Character Quirks: Share something odd about yourself

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Iain Aschendale, Apr 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    A friend of mine thinks that a "poker face" is letting your face go utterly blank, flat, and expressionless... when you have something to hide. Now, I'm not a great liar, but I've tried to explain to them the concept of "tells" and failed to get through. Makes life easier for me in terms of spotting surprises I guess.

2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

This.. doesn't seem like the contradiction it is worded as. Was one of those meant to be "secure" or "not vulnerable"?

3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

If you do it over a consistent period of at least a minute it might be enough to make your face harder to read without itself giving anything away. Also, knowing something is being hidden is not the same as knowing what it is. This can something be a sort of know-nothing knowledge where a known unknown just makes you more anxious. It might actually psych people out if they're unsure what you're hiding.

4. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

I took being insecure as guarded in real life and vulnerable as in removing the armor and being open about these things online.

5. ThunderAngel

ThunderAngel Contributor Contributor

It was stated accurately, that's why, I suppose, it's one of my quirks. I tend to be vulnerable online, much less so in person. :)

Cave Troll and Oscar Leigh like this.
  6. Virgo76

Virgo76 Banned

Not actually me but my friend said his boss constantly takes calls on his headset. He appears to be talking to you but its impossible to tell if what he says is intended for you or not.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  7. Virgo76

Virgo76 Banned

I can remember music very clearly in my head for years. I can often remember TV themes I haven't heard since early childhood. But I cannot sing well or play music so have few means to reproduce it for anyone else.

8. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

On a similar note, I seem to have a long memory for music that was used in tv adverts. I can hear a tune on the radio, and then I'm telling anyone whose with me what advert it was used for.
    ETA: It's an utterly useless party trick, and I've never impressed anyone with it yet. :p

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Some Guy, Cave Troll and Virgo76 like this.
  9. Radrook

Radrook Banned Contributor

Everywhere I go people want to argue with or fight me. This can happen at arrival, on the way there or on the trip back. Sometimes the whole three. Never fails. My daughter noticed the phenomenon and used to laugh whenever I was preparing to go out . Total strangers, passersby, store clerks, doctors, nurses, customers, patients neighbors, familiy etc. The same statistically- improbable garabage over and over, day after day, month after month and year after year and which I am, of course, expected to believe is just sheer concidence. .

10. ZoomerWriter

ZoomerWriter Banned

I have the memory of a goldfish and I can't tie my shoes despite being 15.

11. DarkPen14

DarkPen14 Florida Man in Training Contributor

When walking through a doorway, if it's a swinging door or partly open, I have push it with my fist. I can't just walk through like a normal person, I have to punch it

Simpson17866 likes this.
  12. DarkPen14

DarkPen14 Florida Man in Training Contributor

My ability to remember the lyrics to songs that came out before I was born far exceeds my ability to remember why I went into the kitchen.

13. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Zombie Among Us and Cave Troll like this.
  14. Zombie Among Us

Zombie Among Us Active Member

When I was a kid, I had terrible OCD. If I grazed something, I had to touch it with all the sides of my finger or hand. Any part that partially touched it had to put more pressure on it. It's hard to explain, but it was my reality for a while. It got out of hand and I learned that I had to resist it, and I snapped out of it. Sometimes still happens to me though.

One thing that's always been relevant for me is the way I do math. For example, if I had to add five and six, I would see it as five, five, and one. That way, I could add it up to ten, then add the one. It makes it a million times easier for me. Also, if I had to multiply four times five, I'd do five times five (twenty five) and then remove a five (twenty). Nine times nine is just nine times ten minus nine.

One last example of how I multiply:
    Six times six is thirty-six. Six times three is eighteen, so six times six is twice of eighteen.

Some Guy and Simpson17866 like this.
  15. Muller

Muller New Member

:wtf: Here's one for you writers.

When I see a woman I'm attracted to, my first instinct is to run out of the building. Like the end of a Pixar movie. If the shopkeep hadn't said something, I would have ran off having forgotten to pay for my coffee.

Cave Troll likes this.
  16. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

When I see an attractive woman, I look her up on the web for naked photos... :D

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  17. Muller

Muller New Member

See, I knew this is why I shouldn't have said that. But no, I thought, trust the forum.

Edit: Then again, I put Pixar at fault by association. Damn.

Some Guy likes this.
  18. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

:p

Muller likes this.