Character Interview

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Leaka, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

Why are his bad habits so easily overlooked by you? I'm sure there are lots of attractive, cute, and friendly guys out there not into drugs and other dangerous things.

(Still trying to think about Joey's parent's death, I'm going to beat around the bush.) It isn't relevent why Joey's parents died. The point is that they died. Although he didn't have to watch them die, Joey is still scarred by it. He became introverted because of it. Meeting Robby gave him somebody else to care about again. The same could be said of Robby I guess. (Sorry, lol, I never did consider how the parents died because it's never really a relevent issue to the story)

2. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

As a sidenote to your comment there: It may not be relevant to the story line, but it's relevant to your character development and helps to bring them to life. Joey's parent's death probably had a profound affect on him. Did they die suddenly (car crash, natural disaster, etc)? If so, having them taken from him suddenly would be somewhat tramatic. Was he there? Did he see them? Were they murdered in front of him? Where was he when all this happened?

Or, did they die of a long-term illness such as cancer? If so, he would have had his chance to say goodbye and might have had some closure. Were there any last words of advice given? Did it give him strength to go on or completely destroy him?

Things that happened in your characters llives, no matter how distant in the past, effect their personalities and actions of today. So, I would advise at least coming up with a general idea of how they were killed/died. Even if it is never mentioned in the story, it will help you get a sense of why your character is they way he is, does the things he does, and thinks the things he does.

...just a thought. :)

3. Show

My guess is that it was sudden, but not murder and not in his presence. Car crash could work I guess. Or maybe a fire. It's not really that essnetial so I guess it doesn't have to be too specific. Joey was fairly young when it happened so I guess he learned to fend for himself. I guess it could also explain why he isn't easy-going.

4. Malice

Malice New Member

I think Wolfgang is kind of arrogant sometimes. Not to the point where it's really rude, but it does get annoying. Whenever his music comes up in conversation, he has to mention how great he is. I feel like I need to tell him to shut up sometimes. But regardless of how familiar we are with each other, I can't say that to him because I love him too much to even jokingly get mad at him. I guess that's insecurity on my part.

5. Asuran

Asuran New Member

Gaudete is a 20 year old woman who grew up wanting to be a swordfighter and an exorcist.The only problem is that in her culture women are viewed as housemakers generally. She was tired of not being taken seriously as a swordfighter so she dresses as a man and sets out to join an army. She is stubborn, strong-willed, and very brusque. She won't do anything she sees as unneccesary but she is always very gracious about it. Her major strength is her skill; she is an expert fighter. Her major flaw is her secret; she must constantly hide her gender to even her dearest friends.

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Mina, What do you think about your music? What do you think about yourself?

[Asuran I'll get to you soon, I have Wolfgang still left to do and whoever else who's still in here that needs help....maybe I make a wait list]

7. captain kate

captain kate Senior Member

Hello, my name is Katherine Elizabeth Almir...you can call me Kate. Do not call me Katie...God I hate being called that. It brings back lots of bad memories and pisses me off. I am an orphan, I don't know who my parents are, or what they did. My first memories are of being in the Gladiator Games on the planet Necko, my life owned by a Games Master named Ferini. He also repeatedly raped me when I was younger until I grew tired of the killing of the "games" and escape with a friend.

I wish that was the end of my story, but it wasn't. A stupid guard of Ferini's tried to stop my friend and I with a pulse grenade, which I sacrificed myself to save her. Instead of dying, Interstellar Fleet Intelligence decided to replaced my destroyed eyes, arms and legs with cybernetic bionics. In return, I had to join Intelligence and be a trained Government Killer.

Well that went over like a lead brick with some people in Intelligence. However, it was when I saved the Interstellar Alliance's President from terrorists that I became a household name. Known only by my nick name "The Banshee" people shuddered in fear of me. If only I wanted to be that person!

After suffering from nightmares, the Intelligence Chief, Rear Admiral Claudio Reyes, transferred me into regular Fleet service. I have since climbed up to the rank of Captain and command my own cruiser, the I.A.S. Roanoke. Earlier in my life, there were attempts on my life, but there hasn't been one for three years now. Maybe I can relax and enjoy my life finally.

I am trained in every weapon that Marines and Fleet have, and am Top Gun certified in the Fleet's newest fighter, the M-22. Having been the best ever graduate from Top Gun, there isn't anyone who can pilot a fighter better then I. After receiving further training from a Sensi while in basic training, I am a master with my Katana also.

If anyone wants to know anything else about me, I'll be happy to answer their question.

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

[Captain Kate as I told Asuran, I have some questions for other characters on my plate, but I will get to you as quickly as I can.]

9. Malice

Malice New Member

All in all I'm relitively self confidant. But I can have those moods, like everyone does, where I feel stupid or useless but Wolfgang is always there to convince me otherwise. Music is my life. Wolfgang plays classical, and I'm more of a metal person myself, but I really do like his playing.

10. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Mina, tell me a little bit more about this metal. Have you ever tried to pursue metal?

11. Malice

Malice New Member

I can play a little bit of guitar. (I also play flute but that has nothing to do with metal and my parents forced me to play that, haha). I can play a few of my favorite songs on guitar. I listen to a few German metal bands, and Wolfgang translates the lyrics for me, which usually results in a comment of "Why do you listen to this?" and a few laughs.

12. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Mina, is music you true passion? Or is it your passion only because you are surrounded by Wolfgang, he sounds like a influence on you? Are you certain that is your passion or are you trying to capture Wolfgang's passion as your own only because you are influenced by his?

13. Malice

Malice New Member

Actually I cannot say that music is my true passion. I am more interested in art, poetry, things like that. Music really makes a difference in my life, but I don't see myself making a career out of it like Wolfgang. I think that because I am so immersed in music all the time, on account of how much time I spend with Wolfgang, I confuse that with music being my passion. It's almost like I want music to be my passion, I want to be more musically involved, but I'm not. It might be my own unconcious way of trying to impress him.

14. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Thank you Mina...now I will go onto Wolfgang.

Wolfgang, what made you want to get into music? Was one of your parents a record your heard?

15. Malice

Malice New Member

It's hard to to say actually. My parents are not very musical. In fact, I was not even exposed to much music as a kid. But there was this one time when I was wondering around Vienna (I was born there) and I went to a shopping mall to find a gentleman playing a piano in a music store. Everybody was clapping for him. I can remember precisely what he was playing-the Turkish March by Mozart. The minute I got home I sat at the Piano and played it. My parents were shocked, but it was just a hobby for me. I found it fun. While most of my friends were teasing girls and playing with transformers, I was writing music.

16. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Wolfgang, its odd how you use the words its just a hobby for me. Is this how you feel now? Do you still view music as a hobby? Or has music suddenly become your world?

17. Malice

Malice New Member

When I was younger I had really no recognition of how I could actually make music a career. When you're a kid you really don't think about what you want your lifetime career to be. But as I got older, It dawned on me that music really was my everything. I was about twelve when I decided that music was truly my passion. Music is still a hobby. But now it's much more than that, at the same time. It's something that I like doing, and yet obligate myself to do. If I have a concerto to write, I have to make myself finish it in a certain amount of time. Even if I do have fun doing it, fun is no longer my first priorty. My first priority is getting recognized so I can play in Vienna some day.

18. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

[I'm soooooooooo sorrry about not answering sooner...I need to think of a question]
    (And I still have a ton of other interviews with other people, I really am sorry guys real sorry)

Wolfgang, why is music so much harder? Shouldn't it be more simple? What made it harder?

Hey if anyone gets the chance I actually need some help. Its a sci-fi story about 6 scientist who are kidnapped and placed in a space craft when they are asleep. They settle on planets every few hours and only have an hour each for each planet.
    I only need help with maybe 4 scientist of the 6. Maybe 4, the 3 most certainly.
    I have Jim he is the nerdy one, Brian he looks like a military kind of guy and even has a bit of a military attitude, and Wago the lead scientist of the program he's the one I need the most help with he seems kind and compassionate and thinks about people's thoughts and emotions, but that is about it. Then this is the one I may need help his name is Allan, he is a twenty-five year old genius, he is quick tempered and blind, but that's all about there is.
    Thank you for whom ever wants to help.

19. Show

Glad to see this is back up! :)

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Sometimes questions don't come to me as quickly as I need them to.
    Especially since I want the goal to help everyone think deeply. I do apologize for failing everyone.

21. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

I'm ready for an interview, Leaka. ;)

I think this will be fun!

Let's see . . . I have a character named Christian Ryder. (Yes, I did choose the kick-butt name!) He is 18 years old, with an adventurous, bold, and brave personality. Sometimes his hard-headedness can get him into unlucky situations, and he isn't necessarily the wisest guardian of the galaxy. He makes friends easily, is very diplomatic and likeable and incredibly smart. He is a guardian, after all, and guardians are technically very smart people. His best friend is also his mentor, an older guardian who is currently nameless.

I don't really feel like listing anything else, so ask away! :)

22. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Hey if anyone gets the chance I actually need some help. Its a sci-fi story about 6 scientist who are kidnapped and placed in a space craft when they are asleep. They settle on planets every few hours and only have an hour each for each planet.
    I only need help with maybe 4 scientist of the 6. Maybe 4, the 3 most certainly.
    I have Jim he is the nerdy one, Brian he looks like a military kind of guy and even has a bit of a military attitude, and Wago the lead scientist of the program he's the one I need the most help with he seems kind and compassionate and thinks about people's thoughts and emotions, but that is about it. Then this is the one I may need help his name is Allan, he is a twenty-five year old genius, he is quick tempered and blind, but that's all about there is.
    Thank you for whom ever wants to help.

List of Interviews:
    Dark Red= Maybe Still Needs Interview
    Green= Hot New Interview

Christian Ryder-Fantasy Writer
    Woflgang-Malice

[Yeah for kick butt name]

Christian Ryder, may I ask what made you want to become a guardian?

23. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

[Isn't it just wonderful? Oh, and I might be able to help. Do you want me to interview Wago?]

"Actually, I was taken in at a young age by the guardians. I had showed signs of supernatural abilities and an "unlocked" brain. I was trained by the masters as a boy, and I'm told I show great promise."

24. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

[Yeah please interview Wago, he is the least developed I think]

Christian, do you feel that somehow you are chained by this great promise that you show? Does this great promise you show weigh you down in the sense that you feel the guardians expect more of you?

25. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

[Sure thing]

"I suppose so . . . Guardians must deal with a heavy burden. We're the protectors of the galaxy, and I'm expected to be . . . Well, perfect. I don't feel that the guardians expect any more of me, though. I try my best, and they understand that. I think . . ."

Wago, what made you want to lead this scientific expedition?