1. Antaus

Antaus Active Member

Character Share

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Antaus, May 5, 2018.

Just because I like to share, I decided to start a character share thread. Feel free to post your fictional characters if you'd like to share them. The one I'm listing is one of my oldest, and has been with me 20+ years. I also appreciate the comments and opinions of the people who reply. Thanks in advance

[​IMG]
    (The image of Audrey Tautou is simply to give an idea of physical appearance)

Name: Maria Annacelles Victoria Dragos (née Talwa)
    Age: Has to think about it, stopped counting a long time ago.
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 103 lbs.

Personality

Many people who meet Maria would describe her as cold and distant. She rarely, if ever, speaks to people she doesn't know unless required to, and at times, even ignores those that talk to her. Maria is ruthless and has no problem resorting to violence to get her point across. To those that only see the face she presents in public, which includes a callous attitude with no regard for the welfare of others, she would be considered a sociopath.

This would likely hold true if it wasn't for her spouses (a husband and wife) and daughters, all of whom she loves dearly. To them she talks, smiles, and treats them as equals. This is however not something she shows in public. Maria's perceived attitude isn't a front either, as she does typically have considerable disdain for most people and looks down on them as weak and pathetic.

Maria will at times kill as an example to others, sometimes she kills those who piss her off. Torturing people for amusement isn't unheard of either. What a lot of people know about Maria is that she also has a lot of rage and anger that is thinly veiled and just below the surface, waiting to get out. When it does she's liable to attack and kill anyone who gets in her way (save her family), but she never lets the rage control her.

Relationships

Kaizer Dragos: Her husband and the only man outside her blood family she's ever loved, and aside from her wife, the only one who ever sees the 'real' Maria. Even around her daughters she remains somewhat guarded seeing a need to present a strong parental image. They have a very loving relationship that still involves physical intimacy even after being married for a very long time. She defers to Kaizer as the patriarch of the family when there's a disagreement on a decision, but respects him because he listens to her opinions and never disregards what she has to say.

Cassidy Dragos (née Ramsey): Maria's wife and polar opposite in both personality and physical appearance (largely weight). Cassidy is also one of the few people who can calm her down when she gets angry. For reasons even Maria can't entirely explain, her wife's loving and jovial nature seems to dispel the rage and anger she carries with her constantly. Cassidy can also, on occasion, get her to laugh. Similar to Kaizer they have a very deep emotional and physical relationship.

Leeta Dragos: With her daughter, Maria has an odd relationship. Leeta has a stuck up princess attitude that often grates on her nerves, and shoots her mouth off. It has a habit of writing checks her @$$ can't cash with Maria and the two have gotten into all out throw downs. Leeta has never won a fight with her mother and while some might see this as abusive and disfunctional, neither has 'almost killed' the other and it acts as a form of non-verbal communication. It's how they work out issues. Despite the fist fights and arguments, when they're not duking it out they do get along and love each other very much. Every now and then the fights even end in a fit of laughter on Leeta's part.

Macianna Dragos: Macianna (or Maci for short) is Cassidy's daughter by Kaizer, but because of the unique marriage triangle between Maria, Cassidy, and Kaizer (each married to the other two), she is considered Maci's second-mother. Maria loves her like a daughter and helped raise her as such, but despises her timid attitude. She's never berated the girl or harmed her in any way, often trying to push her to be more aggressive and assertive.

Lovers: One of the rather unique aspects of her relationships, aside from the nature of her marriages, are lovers. She, Cassidy, and Kaizer, all sleep with women whom they are not married to, and at times even share. This extends to their daughters as well, though with them it's never at the same time or in the same bed. To the three their lovers are just a bit of fun, at the 'end of the day' as one might say, it's always their spouses they come home to.

Skills/Abilities

Physical Combat: Maria was trained by her father for extreme physical combat, and is capable of turning just about anything into a weapon, or killing with her bare hands. The training was quite brutal and often left Maria bruised and bloody, but it wasn't because the man was vicious, it was to teach her how ruthless other people would be. The regular beat downs were also to help her build a tolerance to pain. Her uncle trained her in the arts of stealth, assassination, and how to kill quietly, even when other people were close by. She typically wields twin short swords underhand style, and is trained in multiple forms of martial arts.

Mystic Arts: Since childhood Maria has been trained in the mystic arts and is highly skilled in very advanced techniques, though she typically doesn't use magic unless it's required, preferring to rely on physical combat instead. She can also use her mystical abilities to augment herself physically when needed.

Hobbies

One of the reasons Maria is so proficient in combat is because it's something she enjoys. The thrill of the hunt, facing somebody in personal combat, and killing a worthy opponent. Even in her off time she often trains in either physical combat, or the mystic arts to keep her skills as sharp as possible. Most often she'll spar with Kaizer because he's the one person she's never been able to best in either respect.

That aside she enjoys other physical activities such as jogging, rock climbing and weight lifting. About the only non-physical hobby she practices is animal breeding, because despite her relatively sadistic nature, she bares no malice toward animals.

Threat Assessment

To give a better idea of Maria's threat level, I've compared her to well known fictional characters. To give an idea I'll use comic book characters as an example. If Maria were to go up against what I call street level villains such as Doctor Octopus, she'd turn him inside out without breaking a sweat. Now if you go to the opposite end of the spectrum to someone like, Thanos without the infinity gems, who just made a fantastic cinematic debut, I imagine she could hold her own for a time and likely do a fair bit of damage, but I don't see her winning an all out fight by herself.

In Closing

To be honest this is really only a brief overview of the character, because to describe everything about her in detail would result in a massive TL-DR.

honey hatter and Cave Troll like this.
  2. Odile_Blud

Odile_Blud Active Member

[​IMG]
    Name: Snake
    Height: 5'7'
    Weight: Beats me!

Personality and Backstory
    A feisty little snake (as snakes tend to be) minding his own business when a pirate mage turns him into a human. Apparently snakes have great navigation abilities and you know what they say, "If you need to navigate, go find a snake in the trees somewhere and turn it into a person." Snake cannot be made a snake again until they find the treasure.

They tried to make him the water boy, he wasn't having that. Snake can normally be found sitting alone, as he is rather introverted (or rather he doesn't like people). His temper's pretty short, but if you can manage to get on his good side, you'll find he's not so bad, and actually pretty nice to talk to.

Careful though, he still has his venom!

Relationships (the following a just the rest of the pirate crew)

Captain Aurel
    Crystal (quartermaster)
    Raven
    Ildae Amias
    Agatha
    Gwydion (Snake's master and the mage who made him human)
    Chains

Abilities
    He's pretty good with guns, although, when he wants to, he can kill his enemies with a bite.

Threat Assessment

He's pretty lethal, and upon meeting him, you might find him intimidating, but however hot head-headed, he really doesn't react violently too often, only when it's time to take down his opponents. He mostly doesn't care for fights. Just rather be left alone.

Closing

He is not the main character. Amias is, but I didn't have a picture drawn of Amias, so I thought I'd share Snake. Snake's one of my favorite members in the crew. Him and Crystal. The picture is actually not complete, well Snake is completed, anyway, but Crystal is supposed to be beside him. I just haven't gotten to adding him yet.

3. Antaus

Antaus Active Member

A pirate mage who made a snake human, then recruited him and made him a pirate too. That's definitely a rather unique story concept to say the least, and one I've not heard before.

Odile_Blud likes this.