1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

is it just my computer, or does someone else see this?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Torana, Nov 27, 2008.

Ok I noticed that after yesterday, there have been a few changes. We can now report private messages, which I think is great to be honest. Plus there is a quick reply option to respond to private messages as well. I think these two new features are fabulous. I really do.

But I have noticed that when I view pages, not all the images... I guess that is what you would call them... appear properly. I have put up an image of what I see in the lounge with the stickied threads. (I have cut the section where the problem has arisen for myself so that is all you will see.) The rest of the area appears normal. Just the area below that doesn't.

[​IMG]

Does anyone else see this when they view the forum, or is it just my computer? I just want to know if it is my computer or not so I can fix the problem if it is.

Thank you kindly,

Torana.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I've found that the icons aren't loading on my computer either. And a number of other people have mentioned it. It might just be server lag...

3. StevenCarr

StevenCarr New Member

It most likely a server lag, it'll show the red X box on the top right. If that's the case it most likely is what you think.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

did the same for me just now...

but it's no loss, imo, since it's only those silly supposed 'rating' stars that don't show up... hopefully that means the option will be removed from the site, as it's meaningless... just one 'vote' gives a thread a top rating, so if you vote for your own thread and no one else does, it makes you look good...

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

It was actually image files that were corrupted when they were uploaded. I overwrote them, which should have fixed the problem.

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I'm still not seeing the star images, Daniel. Just to let you know.

7. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

That's unusual. They appear for me. Try clearing your cache - that should fix the issue.

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

They are probably due to recent slowdoens in server response. Icon downloads are probably timing out