1. badgerjelly

badgerjelly Contributor Contributor

Character/creature development and world building

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by badgerjelly, Jun 28, 2018.

Clumsy title, but difficult to say what I am looking for here.

Basically I have an ipad and I’m putting time into developing digital art skills. I am very much a beginner, but would like to collaborate with person/s by creating images from their character prompts.

I am not going for very lifelike compositions (they take too long and my attempts are really bad), but I do think I can throw together something reasonable in a more minimalist style.

atm I am working on faces and figures, but want to branch out into other areas of concept art (cityscapes, futuristic and/or fantasy) looking to use a small palette of colours to hone my ability.

So, I am asking people to post their ideas here along thr lines of an indepth description including backstory if necessary then I’ll try to throw an image together and post it here - don’t expect much!

I hope you will get something from this by having to give as good an impression of your mental image as you can using only words and that I get something from this by forcing myself to create the best rendering I can of your vision.

2. OB1

OB1 Active Member

I would be willing to oblige!

What are you after? PM me if you like!

3. badgerjelly

badgerjelly Contributor Contributor

Anything! Be it a character description, a building, vehicle, or even something as small as a vase, badge or coat of arms.

The more detail you can give the better, but the style will be in my hands for now (becasue I am exploring different techniques.)

You get the practice in giving a beautifully rendered piece of prose, an extract from a novel you’ve been working on and need to explore more, or part of a world building project of some kind. I am just looking for tasks set by other people so I can direct my current motivations and to draw things I wouldn’t usually try and draw.

OB1 likes this.