Character Interview

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Leaka, Dec 21, 2008.

1. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

What sort of trama's has led David to be the way he has? Has he sought treatment? If so, was it of his own doing or was he ordered? Where is the mother of his dead son?

2. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

Trying to resume things with an old flame suggusts that you wish to pick up where you left off 2 years ago. Is that what you want, to resume things as if you never left?

David's life has been one trauma after another. He's experienced unknown traumas during his time in the service. His time in the service gave him some disturbing views which gradually built up during his marriage, eventually straining it greatly. After his son died, David spent a month recovering and fighting DUI charges. After he gets out, he returns home to find that his wife has left him. (She blames him for her son's death, so it's understandable that it'd be enough to drive her away from him for good) From this point, David makes an attempt to find his son but his first attempt isn't planned out well and lands him in jail. He suffers a complete mental breakdown and spends five year in a mental hospital before breaking out near the beginning of the story.

3. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

I wouldn't really say 'as if I never left'. I'm actually looking for more this time. I've gotten to know Brooke fairly well over the past few years and consider her one of my closest friends. My feelings are a lot stronger for her this time around. I feel like we have a real connection. I suppose you could say I'm looking for something meaningful and longterm. Hopefully she'll feel the same way. I understand, however, that if there is a problem transitioning into this it may cause a rift in the friendship. For this reason, I'm taking things slowly. I'm keeping myself at a distance and hoping things work out. Besides, there's that dirtbag waste of space, Kyle, to worry about. -mutters a string of profanities under his breath-

4. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

Breaking out of a mental hospital? That takes some skill. How did you go about doing that? Was there someone on the inside that helped you out? Were you close with the guards/staff? While you were there did you attempt to change your ways? Or were you convinced there was nothing wrong with you? Five years is a long time; how did you spend your time?

5. Show

Why is Kyle such a dirtbag? Is it not reasonable to assume that Brooke would have moved on after you have broken up? Does so show any signs of being interested in resuming your relationship?

David experienced many horrors during his service in the millitary. His one goal was surviving, and escaping threats. He knows how to kill, and with his conscious stripped due to his mental issues, he can kill without flinching. The securities were easily overtaken. Since it was done at night, and also done quietly, there was minimal resistance.

David was in a trans until he saw Robby on the screen, and become convinced that Robby was Stephen. He didn't have the mental capacity to change.

6. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

Brooke and I didn't so much break up as make a mutual decision to end things. We weren't actually together, and extenuating circumstances led to us having to keep things plutontic. Particularly, moving away and starting school. Yes, Brooke does show signs of being interested, but she's always been fairly open with me and I can't be sure if it's just friendly flirting or more. Yes, I would assume she had moved on, but the case with Kyle is different. He's just bad news. They met in college through mutual friends, or so I've been told. He's an alcoholic, and is heavily into drugs. I don't even know what possessed her to start dating him. He's taken her down a road that she should have known better than to follow. More than anything, I'm trying to get her out of it. But it's hard. She needs to make the decision to move on. I care about her, and don't want anything to happen to her.

What screen is this that David is seeing Robby on How did he come across this? Does Robby resemble Stephen, or is David so far gone he just can't not believe?

7. Show

It's very admirable that you care about her. But isn't it a bit presumptuous of you to think that she will resume things with you romantically? And does she know what Kyle is into? Or is she being kept in the dark about it?

Robby was on TV being interviewed with friend/surrogate brother Joey. Robby won a state Mathematics Bee with Joey's help. So the local news interviewed them. David was in a room where the TV was on, and it was tuned into the channel on which the interview was being broadcast.

Robby doesn't resemble Stephen much, aside from being in the same age range. David is just so far gone from reality, that he is allowing himself to be fooled by his own delusions.

8. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

I don't assume anything. She is free to feel however she likes. Yes, I would like for her to be interested, but I can change what isn't there. Like any human with a crush, I find things in the way she acts towards me, and put my own spin on them; make them work in my favour. Yes, I could be reaching, but I'm also not deluding myself. I'm aware the world does not revolve around me. I have my own issues to deal with, particularly my mother, and do not intend to expend all my energy on Brooke. I would love for things to work out, but I'd rather keep our strong friendship in tact that ruin it by pushing too hard.

Brooke is fully aware of Kyle's tendencies. This is the reason I'm so blown away by her decision to walk openly into the situation. She had known from the beginning what sort of person he was. I'm sure he claimed he could change for her, but I'm worried he's using her. He's the kind of guy who prays on weak girls. She's kind of a push over which sends my overprotectiveness into high gear. I'd like to beat the guy into next Tuesday, but it would put tension between me and Brooke. So, instead, I stand back and put in my two cents where I can. Hopefully I can get through to her before it's too late.

I can't think of anymore questions for David... haha :s

9. Show

I'm stuck on anything further for Brody too. Maybe I should pick another character.

My character list is on the first page. You may interview another of the characters if you wish.

10. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

Alright, well I'll definitely look into doing some questions for the three boys. Right now, I need to get me some sleep. I'll be back :)

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

David, have you realized there your mind might not exactly be the most tangible thing in the world?

12. Show

Pleasant dreams
    I don't think he's realized that yet.(Probably never will) lol If anything, he thinks his mind is superior to others in that he sees something that others do not. (This too plays into the story's primary twist) This isn't just limited to the fact that he believes his son(who is really dead) to be alive, but also to his views on life and death in general.

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

David, are you afraid of yourself or pain in anyway? May it be emotional or physical.

14. Show

David doesn't fear himself, and I don't think he fears pain as much as he despises it. He has accepted it as part of the world, something that is unavoidable. But he does believe that one can escape pain. (I am so going to have to reveal the story's biggest twist aren't I? lol)

15. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

Joey, what draws you to Robby so strongly? What about him made you want to befried such a young boy? What sort of interests do you share?

Losing your parents is such a tragedy, especially at such a young age. How did it happen? Where were you? What events unfolded afterwards?

16. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

[Well you just tell me when you have David or you think you understand David more]

17. Malice

Malice New Member

oh god I have so much trouble making my charaters 'come alive'. somebody help me please >_<

Wolfgang is a piano prodigy. He's 18 now but he's been playing since age 4. He's kind of a smart-ass at times but is generally pretty cool. He's sort of an outcast and has this really good friend, Mina, who he likes a bit more than a friend. Anyway he tunes pianos at this company right now (and school) but none of his co workers really know that he can play until he is 'discovered' when somebody overhears him. He wants to play at this really prestigious concert hall in europe but doesn't know how to turn his love of music into a career.

Mina is his best friend, she's his age and they 'like' each other (is this too cliche`?). She has a style similar to his. They are into the same music, dress relitively similar, etc. She's known him since first grade. She's kind of his muse, as well as his motivation. When he's not feeling well she's always there to cheer him on.

so throw some questions at me, lol. thanks :)

18. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Malic for which character do you want me to ask questions? Both?

19. Malice

Malice New Member

sure! that would help a lot thank you :)

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Okay I will ask Mina questions because she seems to be the less developed one, then I'll ask the prodigy.

Mina, are there other things in your life other then music, are there things you can't agree on with Wolfgang?

21. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

my post got orphaned on the previous page and I wanted to make sure Show didn't miss it. Spent all our time focused on David and forgot about the poor protagonists. LOL.

22. Show

I guess that's good. Sweetchaos can help me out with the Protagonists now.

Ah, yes, I missed it. lol Thanks!

Ok, well let's see. Joey sees himself in Robby, sensative, quiet, lonely, orphaned. Unlike Robby, Joey didn't have anybody to look up to. Then when he's in his early teens, he meets a young kid that reminds him so much of himself. The two quickly become surrogate brothers and begin to spend most of their time hanging out like brothers do. IDK if the two share many mutual interests, as even brothers are different. But like brothers, differences aren't a hindrance.

Hmmmm, you are still talking to Joey right? lol You know, I never did think about how either became an orphan. It's never really addressed in the story due to it not being relevant. Joey needs a few minutes to think about this answer. ;)

Ok now, Brooke, what draws you to this Kyle guy? Why do you hang out with him, even knowing all of these things that he does?

23. Malice

Malice New Member

Music is a very big part of my life so it's cool that Wolfie and I agree on it. But there are things that we cannot agree on, yes. For instance, Wolfgang doesn't manage his time well. I'm always tring to tell him to get away from the piano and do his homework, or call his parents (they're in Austria). But he always insists that his compsitions are more important than anything else.

Thanks Leaka ! :)

24. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

[No problem I didn't put this thread up not to help...that would be rude.]

Mina, are there things you wish Wolfgang would change on? Are there things you can't stand about him?[This is more on his personality and her personality]

25. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

I don't know, really. It was my first year away from home... and I was feeling lonely. He just happened to be there, I guess. He was cute and friendly; I couldn't help but be attracted to him. Things just got out of hand, I guess. I don't know. Why can't everyone just drop this? I know what he does, but I don't care....I don't care.

(sorry, trying to get her indecision and defensivness over this whole situtation just right. I don't know if I did it quite right here. It still seems...sticky. lol)