Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gladiolus83

Gladiolus83 Contributor Contributor

Genbu: Sounds like your powers are similar to our magic. In the world we come from, Sekai, everyone is born with one element that they can create and manipulate. We are trained in how to use it back when we are kids, though. My element is water, by the way.

Suzaku: Mine is fire.

Zhuque: Same here.

Byakko: Mine is earth, so aside from earthquakes I can also make plants and such grow. Gardening is not my thing, however.

Seiryuu: My element is air.

Genbu: And you were brought to a new world different from your own, right? We have come across that in our story, too. The poor guy was really confused by the whole thing. Was is like that for you, too?

2. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katie: I haven’t tried that, no. Maybe I should.

Rani: Well, I have tried to fly, and I can tell you with certainty that I can’t.

Isabel: And yeah, it was really confusing. I’m not gonna go into the full story, because even I know that’s too much, but basically our only guide at first was a water nymph, and they tell things on a need-to-know basis, so there were a lot of unanswered questions for a while there.

3. Gladiolus83

Zhuque: So everyone present knows how first meetings have gone here in the room, but what about within our own groups? How did that happen in our stories?

Byakko: What? That’s a stupid question! We’re brothers, we grew up together.

Genbu: That only goes for four of us. And come to think of it... The first time we ran into Zhuque Suzaku seemed to recognize him...

Suzaku: I sure did. I believe it was about five years before you met him.

Zhuque: Sounds right. I was actually not quite old enough yet to be allowed to join the battles, but as many do I considered myself stronger and more mature than I really was. So I went anyway. On the battlefield I realized my folly and took refuge in a tree. When the battle was over and I planned on going down I noticed a human coming toward my hiding place. I stayed still and waited for him to pass by. He didn’t. He stopped and looked straight up at me. I was terrified, because who knew what he might do. But then he just look away and leave. That confused the hell out of me. I just couldn’t understand why he didn’t do anything. So in order to find out I began spying on him. To my horror the object of my curiousity turned out to be not just any human, but one of the four gods.

Suzaku: My angel... There is one thing I’ve never told you all these years. Okay, this is going to sound creepy, but... When I saw you up in that tree I seriously thought ”to bad he is a demon, that boy is going to look absolutely stunning in a couple of years”. *takes Zhuque’s hand and gives it a kiss.* And I was right. You became the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen.

Zhuque: *throwing himself around Suzaku’s neck* Susu!!

Byakko: Cool it of, you two. How about we let the others tell their stories now?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  4. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Isabel: Well, we all went to school together before this, so we knew of each other. But for the most part, we weren’t friends until this all happened.

Camila: Rani and I were friends when we were younger, but we, ah, drifted apart when we started high school.

Katie: There was a stupid amount of tension between everyone at first. We kept fighting, Camila and Rani were sniping at each other every five seconds, Sarah and Isabel were impossibly oblivious…it was bad. But I’m not gonna air all our dirty laundry. Long story short, we eventually started tolerating each other.

Rani: That’s an understatement. I’d kill a man for anyone on this team. (Beat) Actually, at this point I’d kill a man for my aunt’s naan, so I guess that’s not saying much. But you know what I mean.

5. Gladiolus83

Seiryuu: Yeah, getting along isn't always easy. Not even if you are family. The four of us once ruled all of Sekai together but since we kept getting at each other’s throats we eventually decided to split the land in four parts and take one each.

Genbu: I know you feel bad about not being able to keep the family together, but that's in the past. We get along much better now. Better than we did back as humans, even. By the way, girls, do you know a way for you to go back home to your world after you have fulfilled your mission?

6. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Alyssa: Yeah, we do. Vaimiti—they’re the aforementioned water nymph—can open paths between realms.

7. Gladiolus83

Seiryuu: These dark forces you are supposed to fight, what can you tell us about them? Our experience is that things might not always be black and white.

Genbu: Yeah, we have had enemies turn into allies and allies turn into enemies.

Suzaku: If you by "allies turn into enemies" mean the Xerillians we were fools to trust those bastards. And that mistake cost us plenty, especially for my angel and me.

8. George Hosokawa

George Hosokawa New Member

Megumi: What did you say!? Don't make me want to hurt you!

Archie: Megumi! Now is not the time to argue with someone. Besides, you're stressing yourself out.

Megumi: Whatever...

Archie: I don't know any magic but I can manipulate the flow of latent energy that is present in the physical body. In other words, chi. Each and one of my world has this ability but they haven't unlocked their potential to acquire it. My mentor handed his power over to me. The evil equivalent of this power is dark chi, the energy of the body that is powered by dark forces. Dominic has this ability and it can certainly make you insane. That is why my mentor has told me to stay away from it.

Megumi: Well, that is self-explanatory. But do you have to be specific, you idiot!? Use shorter sentences instead!

Archie: Well, I have to in order for them to understand better. And you don't have to call me an idiot all the time! Why are you being mean all of a sudden?

Megumi: Because I can! Did you get a problem with that?

Archie: Not at all...

9. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Rani: Yeah, they’re not fully developed, so there’s not much I can tell you yet. But basically, they want to take control of the people of the realm. Possession and stuff.

10. Gladiolus83

Genbu: I thought that might be the case. But it is funny that you should mention possession.

Zhuque: Susu and his brothers were bodiless entities in the first draft and lived by possessing those willing to serve as their vessels. That has changed for the current version, though.

11. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Luna: I'm sorry, please forgive her. She really does mean well, even if she's naive. We won't let her turn into some evil villain anytime soon.

12. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Alyssa: We’ve only gone through the one draft so far, but it’s gotten increasingly more complex.

Katie: Our author’s fleshing everything out except for the setting and villain. I think her priorities are off.

Some Guy likes this.
  13. George Hosokawa

Archie: Uh... she's not a villain you see. She is more of a hero than a villain. Heck, she has a soft spot for children.

Megumi: Archie! You're embarrassing me!

Archie: You can't hide it from me. I know you have a heart of gold.

Megumi: *Growls*

14. Gladiolus83

Zhuque: So this might be breaking the fourth wall to much, but... Let’s say our stories get a movie or TV adaption. Who would play us?

Genbu: Our writer is a total anime nut, so ours would be in that medium. The art style would be something along the lines of the Fate series. As for our voice actors.... Why don’t you start, big brother?

Seiryuu: Takehito Koyasu.

Suzaku: Hikaru Midorikawa.

Zhuque:
    Yuki Kaji.

Byakko: Hiroaki Hirata.

Genbu
    : Megumi Ogata.

Byakko: *laughing* A woman, baby brother? Or maybe we should start calling you baby sister?

Genbu: Shut up! It’s very common for younger male characters to be voiced by women. Anyway, who would play you guys?

15. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Luna: *Gets close and whispers so her friends can't hear her.* Have you tried to... control blood, yet? It's mostly water. Really hard to do, but amazingly effective against things that have blood in them, which is most things.

Jericho: I would be played by the best one!

Niki: And that is...?

Jericho: *Shrugs shoulders*

Gabriel: Our author hasn't really thought about it before, no. We're not really at that stage, yet.

Jericho: What stage are we on?

Niki: The stage where literally anything else is more interesting than writing a story.

Some Guy likes this.
  16. Gladiolus83

Zhuque: I guess it perhaps isn’t something that many think about...

Genbu: *looking at his hands* Controling blood... I honestly haven’t tried that. The idea is interesting, indeed.

*Everyone back away from him*

Byakko: It’s always the ones you least expect, isn’t it?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  17. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Truman: Alright. *cuddles glowing boy* Seeker hasn't ever been corporeal before, or emotional. Childhood can be distressing for Eternals, I guess.
    *to Byakko* Seeker had been watching me for years before we actually met. When we did, I was royally pissed off! He maneuvered me through town with a bunch of spy tricks, making me think national security was being compromised. Then I was shown how much trouble the world was about to be in, even without an asteroid strike. Seeker knew I would never back down from protecting people and doing what had to be done, so I was suckered in. Turns out neither of us knew how bad it would actually get.

Blood-bending? Haa haahaa! Turns out you don't need magic for everything. Med-moeba could extract fluids or enter an organism at a nanoscopic level. Manipulating water at a molecular level can control anything, but consider this: Any element or energy governed by will takes on its own will. The Moeba automatons analyzed this and correctly decided that giving life to elements in any form would be perilous. Be very cautious, I know the Eternum confirms this.
    *smiles*
    But hey! The safeguards in this place make an excellent practice arena! Heh heh.

18. Gladiolus83

Genbu: I think... *holds out his hand toward the tiger* a creature with less brain capacity will be the best test subject.

Byakko: Leave Kiba alone!

Genbu: Don’t worry. I won’t harm him.

*Kiba rises to his feet and then makes a halfhearted attempt to rise up on his hind legs. But then he just walk away to a corner, lies down and yawns.*

Genbu: ...

Seiryuu: Did you do that?

Genbu: Sadly, not all of it. It’s harder than I thought. But if this place affect our powers then it is possible that it is a little easier at home. But this is certainly something worth exploring.

19. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Harold: I’ve never done this before. I don’t really understand. How does it work exactly?

Marge: um.. How does what work?

Harold: this... magic..

Marge: oh. It’s very easy! I thought you’d know. Since you were in the squad and everything.

Harold: the only thing the squad taught me is that no matter how much you think you know, you can learn something new from someone with less experience everyday.

Marge: Are you saying I’m someone with ‘less experience’? How dare you?

Harold: no, my love, please show me?

Marge: ok. Wriggle your fingers and your toes. Keep doing that until you feel the surge... That’s good.. Now take little jumps.. do you feel the vibration? I know you do.. then one huge leap, snap your fingers and you just..

Harold: Um.. Marge?

Marge: ... disappear.....

Harold: Marge....? Can’t do it.. Marge..? It’s not working.. Umm......................... Marge........ ??

20. Gladiolus83

Zhuque: Hello, and welcome! Now who might you be, and what is your story?

Suzaku: Seems like you and I might not be the only couple here anymore, my angel.

Genbu: Invisibility?! That is something I have never seen before! How does that really work?!

dbesim likes this.
  21. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Harold: Umph! Well. Hello over there! You haven’t seen my wife by any chance? I’m still trying to figure that one out myself *scratches head*

Marge: Harold! I’m over heeeeerre! Harold! Over heeeeere!!

Harold: Eh?

22. Gladiolus83

Zhuque: Oh! Not just another couple but another married one at that! How did you meet?! How long have you guys been married?! Do you have any kids?!

Suzaku: Slow down, my angel.

Genbu: How do you think they will settle in if you bombard them with so many questions at once?

23. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katie: Okay, hang on. You’re asking me to attempt bloodbending? Because that’s about eight different levels of fucked up.

24. George Hosokawa

Archie: Breaking the fourth wall here. So Megumi, if our book were to get adapted into anime then which animation studio would it be?

Megumi: I would say either Lerche or MAPPA. The art style would be along the lines of To Love Ru and Gintama or Bleach, of course.

Archie: I see. Then who would our voice actors be?

Megumi: Masakazu Morita for you, Megumi Toyoguchi (we both have the same name!) for me, and Noriaki Sugiyama as Krishan.

Archie: If it gets an English dub then what will it be?

Megumi: Alessandro Juliani for you, Luci Christian for me, and Karan Brar for Krishan (since the two are of Indian ancestry, however, Karan is not a voice actor but it might be interesting to see him become one).

Archie: Interesting. Alright, what channel will it be if it gets aired in Japan?

Megumi: Fuji TV, apparently.

Archie: And in the United States?

Megumi: Adult Swim with the support of Funimation. Will that be all?

Archie: Yes. Let's just hope that our writer is putting in hard work if his book does get adapted into an anime series. However, popularity really does turn things around but it is unlikely that he will get his time to shine, don't you think?

Megumi: I agree.

Gladiolus83 likes this.
  25. Gladiolus83

Byakko: Hear that? Now if you dare try that shit on Kiba again...

Genbu: Oh, do not worry. I will not.

Suzaku: But you found the idea interesting...

Genbu: I still do. But as I said it is very difficult. Even if it is easier back home and I can get better with practice I doubt I will ever be able to do more than one target at a time. Which mean that it would be pretty much useless in battle. So it was an interesting experiment, but probably not worth the effort in the long run.