Character Development Clinic

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Mallory, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Manav

Manav New Member

Queations for Esmeralda Stellina:

1) When you wake up if you were to find that you no longer have your powers, how would you react?

2) What happens if your powers are not so unique in the new world you wake up? Meaning, many have the same power as you, and many are more powerful.

3) What happens if you were to find out that in the new world you can use your powers once and only once and then the powers would go away? How would you use your powers for one last time?

4) Somewhat similar with #3. Assuming you would meet people to care about in the new world and the number of times you can use your powers are limited. If you were in a situation where you either help the people you now care about or go after the evil forces from your past. Which one you would choose to do?

5) What is your first impression about the world you wake up in? What is the most awkward moment while interacting with the new people which underlines the fact that your "knowledge about the new world is outdated, inaccurate, or plain wrong"?

6) How willing are you to fit into the new world? How do you react to being not treated like a queen anymore?

7) On the other hand, if you are treated like a God by the new people because of your powers, will you take advantage of it in some way? If so, how?

Hope this helps.

2. demented-tiger

demented-tiger New Member

1) When you wake up if you were to find that you no longer have your powers, how would you react?
    The only way that could ever happen is if I woke up with a severe case of amnesia, in which case I would be terrified that my powers might flare up when I least expected them and I would forget how to control them, therefore hurting someone.

2) What happens if your powers are not so unique in the new world you wake up? Meaning, many have the same power as you, and many are more powerful.

I would be curious to know how powers similar to mine proliferated, and hopeful that someone could teach me why I had mine and give me the training I couldn't recieve back in my day on how to properly control my powers.

3) What happens if you were to find out that in the new world you can use your powers once and only once and then the powers would go away? How would you use your powers for one last time?
    I'm stumped. You might as well be asking me what I'd do if my 5 senses could only be used once, then go away. Besides, I don't really know what my powers are good for anyway except for fighting, which I can do just as easily with my sword and fists. I guess I'd try and help the most amount of people any way I could.

4) Somewhat similar with #3. Assuming you would meet people to care about in the new world and the number of times you can use your powers are limited. If you were in a situation where you either help the people you now care about or go after the evil forces from your past. Which one you would choose to do?
    I would definitely help the people I care about. Not that any evil forces from my past would be waiting for me - they were all defeated soon after I "died" - but if they were, they'd probably come after me, so my first duty would be to ensure my new friends didn't get caught up in my mess.

5) What is your first impression about the world you wake up in? What is the most awkward moment while interacting with the new people which underlines the fact that your "knowledge about the new world is outdated, inaccurate, or plain wrong"?
    Because I wake up in the same mountain castle I "died" in, I don't see anything different, other than the people who woke me up are dressed differently and carry strange weapons called "guns". It starts getting awkward when we reach a human village, and I see wagons that seem to drive themselves, tangles of steel cables, chamber pots that clean themselves, and other marvels my rescuers take for granted. It's even more awkward when I learn the one of my rescuers is a Crown Prince (the descendant of the man who was destined to be High King of all Mankind), yet he is treated like a commoner and acts like one too because of some revolt that nearly toppled his family from power - something unthinkable in my day, especially when the Crown Prince talks of this "constitutional monarchy" and "representative democracy" mumbo jumbo that he says has replaced good old fashioned royalty and nobility in most so-called "civilized" nations. As if there should still be nations after I helped the Crown Prince's ancestor get on the track unifying Mankind by forging an alliance between Marinians and his people, the Sierrians.

6) How willing are you to fit into the new world? How do you react to being not treated like a queen anymore?
    I'm fine with not being treated like a princess. Yes, really fine. In the meantime, I suppose I could try and help the Crown Prince and his mother, the High Queen, win back the gods given power and authority they were destined to have over Mankind, as I was supposed to do for thier ancestor. Though if I miss another spot on this window, I am going to scream. I'm a warrior-princess, not a maid!

7) On the other hand, if you are treated like a God by the new people because of your powers, will you take advantage of it in some way? If so, how?
    Hmmm... I know I probably shouldn't, considering these people have no imagination; but if they did worship me, I'd use it to restore thier sense of awe and wonder for the gods and stop with this nonsense about "science" and such. The Goddess of Wisdom gave Mankind all the knowlege we needed back when the first woman walked the earth. I would use my influence to reinforce that notion and return people back to the simple love and respect for the gods.

3. demented-tiger

oops, double post

4. Archnenna

Archnenna Active Member

Thumbs up for the thread. it's great! Can I get some questions for my girl? Please :D

Name: Marrilyn sottorro
    Nickname: Marril
    Occupation: a high school (she goes to the second grade of high school)

So Marril is just like any other teenage high school girl: hates school, rebels, hates orders given to her, just wants to be alone and live her life without school and bad grades and her mother's constant preaching about her grades. But there is also this one thing about her: she is telepathic and therefore can read and manipulate other people's mind and make them do as she pleases. So any other writer would write about her not using her powers, but I decided to go with the 'realistic' thing - she uses her powers to have fun and to her advantage (just admit it, people - who wouldn't?). Later she finds the necklace in her basement which belonged to her ancestor - it's the Diamond heart. Once she touches it, she gets photokinetic powers (the powers to manipulate and control light. Basically, she can create beams and produce a bit of warmth. It can be used in an offensive way and can hurt people quite badly). She is a being called the Guardian (because she has a gem Heart).

Next she has to use her powers to fight vampires. Because her powers are light, no vampire can harm her or they'd die if she uses her powers against them. That's her advantage to them. She has this great similarity to her ancestor, Selena, and some of the vampires that knew Selena often think she's like her, and even though she is like her, she isn't too similar to her.

Ethan, a vampire that dates her best friend so he can get more information about her, is in love with Selena, but wants her because of their similarity. That's why he's always nice to her. Belial, the main enemy, wants to kill her because Selena had hurt him and he wants the revenge because she reminds him so much of Selena.

Now why Belial can't hurt her. Steven Kasse (Steve) is her mother's boyfriend for two years now. He's actually her real dad whose name used to be Zane Sottorro, but changed it for reasons I won't tell here. Anyways, Belial wanted to kill Marril when she was a baby because her eyes were too much like Selena's. Steve decided to protect her and because he loved her and wanted to protect her so much, he himself developed a superpower himself - the power to block others' powers. He threatened Belial that if he ever hurts Marril, he'll find him, block his powers and when he's powerless, he'll kill him. He then left his family to fight the vampires around the world.

Marril is addicted to her powers and uses them whenever she gets a chance. She sometimes is being mean to other Guardians and she insluts them, only to erase their memories later. She sometimes even makes her mother not send her to school. But when Steve is around, she can't (I still haven't decided will he be able to blosk powers at will, or unintentionally). So she gets annoyed and for some times thinks Steve is the enemy.

When she finds out Steve's her dad, naturally she gets angry at both him and her mom. She even hurts her mom telepathically because she knew Steve is her dad and didn't tell her.

Selena, her evil ancestor, uses her poor emotional state and takes over her body. She and Ethan become lovers again (Selena even has sex with him and loses Marril's virginity), only to Selena later kill him when she gets what she wants - the information where Belial lives. She wanted to kill him. Marril knows of everything she's doing, but can't do anything because Selena is stronger. I won't reveal anything anymore.

Just about her powers: she does use it against other Guardians and parents and people and such, but she has made a deal with herself - that is to never use her powers to hurt or read or control the minds of her closest friends, except if it's needed.

So basically that's it. I'd like some questions to answer from her perspective because I think she either lacks or has more of some things and I'd like to improve or remove some things. Pretty please :)

5. Jaded Mist

Jaded Mist New Member

This thread = Epically. Sweet.

First, some questions for Marrilyn:

1) Under what circumstances do you deem it necessary to read/control the minds of your best friends?

2) If you were offered a the position of Chancellor/Emperor/President/Prime Minister, what would be your response?

3) Imagine, you've been captured by slave traders, for some reason they do not respond to your powers. You are sold and taken to your new dwelling place. There, you are treated harshly, there are too high expectations and you are punished when you do not meet them. Then swap it, what would you do if you got there and they treated you kindly, and gave you light work. Answer as though you powers did and didn't work.

4) What would you do/how would you feel if your mother developed powers?

5) How would you react if you found that whenever you used your power for your own pleasure, you experienced a great amount of pain? Would you stop? Keeping doing it anyways? Try to find a way around it?

6) Aaand, a completely random question. While at school, someone dumps hot chocolate down your back, ruining your new shirt and, obviously, causing no little pain. He blames it on someone else, someone you rather dislike. The question- Even though you know who really did it, do you punish the person that was blamed who you don't like anyways? Both of them? Only the one that dumped the chocolate down your back? Or neither?

And I would like to add one of my own characters to the mix...

Name: Kimbria
    Primary Goal and Motivation: To be freed of her curse. The curse is that nothing and no one can touch her or look into her eyes without either being seriously injured, or dying. Her motivation to be freed is that she hates being alone.
    She fears that she will live for thousands of years (for her curse provides her with immortality) without having the curse lifted, and that she will be alone for all those years.
    She lives on the streets, scorned, ridiculed, and feared by everyone. Eventually someone comes who is intended to help, but he is utterly unwilling to assist her, and is more interested in his own gain. That only bolsters her fear of never living normally again, and the guy couldn't care less until much later in her tale, when he finally is able to see past himself and try to help her.

I believe that is enough information for some questions, if not, feel free to ask.

Anyway. I'm sure she is quite eager to answer your questions... Fire away.

~JM

6. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Hi Kimbria,

1. You meet a potential lover who has a curse and powers of his own, such that he's able to touch you and make eye contact without being hurt by your curse (ignore the break of magical rules here). He is the only person who has this ability, so is the only person you could be with until you lose your own curse. He's interested in you, but here's the problem: he's also extremely controlling. He'd tell you who to hang out with, what to eat and not eat, what to wear and not wear, what time to be home every day, whether or not you can go out...basically, he's more controlling than the most authoritarian/domineering parent you've ever met. He never physically harms you, so it's just the power aspect. Would you be with him or not? would you rather be alone, or be domineered?

2. The cops talk to you on the street and ask you for an I.D. or something - basically, they find out that you're living on the streets and only 17. They plan to take you into foster care. How do you react and what do you do?

3. You're sleeping in a run-down park one night (hey, homeless) and a gang is planning to rape you. Do you try to get away, or do you let them touch you and then die? :)

Archenna, I'll ask some questions about M, but seeing as someone else answered let me wait til tonight...I'm in the news lab and should therefore probably be working. ;)

7. Mallory

Okay, still slacking off so why not. :)

Marrill:

1. What would you do if your mother confiscated the Diamond Heart saying that you have to focus on studies and getting into college, and fighting off vampires is her job because has to protect you as a parent?

2. Same as #1 but what if it was Steve?

3. What would you do if Steve and your mom spilt up?

4. What would you do if the entire school found out about your powers - like if you and your best friend got in a fight and she blabbed?

8. Archnenna

Archnenna Active Member

Thanks for the questions, Jaded Mist. Now to answer them:

1) Under what circumstances do you deem it necessary to read/control the minds of your best friends?
    If I see that they are acting differently, an example: if they seem depressed and suicidal, but they’re usually cheerful, I’d like to know what’s wrong with them, or if they are threatened by someone and refuse to tell or if they want to harm themselves.

2) If you were offered a the position of Chancellor/Emperor/President/Prime Minister, what would be your response?
    No, because people would expect a lot from me and I don’t like responsibility.

3) Imagine, you've been captured by slave traders, for some reason they do not respond to your powers. You are sold and taken to your new dwelling place. There, you are treated harshly, there are too high expectations and you are punished when you do not meet them. Then swap it, what would you do if you got there and they treated you kindly, and gave you light work. Answer as though you powers did and didn't work.

Situation 1: I’d probably try to rebel, but that’d get me killed. Or I’d kill myself. I appreciate my freedom.

Situation 2: a)With powers - I wouldn’t work. Why should I? If they needed the work done, they should work themselves. I ain’t anyone’s slave. I’d kill them immediately.
    b) Without powers - No way. I’d still not work. I’d run away.

4) What would you do/how would you feel if your mother developed powers?
    As long as they don’t interfere with mine, I wouldn’t mind her having powers. But I’d still be careful round her.

5) How would you react if you found that whenever you used your power for your own pleasure, you experienced a great amount of pain? Would you stop? Keeping doing it anyways? Try to find a way around it?
    I would not stop using them - instead, I’d use them more often to get used to the pain. And my friend’s blood has healing abilities, so I’d ask her if she could inject me with some of her blood. It might work.

6) Aaand, a completely random question. While at school, someone dumps hot chocolate down your back, ruining your new shirt and, obviously, causing no little pain. He blames it on someone else, someone you rather dislike. The question- Even though you know who really did it, do you punish the person that was blamed who you don't like anyways? Both of them? Only the one that dumped the chocolate down your back? Or neither?
    Both. The one who did it because I like to get even, and the one I dislike because I can.

This was fun. Now I’ll do your character, Kimbria:

1) You don’t like that curse, right? So let’s imagine you got freed from it. But suddenly your friends’, families and your own lives are in danger and the only way to save them is by receiving back the curse. What do you do?

2) Someone offers to rid you off the curse, but the condition is that you become their slave and pet for the rest of your life. Would you accept? Why not/yes?

3) The only way to get rid of your curse is to infect the whole world with it. If that happens, you’d be the only one ‘normal’ left. Would you do it?

4) What could make you use your curse to hurt or kill others intentionally?

9. Archnenna

Archnenna Active Member

1. What would you do if your mother confiscated the Diamond Heart saying that you have to focus on studies and getting into college, and fighting off vampires is her job because has to protect you as a parent?
    Make her give it back. She can't fight vampires herself anyway, because I'm chosen as the Heart's Guardian and as so I am the only one to have these powers. Only the Guardian's children will have them naturally, by inheriting them from their mother/father. She does not get them by getting the Diamond heart, they only are awakening when their Guardian touches the Heart and can be used if the Heart is not near by.

2. Same as #1 but what if it was Steve?
    Same thing.

3. What would you do if Steve and your mom spilt up?
    I'd be happy, but also a bit sad. Although I don't like Steve, I gotta admit he is a nice guy. But I wouldn't do anything; I'd get over it.

4. What would you do if the entire school found out about your powers - like if you and your best friend got in a fight and she blabbed?
    I would first hurt her. Really hard. Then I'd use my telepathy to erase everyone's memories. I'd probably hurt me and exhaust me, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Thanks for the questions, Mallory :D

10. SeverinR

SeverinR New Member

An old Favorite,

I have a group of characters that I have developed over time, one that really stands out, So I offer her for questions.

Delphi Enalpheron; aka Delphi-the cold
    Elf, illegitimate child of Dragonrider Enalpheron, (fully accepted by her father.)

Occupation: Assasin (male friend-Talgo comment: He is the best friends to her, as you can be with a homicidal maniac.)
    dress: Dresses provacatively to distract her opponents.

Background: enslaved in a foriegn land, tattooed with the mark of a imperial brothel worker, father was killed in the battle in which she was taken, she watched her mother die at the attackers hands.
    She was abused by nobles for several years, all while the unground worked with her teaching her to kill quickly and silently, basically an assasin for the crown (that enslaved her), when their target is at their weakest.

She is intolerant to rudeness, responds with violence quickly when confronted. Talgo is not safe from her violent ways. The mere mention of the clearly visible tatoo can set her off.
    She has a weakness for children and for young dragons.(She is the MC in visiting Blu, probably the first SS I will have reviewed.)

She has one sister, Danda who was in the Walled city during the attack, and was never enslaved.
    Delphi has since escaped, and has returned to live with her sister. They are adventurers. Neither sisters like their aristocratic lives(Dragon riders are equal to noble birth), Danda has seen the under side of Court politics, Delphi has experienced the worst in aristocratic life.

Danda is the only one she will show any sign of weakness too, also the only one she will allow to confront her without resorting to violence.
    She is distant, she will speak directly and not sugar coat anything.

She will not speak of anything that happened in the Brothel, not even to her sister.
    Socially acceptable; for the most part, she only threatens violence, occasionally the person will turn up dead, but she is never around when that happens. If she kills a person in public, it will be because the person drew on her. She can throw her knives as well as use them by hand.
    It is known that she has no visible weapon, but can pull one from her clothing quickly.

Killing does not bother her, she can kill a bar patron and sit down in the next instant and finish her ale or a meal. (if needed, she might use the same knife to cut her food?)

Is there anything I need to build this character? Currently she is in three books I am or have worked on. "Kin of the Dragonlord"(the first), Another story I don't remember the name of, and "Visiting Blu", and of course, the making of "Delphi the cold."

oh yes, She tries not to resort to intimate assasinations like she did when training. (ie kill them in bed.)

11. demented-tiger

questions for Marrilyn

1) How did you discover you had your powers?

2) Why do you continue using your powers for personal gain even though you know there are more important things to worry about than petty disputes?

3) What is so special about your friend that you won't use your powers against her, but won't hesitate to use them against your own mother and your allies (fellow Guardians)?

4) Before you became possessed, were you aware of your ancestor?

5) If you had to chose, which power would you sacrifice so you could concentrate on the other: telepathy or control over light.

I look forward to your responses, Archnenna; and if you don't mind, could you take a look at my character too?

12. Archnenna

Archnenna Active Member

@demented-tiger

1) How did you discover you had your powers?
    I've had telepathy since I was born. I thought everyone could read other people's minds, but I was proven wrong when my mom told me to start playing around. I discovered photokinesis by accident.

2) Why do you continue using your powers for personal gain even though you know there are more important things to worry about than petty disputes?
    Because I can and because they are mine. If you have great athletic skills, you'd use them to get an A and possibly to get a job later, right? It's the same with me.

3) What is so special about your friend that you won't use your powers against her, but won't hesitate to use them against your own mother and your allies (fellow Guardians)?
    Friends are those that carry most of my secrets. They know thhe real me and what I can do. Mom, on the other hand, has lied to me many times and I should spare her? No. And some of my fellow Guardians because I see some of those using people all the time. why can't I use them then? And this girl that looked at me oddly - she had no reason or so I thought. Later I discovered that she knew many things about my family and refused to tell. She deserves no privacy from me being that way.

4) Before you became possessed, were you aware of your ancestor?
    Yes. At the same tim I found the Diamond heart, I found her diary. After that, I started having these weird dreams, which turned out to be things that have happened to her.

5) If you had to chose, which power would you sacrifice so you could concentrate on the other: telepathy or control over light.
    Control over light. Telepathy's been with me for more time and I grew to it. The light thing is fine too, but if I really have to pick one, then telepathy.

Sure, I'd like to ask you some questions. Where is the information about your character?

13. demented-tiger

right here

14. Manav

Manav New Member

Questions for Kimbria (very nice name btw :)):

1) When you finally find a way to free yourself of the curse, are you absolutely sure you won't mind giving up immortality? why?(think about it carefully because answer to this could potentially determine the theme of your story)

2) The guy was suppose to help you but didn't in the beginning. What was your first impression of him? Were you attracted to him despite his unhelpful attitude? Will she fall in love with him from the beginning if they were to meet in normal circumstances?

3) What let him change his mind about helping you? Any particular incident?

4) What if you find a way to control and turn your curse into a boon (killing or injuring only when you want), but in exchange you have to sacrifice something/someone very precious to you? What will you do?

15. Mallory

Severin,

You haven't been forgotten about, I promise. I'll give you some questions tomorrow, but right now I just got home and it's 2 a.m. and I still have to shower and get my stuff ready for tomorrow with 4 hours of sleep - oh joy.

I'll interview you asap when I'm not so overworked! :) In the meantime can someone please help Severin out?

16. Archnenna

Archnenna Active Member

For demented-tiger:

So, Esmeralda Stellina (I love the name)...

1) You used to be a princess, right? How did you feel about it? Did you like it? Hate is? Why?

2) What is your opinion on arranged marriages?

3) Do you like how the world is now, or do you like more the world from thousand years ago? Why?

4) If someone tried to rape you, what would you do?

5) Would you ever use your powers for evil? Explain why.

6) Do you trust strangers? Would you be able to trust a stranger if he offered you his help?

7) What would you do if you got in the next situation: your mother and your best and closest friend are kidnapped by someone and the kidnapper wants you to pick one that would be saved; the other one would die. Who do you pick?

8) It’s the ice age all over again. Do you expose your powers to the public in order to warm the surroundings up and help people survive, or you only warm up yourself?

9) Someone offers you to take away your powers. Do you accept?

10) Someone takes away your powers by force. What do you do? What is your reaction to that?

17. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Questions for Severin and Delphi Enalpheron
    1) What would Delphi choose to wear if she was living in your world ?
    2) How did her first kill feel ?
    3) She meets a handsome, comfortable man, easy going he asks her to marry him what qualities does he need to have for her to say yes??
    4) What does she prefer by means of assassination and why?
    5) How did she become and assassin?
    6) She falls on very hard times, political situations change she starts up a brothel of her own – how does she run it?

1 person likes this.
  18. Mallory

Thanks Elgaisma - more questions for Delphi:

1. What was your most traumatic experience at the brothel? ( you said you won't talk about it, but I'm your shrink so it's okay ;) )

2. What types of day-to-day events, incidents, people's comments etc spark said trauma, and how do you react when it's sparked?

3. What are the three key things most important to you in any romantic relationship you might have? (i.e. must have independence, he must be nice, he must be good with kids, whatever may apply to you).

4. What are the three key things you would NOT tolerate - what would you end a relationship over?

5. You say you won't assassinate while sleeping with someone like you did in training. What if you're sleeping with someone you like who you think is a good guy, then he mentions something (whilst in the sack together) that lets you know he is actually one of your main villains/enemy spies/etc?

6. If you had a major fight with Danda -- something that made you hostile for a long period of time and really hurts you -- what would cause the conflict?

19. demented-tiger

1) You used to be a princess, right? How did you feel about it? Did you like it? Hate is? Why?
    Well, let's see: my family's palace was built right on the waterfront with our living quarters opening up right into the warm, tropical water, our estate included white sandy beaches, I got to kick the you-know-what out of my weapons trainer one moment, then put on a pretty dress the next; I learned to read and write, I commanded my own army of servants, I had the finest Sierrian jewelry of silver, gold, platinum, aluminum, and precious stones... Shall I go on?

2) What is your opinion on arranged marriages?
    I envy my sister on that one. She got set up with a real nice nobleman, and from what I read in the history books, was very content. Same with my brother and his wife. I suppose that was partially because my parents took thier opinions into consideration before entering into negotiations with thier future in-laws. I was never given the opportunity to marry like them - just a nice "Oh, I'm glad you like him.", then nothing more. I suppose that was because the gods themselves had arranged a match for me with the future High King Soliarous, but I "died" before we could even confess our feelings. Then he married a Sierrian bride, grew old, and died. These days, I feel arranged marriages could really help preserve the few noble bloodlines left in the world. Nowadays, nobles (even kings and queens) can marry just about anyone they choose. It's scandalous!

3) Do you like how the world is now, or do you like more the world from thousand years ago? Why?
    I like my old world. Back then, everything was so much simpler. Nobles, especially royalty were loved and respected (provided they treated thier subjects nicely). People used to love and respect the gods too, and didn't have this garbage about "science" and "reason". Magic used to be respected just as much, if not more-so than common telepathy and telekinesis; and everything was just so much slower and more relaxed. Sure its safer in this new world for a buxom woman to travel alone, but there is no longer any excitement or thrill of adventure in this new world. People take everything here for granted.

4) If someone tried to rape you, what would you do?
    I would kick them so hard, they'd cough up thier you-know-whats. And if that didn't stop them, I'd pretend to give in just enough so I could literally unscrew thier head.

5) Would you ever use your powers for evil? Explain why.
    No, absolutely not. I got into that crystal because I was fighting evil, and I am not going to use my powers to assist the same forces that put my life on hold for 1000 years while all my friends and family moved on, grew old, and died while I remained unchanged at 17.

6) Do you trust strangers? Would you be able to trust a stranger if he offered you his help?
    Normally, I don't trust strangers. I prefer to do things on my own. But when I am woken up, I have no other choice but to trust a stranger since I am disoriented - I was asleep for 1000 years, for the gods' sakes - and am in a completely new time period where everything I know has changed.

7) What would you do if you got in the next situation: your mother and your best and closest friend are kidnapped by someone and the kidnapper wants you to pick one that would be saved; the other one would die. Who do you pick?
    I wouldn't want to, but I'd have no other choice but to flash a brilliant beam of light at the kidnapper, then watch him or her die a horrible death of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and the most hideous burns. Then I would rescue both my mom and my friend.

8) It’s the ice age all over again. Do you expose your powers to the public in order to warm the surroundings up and help people survive, or you only warm up yourself?
    Okay, "Ice Age" - hmm... Oh yes, big glaciers everywhere... Right... Well, I would use my powers to warm things up, and when the glacier spirits became upset that I was melting thier glaciers, I'd tell them to get back into the alpine ice fields and the poles where they belonged, or I'd melt all thier glaciers. Then we'll see how "science" and "reason" stand up to magic!

9) Someone offers you to take away your powers. Do you accept?
    I would find that highly amusing. I would offer them my sense of smell too, since taking that would be just as easy as "taking away" my powers. And even if that was possible, of course I'd refuse.

10) Someone takes away your powers by force. What do you do? What is your reaction to that?
    Honestly, I am not sure how to answer this one. In my world, taking someone's powers would be like taking someone's 5 senses. I suppose I'd just take them right back, and then some - possibly even thier life too.

20. Mystic_snowfang

Mystic_snowfang New Member

(I'll post some questions here as soon as I've finished my chores)

21. Jaded Mist

Jaded Mist New Member

Thank you for the questions, Archnenna.

1) You don’t like that curse, right? So let’s imagine you got freed from it. But suddenly your friends’, families and your own lives are in danger and the only way to save them is by receiving back the curse. What do you do?
    Well, I don't really have any friends or family... No family that I know of, I mean. If I were in that sort of situation, I'm not sure... I really, really hate this curse, and I don't know what it is to have family or friends. I suppose if I really cared about someone and had someone who cared about me, like I've imagined, I would care enough to take back the curse... But I honestly don't know for sure.

2) Someone offers to rid you off the curse, but the condition is that you become their slave and pet for the rest of your life. Would you accept? Why not/yes?
    Yes, I would definitely accept. At least then there is hope. They could die before me, thus freeing me of being a slave, and even if they didn't, at least I would be able to be around others without killing them.

3) The only way to get rid of your curse is to infect the whole world with it. If that happens, you’d be the only one ‘normal’ left. Would you do it?
    That's... a hard question. I wouldn't wish this curse on anyone, please don't get me wrong. But if everyone had the curse, no one would be different, yes, except for me, so they would learn to adapt and it wouldn't be so bad. And I'd probably end up being killed, which is way better than being isolated. And they would probably be able to touch each other since the curse rules out death, so really they wouldn't be so badly off... So, yes, after debate, I may well do it. ... now I sound like a horrible person. Stars in the sky, these questions are hard.

4) What could make you use your curse to hurt or kill others intentionally?
    Um. I have never used my curse to intentionally kill someone, but if I saw someone threatening another's life wrongly, I would use my curse to hurt or kill the offender. I don't really have to worry about it for myself since I can't die... if someone tried to badly hurt me, more than just throwing stones and driving me off, I would probably hurt them into letting me free.

And thank you, Manav, for the questions and compliment to her name.

1) When you finally find a way to free yourself of the curse, are you absolutely sure you won't mind giving up immortality? why?(think about it carefully because answer to this could potentially determine the theme of your story)
    I am absolutely, totally, without a shadow of a doubt, sure of it. Do you have any idea what it is like to not be touched for a hundred years, but still have vague memories of being held by a mother? What it is like to not have one person meet your gaze, to treat you like a normal person? To not be afraid or angry with you? Maybe if I had no memory of having someone close to me, or didn't see what joy it brought others to have companionship, my answer would be different. But I would gladly live with the knowledge that I'll die one day, and have people close to me, than know I'll live forever without. Because I hate being alone and seeing everyone else having someone.

2) The guy was suppose to help you but didn't in the beginning. What was your first impression of him? Were you attracted to him despite his unhelpful attitude? Will she fall in love with him from the beginning if they were to meet in normal circumstances?
    When I first saw him, I knew he was the one that was suppose to help me. My first impression was that he was scared(he was sort of lost when I met him, long story) and confused. Very first impression. Once he got his feet I decided he was either very self centered or totally wasn't getting what I was trying to explain to him about his helping lift the curse. I think it was a mixture of both... No, I wasn't attracted to him at all, aside from the fact he was supposed to help with the stupid curse. I started to really have some doubts that he was the one.
    Me: I'm assuming you're asking "WOULD she fall in love with him from the beginning if they were to meet in normal circumstances".
    Kimbria: NO. ... selfish people irritate me, and he isn't the kind to try to get people to like him. And we wouldn't have met in other circumstances anyways, really...

3) What let him change his mind about helping you? Any particular incident?
    Partly it was him steadily growing and changing, but something happened in his year right after we decided to split up that really helped him see what needed to happen. By "his year" I mean the year 2011. We're both from different time periods, and we keep hopping back and forth. It is actually a bit confusing... Anyways, it was also a change on my part, to not be focusing on myself all the time and not see the problem he had to deal with too.

4) What if you find a way to control and turn your curse into a boon (killing or injuring only when you want), but in exchange you have to sacrifice something/someone very precious to you? What will you do?
    So I would choose between still having it and being able to control it? First, I don't have anything or anyone precious to me, unless you count the guy who helps me out, but I don't really start caring for him until the end of the book. which is a little depressing actually. In answer to your question... probably not.

22. SeverinR

SeverinR New Member

She hates the brothel, she may pretend to be a whore, but she would never
    push another woman into the business. She was a sex slave, so she never earned money that way, but she would never consider doing it for money either. She would kill for money, even killing more wealthy people just for money, even though she disliked it, long before looking to exploit other women

23. SeverinR

SeverinR New Member

Rough week since posting this, so I didn't miss anything. (Dr appt, taking kids here and there, car trouble etc)

Sore point is the happiness Danda felt with her life, while Delphi was enslaved.
    Their fathers death was the result of a counter attack, with the hopes of finding Delphi, so both lost their father to that battle. Even more their fathers dragon was killed too, trusted friend to both.
    Delphi could in the heat of anger consider killing her sister, but if she did kill her that would be the end of Delphi, as Danda is the only person she can relax around. Delphi would stop being social, and kill without regard to laws.

Good questions, like I said, I am working on her story now, some of these questions will be answered in the work. Not sure if it will be interesting enough to make into a book, or just use as history, but it has been good so far, imo.
    (and alot more indepth history then any other character I have created.)

24. FictionAddict

FictionAddict New Member

I want to play, too!

A few questions for Kimbria came to mind while reading her answers above.

1. Would you use your curse to kill the person who put it upon you?
    2. If the man you love needed your help against people hurting him, would you use your curse against them?
    3. What/Who comes to your mind when you hear the word 'revenge' ?
    4. Besides you curse, what are other things you think about? What do you like to do?
    5. What would you change about your past so that this curse wouldn't be thrown upon you?

I'm deciding which of my characters I know less to bring to exposition here... I'll come back later with one of them.

25. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

Am I allowed to post about a character without asking questions? I'm taking that chance, because I'm too tired to think properly, but I'm on an “inspiration high” right now and need to write. I'm writing a story that was originally for my cousin, but as I began working on it seriously, I'm really starting to love it. The problem is the main character. I'm afraid she's a bit bland compared to the rest of characters.

Rika (age 18) is the crown princess (my cousin LOVES princesses) of the Land of Sun. She is quite small and almost frail, has beautiful long, black, hair and brown eyes. She is very intelligent, kind and mature, so when the kingdom is in danger, she decides to save it without hesitation. She is not physically strong though, and brings along her younger sister who is a very strong sword fighter, and they pick up a strange man along the way that agrees to serve as their guide in the Land of Snow, where they are heading.

Her currently only proper flaw is that through most of the story, she is pretty much in denial about how serious things actually are, and has a breakdown when she finally understand that the whole world is in her hands (they need a magical sword that can only be used by a first born with royal blood). However, with the help of the others she pulls herself together. But yeah, I still think she is pretty bland, so some questions to help develop her personality and back story would help.