master* PRAAAAAAAGWR!

*the old man shrivels and remains sitting into the floor, traumatized.*

Koshka: I take back my statement.

13. Some Guy

Truman: Pyotr! Are you going to let that centiped go to waste? (to Koshka and Mihail): We suffered starvation after the strike, and had to work very hard for a meal, and watch others eat at their turn, and wait for ours. Even as President, I toiled in the fields just as everyone else did. (to Anton): does Mihail work hard for his supper? I'm sure a dinosaur could work hard as well.

14. LastMindToSanity

Gabriel: Well, Anton, my father taught me how be a proper Hunter. He taught me how to draw out the power of the equipment I have, how to find spirits, how to eliminate them without being noticed by the general public, things like that.

Doyle: I learned my skills from both of my parents; how to lie, cheat, steal, lead, think, shoot, and throw knives, just the basics.

May: Arc and Jack taught me the basics of fighting and survival. I learned everything else on my own.

Gabriel: My ethical code? Well, if I'm being honest, I started out like the kind of guy Doyle was describing earlier. Rigid morals, always trying to save everyone, even if it was stupidly impossible. I did actually end up losing someone because of that. After that, I sort of adopted May's code: "Protect those who stand behind you. Support those who stand in front of you. Acknowledge those who stand alongside you. Destroy those who stand against you." I was against it at first because of that whole "destroy" part, but you can't win a war if you won't kill your enemy, right? It was hard to move past my rigid morals, but I think I'm good now. How about you, Anton, are there lines that you won't cross?

May: Actually, that was originally Sarah's code.

Doyle: See, Koshka, we sort of agree! I also think that honor is the most important value a person can have, but my honor is more pointed towards the people I choose to be with and not the people I had no choice but be born to. Oh, and, Anton? Is he really a murderer, or do you just hate the fact that his job involves killing people?

Nixi: Ah, guys? I think we're ignoring the person that just came out of the large creature?

15. Andrew Alvarez

*Pyotr glares at Truman, then begins to eat the few centipede remains. The old man seems annoyed at him and Truman.*

Grand Master:*to Truman* Centiped? How DARE thou to refer at the blessed remains of my Lord and God as a centiped? Because is through my Lord, holy and beautiful Magoth'Aron, that reality will find peace and renewal! Praised be thy name, oh redeemer of the impious! Bless us again against the hallowed light with your purifying haze! If only thee have seen his magnificence, thee would be a believer too! Yet, I can't recognize your race. Who are your false gods? If you tell me, I'll be able to open your path for redemption!

Iona: *gets ready to strike the old man* Well, it looks I'll have some work to do here after all!

Grand Master:*to Iona* Silence, thou cattle! Repent! Repent for all the sins of the impious or I'll crush thee! *stands and begins to preach at Nixi* Thee have a kind seeing. The blessing of Magot'Aron be at thee. Cause is trough humbleness and sacrifice that our Lord will manifest himself through realities across the Tree of Life and devours the rotten fruit of Mundus! May he returns to purify us all! Learn how embracing Magoth'Aron's teachings can enhance your life in ways beyond the material Mundus! I also invite you to repent before my Lord, and honor his glory with sacrifice!

Koshka:
    Give me a break... *keeps eating cake* Cheap infomercial.

Anton: *to Gabriel* I don't like to kill, but I can use deadly force when necessary. I'm cool with people being just people, but recognize I'm the sort of... vengeful guy. I can't be easy until having payback, no matter who's made the move against me. Other than that, I always try to help people through my services, specially when it's about the truth. I don't like secrets or second intent from people. Yet I'm more self-destructive than I would like to be. It just happens. My life on the farm was hard, and I spent all my childhood terrorized by my Pa's... teachings. Did you hunt big game? It's not that I like to hunt, but it would be interesting to know how life goes in your own world. My life in the city is comfortable, but also has it's downsides with crime and corruption.

Grand Master: *to Anton* The only worthy freedom is at the service of Magoth'Aron! The only teaching worthy of being learned is Magoth'Aron's grace! Convert, you sinner!

Koshka:*to Anton* Spare us your daddy issues. Pussy. Grow a pair.

Mihail: *to Nixi* Auntie, the old man is mean! He wanted to the centipede to eat my friend Jan, and he wanted to be mean with people! I don't like him at all! And he smells funny, and the centipede was dumb because, because he was mean too!

Grand Master:
    *to Mihail* Thou, small disrespectful peasant, are a perfect candidate for sacrifice. Would you like to offer thee heart for my Lord's sake?

*Mihail runs to hide behind Koshka.*

Koshka:*to Mihail* Don't be disrespectful with the elders.

Anton: *to Doyle* Koshka is a murderer. Officially, he's a bodyguard, but goes beyond that. Also he's a contemptuous bastard with anyone who's having a bad time in life. No remorse, no mercy, no nothing. He's like a soulless robot who can't get in other people's point of view!

Koshka: That hurts*smiles*. Anton loves false statements. I do have empathy. You need to know what you kill. Take advantage from his fear. Use his carelessness. Strike silent like a shadow. You need empathy for that. *attempts to eat more cake, but the slice is gone. Instead, Mihail is strangely silent with his cheeks full and traces of cake on the edges of his mouth. Koshka frowns* Mihail... where is my choco-cake?

Mihail:Mmm?

Koshka: Choco-cake. My choco-cake. Where is it.

Mihail:*shooks his shoulders*Nnn-Nnn?

Koshka: Speak. You are too silent. Choco-silent. That's disrespectful.

Mihail: *gulps* I dunno. *looks at his side*

16. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Vanna: *to Truman* That kid is six! He shouldn't have to work for his supper! Are there any kids in your reality or are they working the fields as soon as they can walk?

Henrietta: Vanna, you must calm yourself. I find it curious. In Cavallia, no child is forced to work too hard. Surely, a few of the servants are quite small, such as Minetta, the chambermaid, who is twelve, I think, but I do not know if there are any others. I have heard, however, that there are children at work on the farms in the countryside, but I believe that they are family-run, and I am sure that they are safe and well-cared-for under their fathers' jurisdiction. No, what concerns me is the gentleman that that...creature dispelled. *to Grand Master* Are you alright, man? You appear to be a little addled in the head. Who is this Magoth'Aron of whom you speak? Surely he is not truly a God, for there is only one Creator, and is it not said in the Bible itself that he is a jealous God, and will allow no others to be worshipped?

Vanna: Yes, sir, you should probably drink some water. It will calm you down. Henrietta, please remember that people here are from different worlds and different times, and you will meet people who worship different gods. He's going to have a great time trying to get you to convert.

Henrietta: Oh, yes, I recall. You do not believe in a god at all, am I correct? *to Grand Master* Surely you mustn't think that sacrifice is truly necessary? Especially not the heart of a six-year-old boy? *to Mihail* Are you alright, my child? Do you feel threatened? I am sure that the Royal Guard can be summoned here if necessary. Here, let me wipe the cake from your face. *Holds out handkerchief.*

Jasmine: Mr. Koshka, sir? If Mihail's your cousin, and he's Leonid's son, does that mean you're Matvei's son? Why is there such a big age gap between you, then? *Looks around.* Matvei and Leonid seem to have gone. I wish they'd come back, they were nice.

Vanna: Apart from the whole "staunchly Communist" thing. But everyone's a product of their time, I'll forgive them.

Ophelia: You say that, but you did manage to keep up the "1930s schoolgirl" charade for the entirety of the school year.

Vanna: Well, I am part of the Drama Soc. I can act, and I'd done my research.

Ophelia: Leaving that aside, we never did find out how Anton and Koshka met. Do you work with each other? Do you run a business together? I can see that the differences in morals proves quite a barrier, so why do you keep each others' company?

17. LastMindToSanity

Doyle: *shoves Nixi behind him* Hey, weirdo, Nix doesn't need preaching. And she certainly doesn't need it from you.

May: *steps in front of them both* Yeah, back off before I get mad, or you'll have more than a dinosaur to worry about.

Nixi: Um, guys, I can speak for myself. I won't disagree, however. I'm sorry, sir, but I don't really want to follow whatever cult you're a part of.

Gabriel: Anton, I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding. I don't hunt animals, I hunt people and spirits. Oh, and, guys? Stand down, he can't hurt us and we won't hurt him, got it?

May and Doyle: *grumbling*

Gabriel: I live in the city, too. Even have my own apartment and a job. I'm not quite sure how to describe how our world goes, but I'll try. You see, some people like some other people, but usually we all have a general distrust for each other. Despite this, we, as a society, work together to make life better for ourselves, all while pretending that we're doing it for the whole society.

Doyle: Damn, I didn't think you were such a pessimist. You okay, man?

Gabriel: Of course, I'm just describing my world to Anton in the simplest way I know how.

Nixi: Hey, Truman? Considering that we both seem to live in apocalyptic wastelands, I was wondering if you had any tips for restoring the natural habitats of animals? A lot of them survived my story, but I wanted to help the ones that didn't.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  18. Andrew Alvarez

Mihail:Thank you auntie Henrietta! *pulls his tongue to Koshka, and goes at Henrietta's side, presenting his face to be cleaned* I'm not scared, because Pyotr is going to eat that old man later. I think he wanted to show him, like in a show-and-tell at Kindergarten. *whispers*Auntie, what's a drama soc, and why Vanna made a charade? Does she like to play charade? I would like too, but my brothers don't play those games too much.

Grand Master: My power of influencing is diminished in this ambiance. Yes... my appearance is faulty, being expelled from that hideous creature. *a dark mist surrounds him. After vanishes, his black robe are restored and a hood covers his head* Better. *to Henrietta*Thou seem to be over these peasants, I'll address your theological curiosity. Magoth'Aron is the spark of creation and change, for the eternal sublimation of reality. All others are inferior, and bound to fade. My lord is eternal, and I am his herald.

Anton: *to Gabriel* Thanks for clarifying. Indeed sounds like a risky job, but since the 'game' can answer back, is more fair than hunting animals. There's a lot of pretending in my society too. Dunno how much good is that for a society, neither. |

Grand Master:*ignores Anton and talks to Henrietta* Sacrifice is essential. Peasants are a low-quality, but abundant source of sacrificial tokens. Sadly, willingness is essential for the ritual... some months of torture do the trick for most of the peasants. My Whisperers supplied enough for my Lord to be appeased... or they did until that horrible beast destroyed my temple and all of my monks in there!*points wrathful at Pyotr* If one of my stupid assistants hadn't send a powerful medallion to the world of that... *grunts in anger* Jan brat, that monster would have remained away and Magoth'Aron would rule! Thousand curses and agony for Jan Star-child!

Mihail: *to Grand Master* Jan is a good kid! You smell!

Grand Master:*to Mihail* Little one, according to the star's position at your birth, thou could be a Whisperer. If you survive drinking the precious 'Blood of Magoth'Aron', thou would be trained. I sense one of my subjects near... maybe I command him to snatch thee from home while asleep in the night. Is the standard procedure for recruiting. *his eyes glow with evilness. Mihail hides behind Henrietta.* *to Nixi* So, Nix it is yer name? Lovely. I sense a very special soul in thee, that would benefit from our teachings. Want the skill for raise from the dead creatures, friends and family? Magoth'Aron can help thee. Want an end of famine, wars, suffering and the rule of lesser beings? He's the equalizer. Eternal life? Be a Grand Master, and grasp it! All my Lord demands is faith and sacrifice. Do not listen inferior beens who distraught from yer whole potential! They'll never see thou as a peer, I see now in their eyes their envy, their scorn, their doubt about yer worth... We will never lie nor betray yer fidelity. The reward is a whole new, fair, happy, brave world for thee to shape, recognizing Magoth'Aron as supreme ruler. A little thing for eternal happiness, don't thou think?

Koshka:*Stands* Mister, cousin can't join your Sunday school. He's already an orthodox catholic. Leonid's orders. *to Jasmine* I'm cousin from mother's side. I'm a Koroschenko. Leonid is a Cherkov. I don't know Leonid's family. They almost kill him and my cousins. Bunch of savages. Grandfather was about to go to war against them. Leonid survived, and killed a lot of them. Maybe killed Matvei amidst them. Leonid was a Spetsnaz. He handled it... well. But I'm speculating, I wasn't there.

Mihail: I'm what?

Anton:*to Ophelia* I met Koshka because I was one of his jobs. Not for a killing, but for intimidation and thievery. To be honest, the only thing we have in common is that he lives in my city. Apart of that, we keep our distance... is not that he could stand a friendly beer in a bar, or friends, or happiness in general. And goes against his principles to share with someone else.

Mihail: Yes, Koshka is stingy.

Koshka: I give to charity. Puppy charity.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  19. EstherMayRose

Vanna: *to Koshka* Gosh, that's...that's terrible. I'm so sorry. It's hard to imagine little Leonid killing anyone. And poor Matvei. He was only trying to do what was best for him. They just seemed like such nice kids.

Jasmine: I'm sorry I asked. Whenever I ask something, the answer's always something awful. Like when I asked Ophelia if her mummy was going to come and see her, and it turned out her whole family had been murdered.

Ophelia: Thank you for mentioning that.

Vanna: *Squats down to Mihail's level* The Drama Soc. is a special club at our school where we put on plays to show everyone at the end-of-term concerts. What I was saying is that I'm good at acting. I like to think that, anyway! *Laughs* I've never actually played charades. Ophelia wasn't talking about a game of charades. I grew up in the 21st century, but then Ophelia cast a magic spell on me to bring me to the 1930s, with all these guys. I didn't know who'd brought me, and I didn't think anyone would believe me if I told them about the magic, so I spent three terms pretending that I'd been growing up in the 1930s all along. Isn't that strange?

Jasmine: Those girls are back.

Vanna: So they are! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there, as you can see, it is a bit of a press. Ella, Violet, Charlie, welcome to the Chatroom. I'm Vanna, pleased to meet you. *Holds out hand for them to shake*

Paula: Mihail's crumbs are going to ruin your skirt, Henrietta. Hope it's not too valuable.

Henrietta: Oh, it's nothing Lillette won't be able to get clean. Besides, it's Cavallian silk, so it's readily accessible. We are famous for our painted silks. Besides, a few crumbs are a small price to pay for the protection of an innocent child from such a threat as this! Someone must put this man in his place! *looks down at Mihail* I am also Catholic, child. I shall help you fend this lunatic off!

Vanna: You're rather punching above your weight there, my friend.

20. LastMindToSanity

May: Don't worry, Vanna, he's not above my weight class. *cracks knuckles* When I tell you to back off, you best be sure to back off or you'll lose an arm.

Gabriel: May, just ignore him! He isn't causing any harm. If you can't behave yourself, then I'm gonna dunk you in the ocean again!

Nixi: Thank you, May, but I don't want you hurting people we don't know. *to Grand Master* Um, sir? I'm not sure what your name is, but I don't think I'll be dabbling in any sort of magic anytime soon.

Doyle: Yeah, and while we're at it, where'd you even come from, freak? What kind of weirdo comes out of a dinosaur's stomach and starts preaching their cult the second they get their breath back? We don't want what you're selling, so go bother someone else. *pulls out a pistol, just to make his point more obvious*

Gabriel: Dammit, Doyle! Why do you two always have to get into fights wherever we go? *to Grand Master* Look, we don't want to join your cult, and I don't want my team to attack you for no good reason, so could you maybe just leave Nixi alone? I just don't want us to be known as the violent ones.

Vanna, some things you and Henrietta said earlier kind of sound like you're not from her time period, what's the deal with that? Is time travel a thing in your story?

21. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Well, yes, I am a time traveller as a matter of fact, but Henrietta's from a different book. There are two girls here from a third book, but they don't have that much to say.

Elsie: Excuse me, we have plenty to say! And our book was begun first, by the way. I'm Elsie, and my friend Cecilia's here too. I suppose she is quite shy. All our books are set in different times. Ours is set in 1911, Vanna's is set mostly in 1934 and '35, although the beginning bit, before the time travel, is set in 2014, where everyone carries a funny little box in their pockets and it works like a telephone. Henrietta's book is set in 1732, and I admit I'm a little bit jealous of her, since she gets to wear all those big fancy frocks made of painted silk and live in a palace. *to Henrietta* I've read about Versailles, does it look like that?

Henrietta: A little bit. Of course, it's very fashionably decorated, but rather smaller. And to you four, I wouldn't worry about becoming known for violence. There were girls here earlier who had quite a penchant for vulgar little scraps!

Vanna: Vulgar yourself! Besides, none of you remember the vampire and the demon hunter. The words that always spring to my mind when someone tells someone off for fighting is "I was just thinking how nice it would be to paint your brains on the wall".

Henrietta: Simply charming.

22. Andrew Alvarez

*the Grand Master was about to utter something, then Iona launches a green ball of light from her hand towards him, paralyzing him completely.*

Iona:*to Gabriel* I'm so sorry, but I wouldn't tolerate another word from this deranged cretin. In normal circumstances I would get him carbonized through holy fire, yet I understand that there are too many kids around. His cult relied in division, slander and the cultivation of lower feelings like doubt, anger, hate and so. Luckily, his whole sect was destroyed by the combined forces of three Faerlondian lords and Pyotr. Just don't take him serious, nor anything he said. He's history now. *to Nixi* Don't be wrong about this knave, he's pure evil. I'm glad to notice that his manipulation attempt was worthless, as himself.

Mihail:*to Henrietta* Thank you, auntie! The mean old man was being very scary and dumb! But now I feel better. *to Vanna* I would like to play like you do! Auntie Celia at Kindergarten is teaching us for a play about being a veggie. I'll be a carrot there, but I wanted to be a dinosaur, because, because I have a dinosaur suit! But no, I must pretend to be a carrot, because auntie said that the carrot was healthy *sighs*.

Koshka:*to Vanna* Don't you worry about Leonid. After some years, things got alright. Leonid married my aunt while in the Red Army, against their orders. Mihail's mother. Leonid was disgraced, sent to dig coal as punishment. After the Soviet Union fell, he worked for my uncle as bodyguard. Then, my aunt died. Leonid couldn't take the job anymore. Now he's happy. Poor, but happy, so he says.

Mihail: We are a happy family *smiles*.

*Pyotr gets close to the Grand Master, opening his jaws.*

23. Some Guy

Truman: Pyotrrrr... I don't suppose he tasted all that great the first time you ate him? Finishing food is one thing, that's just survival, but that just can't be good for you. No one knows what it's been into!
    Miss Vanna, children are the most precious expression of the Creator, and any of us would lay down our lives, give ourselves completely, in service to them. They were the last hope of human future. From the time they could walk, they were with us, equal, if not superior to us. They wanted nothing more than to do as we did, even if only at play, we never had to demand anything from them, only show them what they needed to do, to live on after we were gone. A six year old (gestures to Mihail), would stubbornly attempt to drag his own weight of provisions, if we ever permitted it. Even at that young age, they understood the stakes of our future. At the end of their short workshift, they protested being taken from our side to play the learning games, but not very long. Once bidden, they learned and played happily, and became eager to create and live for their children, in turn. I must admit, even with State responsibilities, it was difficult to leave my shift, and miss their enthusiasm (sighs). It was the only time I felt worthy of them. All my long years...

24. LastMindToSanity

Nixi: Oh dear. Is he okay?

Doyle: Yeah, I think he's still breathing. Why do you even care? He was a dick.

Nixi: Even jerks deserve empathy.

May: You said it! Remember that time you almost got mugged, and then apologized to the guy when I broke his fingers?

Doyle: Or how about when that gang attacked us, and you tried to ask them to let us go, and then you yelled at us when we almost killed a couple of them?

Nixi: Just because I have a shred of empathy...

May: More like a silo-full.

Nixi: Fine, three can play at this game. May, do you remember that time when you got drunk in a bar, hit on some random woman, cried when she turned you down, and then hit on her boyfriend?

Doyle: *laughing* I forgot about that! Oh, that the best thing I've ever seen! I don't think we can ever go there again.

May: Doyle, shut up, you were cleaning your gun and accidentally shot yourself in the foot. Three times.

M, D, & N: *Incoherent arguing*

Gabriel: Well, does anyone want to keep this thought going? What are some fun stories about you guys? They don't have to be in your stories, because none of those were.

25. Andrew Alvarez

*Pyotr gives a glance to Truman, taking his words at heart and closing his jaws. The Grand Master reflects fear into his eyes*

Mihail:*to Truman* I once, I helped Papa to get the house neat. Also I helped him to unpack the beds when we arrived there. Papa said it was a good job! *smiles*

Koshka: *to Doyle, raising his dark round glasses* Three on your own foot? Really? That's an achievement *wears the glasses again*.

Anton: *to Gabriel* What an excellent idea! That would be so awesome for sharing, and I like good stories! Why don't you tell one, Koshka? You could prove me wrong about you being a bane for happiness!

Koshka:*glares to Anton* I'll indulge you. A week ago, a bird in the park. The bird shit my suit. I drew a suppressed machine-pistol. Half of his feathers never touched the ground again. The remains fell into a couple of teens. Screams of horror. End.

*Anton gives Koshka a stern glance. Koshka lits his tobacco pipe and begins smoking*

Anton: Idiot... I'll add one of mine to get rid of the taste. Ahem... well, this was when I was around nine. I was living at Chile in the countryside before moving to the Big City. Since I was born in Ireland, the kids there always picked me up due my accent and red hair, but there was a single one that they called the 'Natre', but his true name was Gonzalo. Well, 'Natre' is a bitter medicinal bush, but the nickname was because this kid, older and stronger than me, was evil incarnate. Hence, he kicked the shit out of me quite often being myself small, weak and a pussy.

Koshka: Gabriel requested a story, not your trauma collection-

Anton: Shut up, I'm talking here! As I said, he had me as a regular punching bag. The story is that, one day, Natre had the great idea of throwing me into the school's big dumpster, the fucking genius. Since I had no chances of defending myself, I was quite resigned to endure that. Then, trying to get out, I found a 'gentleman's magazine' amidst the trash. But apart of what's into those magazines, I found an History's test with a score of two in a scale of seven, and guess what? Was Natre's exam!

Mihail: What is a gentleman's magazine?

Koshka: It's a magazine with a gentleman inside.

Mihail: Ah, okay.

Anton: Well, thing was, I thought into going with the exam and snitch him to his teacher, or to his parents. But I remembered that the bastard didn't give a shit about his grades, parents or teachers, since he was a damned beast! I remained still into the dumpster, thinking about what to do, when walked at some distance the Barrera brothers and sister. Those were three brothers of twelve, fourteen and fifteen, and their sister had thirteen, which was Natre's age. I watched them walking, and how fiercely they glared at anyone who dared to look at their sister. If Natre was like the devil, those guys were the devil itself, specially if together! And then, I got an idea, hehehe...

Koshka: Here we go... *goes to Mihail and covers his ears with the gloved hands*

Anton: It took me a whole day to practice forging Natre's writing, but once done I wrote the Barrera's sister name in every single 'escort' that the magazine had, and the name of a Barrera brother in each gentlemen, then I dropped it in front of their doorstep just before they arrived home. Also, I put Natre's test into the first pages, then ran to my home without being seen. The next day I stood at the entrance, waiting for Natre to beat me. He came ready to make my day miserable again... but I wasn't the only one waiting for him. Long story short, after the beating that the Barreras gave to Natre, he never walked, played sports nor pronounce consonants normally, and became bullied until he went to highschool. Tada!

Koshka: And the moral of the story? What it was?

Anton: Easy! The garbage of your enemies is your treasure! Speaking of which, you didn't say what was the moral of yours!

Koshka: Easy. You shit my suit, you die horribly. Also, your corpse will ruin someone's day.

Mihail: *glares Koshka after taking his hands out from the ears* Cousin, you were mean with that bird.

*Koshka smokes his pipe with a smile*