1. Tallandboring

Tallandboring New Member

Character development scenes

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Tallandboring, Sep 13, 2011.

I love to write short stories for character development, but I am not the best at coming up with scenes to write.
    What kind of scenes do you use, if any?

2. Flashfire07

Flashfire07 Active Member

I mostly use high drama scenes, the aftermath of a fight or an injury tend to be the most common scenes I write, possibly due to the high level of violence in my stories.

3. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

^ Oooh, I should try writing some of those. :)

I'd also suggest breakup scenes, or scenes where two best friends have an unrepairable rift, or see each other after drifting apart when they know things can never be the same again. Lots of emotion involved there.

Or, if it's a group of 4-5 people, stick them in the same confined space, then give them a problem that they have to collaborate on to deal with. Different people will react in different ways, and you can really highlight that in the group setting.

4. Tallandboring

Tallandboring New Member

Thank you Mallory, the confined space/problem idea worked really well for me, I was able to write a good scene earlier.
    Thank you!

5. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

right now I'm experimenting with the character development in the every day life-scenes. in this story I think it works just fine, it's no action-novel anyway. :) but I guess even action scenes can work fine for that purpose, even though i think people in moments of high tension can show sides of themselves that normally won't appear, but in some cases that is exactly what you want.