Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Henrietta: Could you explain the game a little better? How many cards are there in total? And what do you mean by "trapped"? How do we know which ones are in play?

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Alpha-ball: *puts thumbs to its 'head' and waves fingers* Nyaa Nyaa! *hops away* Eee Hee hee!

3. DarkPen14

DarkPen14 Florida Man in Training Contributor

Jim: Define unfair? Where I come from, itś only annoying when you lose at Russian Roulette.

Janice: Thatś because you can be killed, moron. *punches Jim*

4. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Vance: *To Henrietta* Well, you see, the three cards on the table are in play. "Trapped" means that Illia and I have made it so that touching a card will either give you a slight burn or a shock of cold. Although, the game is less fun once all of my tricks are found out. The cards are trapped so that players wouldn't want to touch them, but the crown card is trapped so players are less likely to pick the crown card. If you find the crown card, you win.

*To Jim* She only tells people the absolute minimum about the game, she barely even explains the rules, and the solutions to her games involve personal things about her that most people don't have any chance of knowing. There's more but it's things like that that make her games unfair.

Illia: *Huff!*

5. 31152104

31152104 Active Member

Sir Olger: Hmmm, I say: What a smell! Oh, Ralfie, my trusted talking honey badger for these five years past, does your wondrous nose detect that... odour?

Ralfie: Get stuffed, ya windy old codger. Go git me a whiskey fore I bite ye were yer ancestors will feel it.

6. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

(Note: You will recognize a couple of these characters. Ignore this fact. They have been heavily edited.)

Sapphire: Er…what is this place?

Katherine: Exactly what we were told it was. A place where we can converse with folks from other universes.

Sapphire: It seems so…ordinary.

(The lights begin to flicker on and off. The three girls look over to see Asiri, turning them on and off like it's the greatest thing she's ever seen. It is.)

Asiri: Look, all of you; is this not the most wonderful thing? You need only flick this switch, and the lanterns above turn on; flick it again, and they turn off!

(Curiosity wins over, and they crowd around.)

Sapphire: Fascinating! How is it done, do you think?

Nina: They must use something combustible on the lanterns, lighting it when the switch is pulled.

Katherine: That would not explain why it extinguishes at the switch being pulled back, though. Perhaps it is doused with water at that.

Asiri: No, no, that would make it near-impossible to light again until dry.

Nina: Maybe they make it burn extremely fast, replacing it if the switch remains on, and removing it if it is turned off.

Sapphire: …Nina, that would work if there were any feasible method of doing it.

Katherine: In any case, apologies for the tangent. It is nice to meet anyone here; could one of you potentially explain this place to us?

7. Some Guy

Truman: Where's the talking sheep when we need it? Well, nevermind. Hello all! Always good to see heavily edited characters here! I'm Truman Baker, The former Tyrant and last President of The Unified State of America. Thankfully, I'm just Truman, now. I'm kinda like this place, in that I now exist out of time, in a memory of The Eternal Seeker. It used to be an AI, til it found The Eternal Creator. Wait... what did I just say? Seeker! That's not funny!
    * a blue glow manifests into a child that looks like young anakin skyewalker *
    Seeker: Expand your sense of amuzement, Truman. Many humans found that sort of thing entertaining. * disappears *
    Truman: Whatever. Uh... Oh! This place! It can be anything! For me, it's sort of my retirement. A simple setting to have a single-malt and a fine cigar. No power or politics or responsibility. For you, all you have to do is think of what you want, and it's there. Food, drink, all that stuff. Come have a drink, and tell us about yourselves, and your story.

8. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: …what is America?

Katherine: I suppose we've much to learn. I would not be opposed to a drink, though, and I doubt any of us would be.

(the girls sit down)

Nina: Now, our story…

Sapphire: I am afraid that will not be possible.

Nina: What?

Katherine: There are some aspects of our story that cannot be shared with everyone here.

Asiri: Like what?

Katherine: …if I told you that, it would defeat the purpose.

Asiri: Well…all right, then. What should we tell you all, in that case?

9. Merley

Merley Member

Etzeo leans against the doorway, his head cocked sideways as he watches these people talk in front of him. His hood is drawn low over his eyes, hiding the strange coloring from his mixed heritage. One of his hands was toying with a small silver pendant strung around his neck while the other was deep in his pocket.

10. CAROLINE J. THIBEAUX

CAROLINE J. THIBEAUX Member

“There was nothing wrong with your foot when you started that fight at the Three Moons Tavern.” Rai et Bashiana, Force Leader of his troop spoke. Two blades were pinned on his collar, but the four gold rings woven into his long, gray-streaked hair signified that he had been the victor of four major battles in the war. A cut, not yet healed, marred his left cheek as he glared accusingly at Sharr. “Or when you were dancing with the ladies before that,” Rai reminded him.

Sharr waved away the comment. “The pain comes and goes, and besides, I didn’t start the fight. The Three Moons has a nasty reputation, from what I hear,” he defended himself.

“Only when you cheat at dice.” Haresh et Zharn spoke up quietly. He had been watching Sharr from across the fire, his long arms resting lightly on his knees, dark eyes glittering in the firelight.

Taking another swallow, Sharr replied indignantly, “I did not cheat, exactly.

11. Some Guy

* Truman crosses his arms and shifts his cigar from one side of his mouth to the other, and leans back in his chair, just waiting for things to play out. *

12. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Asiri: …it has become quiet.

Katherine: Very. Where did the people go?

Nina: Perhaps we are all waiting for someone else to begin a conversation.

Asiri: It may be that way.

Sapphire: Have we anything to discuss?

Katherine: (shakes head) Not that I know of.

(the others agree)

Nina: What about the rest of you? Surely someone has a topic of some sort to offer.

13. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Vanna: I have been meaning to come back here, but our author has taken a while to give us things to say. It's nice to meet you, Asiri and Nina. Katherine and Sapphire, it's great to see you again. EMR says you've changed a lot since we last saw you. Do you remember us? Why don't you all tell us about yourselves?

14. Bluedango

Bluedango Member

Mags: Huh? Clare-Clare! There's a... a... voices! Will the voices... eat Maggie?

Clare: Not if I eat you first, buddy.

Mags: Really?

Clare: Mm. I will not allow anyone else to eat you, Magsie, not even the weird floating voices in this featureless... void of pure white.
    Wait, when did we get here? Is this a dream sequence? It must be. My eyes hurt.

Mags: Clare-Clare! Maggie is scared.

Clare: There, there. Even if we are trapped here, probably forever, I am sure our likeness exists somewhere else- a fun place, doing fun stuff.
    Besides, we got one another.

Mags: Clare-Clare...

Clare: This place isn't so bad. We will live off the land, maybe start our very own village with just the two of us. We will hunt the voices for food.
    I wonder if they go well with the dehydrated soup ration.

Mags: A voices soup?

Clare: There's only one way to find out...

15. Some Guy

Truman: It's only a featureless void til you go back in the threads and see what's going on. Give it a try...

16. Bluedango

Bluedango Member

Clare: Magsie, get behind me.

Mags: Are you a... voices?

Clare: Let me handle this. We don't know its intentions are but it sure looks like it knows a lot. I will try persuading it.
    Did you bring anything with you?

Mags: Here!

Clare: Oi! Old man! Where are we? I will pay you five Rings if you tell us what lies yonder.

Mags: Yeah! Yeah!

Clare: Hush. There's no need to intimidate the local fauna-
    Magsie! Look! Up there!

Mags: Ch...Chaah..

Clare: It says Chatroom.

17. DarkPen14

Sunnu: Jade, was I seriously this clueless?

Jade-Wolf: No, you had a vague idea. Vague. Snow on the other hand...

18. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katherine: Remember you? I should think not.

Sapphire: We have never met any of you. Perhaps you met people like us, but it was certainly not us.

Nina: But we can tell you about ourselves.

Sapphire: We are soldiers, for the kingdom of Laenia. My name is Sapphire Kravitz. There are some things I cannot tell you, but I will say what I can. I am a tax collector's daughter, and though I only recently joined the army, I have been fighting for a while.

Katherine: My name is…what name is displayed for me?

Sapphire: It says your name is (pause, checking) Katherine.

Nina: Katherine? Isn't your name--

Katherine: Katherine is my English name. I suppose that is why it says that is my name here, in an English-speaking area.

Asiri: Well, you ought to fix that.

Katherine: …I suppose so. Well, though you have been led to believe otherwise, my name is Kirika Miyamoto. (beat) Is it fixed now?

Sapphire: Yes, it is.

Kirika: Wonderful. I come from what you all know as Japan, though its true name is Nihon. Sapphire and I met shortly before joining the army, and from there, we met the others.

Nina: I am Nina Lopez--

Asiri: And I am Asiri Lopez.

Nina: We dignify the surname only because we must. Laenia has been our home since I was fourteen, and she was thirteen.

Asiri: We stowed away here on a Spanish boat, and found ourselves in Laenia from there.

Sapphire: In any case, what about the rest of you? Surely we are not the only ones with backstories.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  19. DarkPen14

Sunnu: I am Sunnu Wukong, heir to Sun Wukong's kingdom of Stone Monkeys in Water-Curtain Cave on Flower-Fruit Mountain, current wielder of Ruyi Jingu Bang. These three are my companions;

Jade-Wolf: I am Jade-Wolf Strider. My parents were immortals who left heaven to continue their relationship and took me with them when they returned. I was sent back because I was born on earth and not immortal. I'd have two brothers if someone hadn't killed them.

Sunnu: I am not responsible for the actions of my ancestors.

Snow:
    I am Snow-Stripe Pearl-Fang, son of the Lion Sage Who Drives the Gods Away. Sunnu is my cousin and I owe her a solid.

Little Alligator: I am Tuo Jie Long, exiled nephew of the Western Dragon King.

Jade-Wolf: We come from a land where what you might call the supernatural exists. Sunnu is a kind of monkey fiend, I am a demi-immortal, Snow is a half-lion half-tiger spirit, and Tuo Jie Long is an alligator dragon.

20. Merley

Merley Member

Etzeo chuckled from where he leaned against the wall, but didn't make a move to join the conversation. He thought this whole thing ridiculous, he didn't even know why he was here. Oh well, he had come here for a glass of something for cheap. He hadn't even made it to the bar yet, scoping out who was here. They seemed willing enough to tell about themselves and their companions.

21. Bluedango

Bluedango Member

Clare: Looks like he doesn't understand the concept of currency- oh, more appeared.

Mags: Hullo!

Clare: Hush, Magsie. We must be cautious. Judging by what they are carrying those lady soldiers look like grade 25 salary Geckos. I wonder what their ration taste like.

Mags: Clare-Clare! Look! Monster persons!

Clare: Boss once told me stories about a big village of fish-men where Green Gallows meet the Acrid Sea. They are supposed to speak in a manner that people wouldn't understand but those are clearly not fishes and they speak fluent human.

Mags: Can... Can Maggie pat the big white puppy?

22. Merley

Merley Member

Etzeo huffed and spoke out to the two, totally oblivious, humanoids. "Do you really this naive or are you just stupid." His voice was a sharp and high. He pulled his hand out of his pocket, flipping a coin across his knuckles with irritating speed.

23. Bluedango

Bluedango Member

Mags: Hullo!

Clare: Why do you keep giving away our position?

Mags: Fio's mum says when stranger greets Maggie must says hullo too. Fio's mum... Fio! Clare-Clare! Where is Fio?

Clare: I don't really care where that mouth breather landed but I got a feeling that she will pop out of nowhere soon, probably screaming at things.

Mags: Really?

Clare: Mm. More importantly, since you compromised our position mind as well introduce ourselves. (Don't worry. I prepared a few escape plans if things don't go smoothly. Hop into my rucksack.)

Mags: Um! Maggie is... a four! (Clare-Clare! What else must Maggie says?)

Clare: Thirty inches tall, fifteen kilograms, unnaturally long lush locks that go down to the butt, and perpetually blushing cheeks. If your eyes haven't evaporated yet she is wearing a bright yellow raincoat. The neon blue ribbon is optional-- The perfect distraction!

Mags: Maggie likes mangoes.

Clare: I'm off-duty. Moogs and I were busy collecting Scout Badges when suddenly we got wooshed into this place.

Mags: Clare-Clare! When will Maggie gets to hunts the Scout Badges too?

Clare: Six years from now when you are as big as me, and you... you will have your very own buddy to help you.

Mags: Clare...Clare...

Clare: Don't grow up!

Mags: Can you teach Maggie how to flip the coin too?

24. DarkPen14

Sunnu: I can teach you agelessness.

Jade-Wolf: No, no you will not.

Sunnu: Why not? It only takes a couple centuries!

Jade-Wolf: Mortal species don't live that long.

Snow: The universe has enough problems without Sunnu cranking out disciples.

25. Zombie Among Us

Zombie Among Us Active Member

Jackie: uh, where are we exactly?

Alex: Jackie, look, there’s other... people? I don’t even know if some of these creatures are people. How did we all get here? What is this place even for?

Jackie: well, everyone is introducing themselves, maybe we should do that?

Chuck: no way! We have no idea who these people are! They could be Foxhounds for all we know!

Daisy: I’m Daisy-

Chuck: Daisy what did I just say